• Enough to be a villain

I think Sentinel is not 100% evil, but his actions definitely make him unlikable. His intentions in Dark of the Moon are worthwhile (to rebuild his home world), but his means were not that justifiable. He was perfectly willing to sacrifice Earth and its inhabitants for Cybertron to be born again, and that was wrong. Sometimes sacrifices can be made for the greater good, but to a massive extent.

• Enough to be deemed a villain

I don't think Sentinel is 100% evil, but his actions definitely make him unlikable. His intentions in Dark of the Moon are worthwhile (to rebuild his home world), but his means were not that justifiable. He was perfectly willing to sacrifice Earth and its occupants for Cybertron to be born again, and that was wrong. Sacrifices can be made for the greater good, but not to the extent of forsaking an entire planet. The Autobots recognized that.

• I guess he just made poor choices

But as a leader he did what he thought was best for his people. Of course it was wrong but at that point think about his priorities; STOPPING the Decepticons not DEFEATING them. All in all he made some foolish decisions.

I can firmly say that sentinel had a good heart that was led the wrong way.

• Not completely, no.

While in the movie what he did is seen to us humans as evil, there is no way to say what it other then subjective views.

While he did what we see bad, it was for his own race. I am sure we can say we have done things similar in the past. Invade and not care about anyone that is not of your skin color, intelligence or land.

So no, he was not evil, just did not make the right choice.

ladiesman says2014-05-11T00:51:00.923
All in all, Sentinel Prime is a character with a well-meaning goal but used unwarranted means to accomplish it. I still think he deserves to be labeled a villain. The part in Dark of the Moon where he killed Ironhide after revealing his true colors, that was totally unnecessary. And he almost killed Optimus before Megatron intervened. What I really detest about him is his illusion of infallibility.