• I believe that security is the endpoint to our goals

I believe security is the ultimate goal of humanity, not just from criminals and war mind you, but with ourselves (mind and health) and with others and our needs. Everyone wants to be secure in their own thoughts, feelings and their surroundings. However, the thing is that freedom is essential to creating security. I believe that all dictatorships will fail to bring ultimate security to their populace. Many have tried, but they ultimately end up failing to address issues which cause insecurities.

I believe freedom is the best tool we have to maximize our security. This is why I believe that a well-planned democracy is the best system, and that stripping people of freedom can lead to problems in the long run.

• No, security is everyone's job

Placing laws in effect that limit freedoms, but increase security is foolish. It is a sign of a weak population. A population that is willing to give up their freedoms for a false sense of security is one that has no backbone. Freedom is the cornerstone of being an American citizen.

• Freedom is more important than security.

Freedom is something that we all strive for, or should. Without freedom there is little to keep secure. Our freedom should be what we fight to keep secure, and the basis of morals and laws. Laws against murder, rape, stealing, and so on come from the ideas of protecting others basic human rights. Basic human rights are the foundations of freedom.