• Determined at birth

There is no way that sexuality is a choice. I'm a lesbian and I have recently looked back at my childhood and found many girl 'crushes' and non-attraction to boys. It's absurd how I can look back and realize i was like this all my life and this isn't a choice and I shouldn't be ashamed or have to defend my side.

• Determined at birth

• Why would they choose this life

Studies show that homosexually attracted people have higher rates of depression, anxiety, and suicide. Why would someone willingly choose to enter a life that could very well lead to that? They are born the way they are, and that's not abnormal. Homosexual attraction is shown to affect the same parts of the brain as left-handedness. No one considers a left-handed person to be abnormal, or born with some defect. Love is love.

• Born That Way

All of the LGBTQ+ members that I know of have told me that they feel they are born that way, and all the straight people I know of say they don't believe it. There has been similar genes found in gay males, which is still being fully discovered. Being questioning (which I have been for as long as I can remember) , I feel that was born like that as I was questioning at such an early age.

• You are born with your sexual orientation, you do not choose it.

A person's sexual orientation has been shown to be determined at birth or a very young age. When speaking with members in the LGBT community, they will state that they are not making a choice for their sexual orientation, but there was always a need or preference towards a particular gender.

• People are who they are

There is no way to tell a person what their sexual orientation should be. They have something inside them that tells them what to feel and who to feel it for. This is inside them since birth. It isn't possible to sway someone because you don't like what they are choosing.

• Sexual orientation is something people either choose or are pressured into

No one is born gay, lesbian, or bisexual or pansexual or whatever. Whether it results from child abuse, gay rape, peer pressure, or simply being called "gay" by people around you, sexual orientation is a choice. Everyone is born straight, because to be heterosexual is to follow the natural way of things. If someone is homosexual then something has happened to them to make them that way. And if someone is homosexual, it doesn't define them. They don't have to be homosexual. It is a choice

• People get to choose if they are gay or not it depends on how they are raised and such.

When a mom wants a girl instead of a guy they would treat their boy as a girl which is going to make him gay. And such. And when parents do this it causes people to change. This is what happend to my sister mom wanted a dude and she turned into a dike.,

• You don't chose it. You experience it.

I am bisexual myself and I didn't know that I was after kissing a girl. I was always attracted to guys but I never thought about being attracted to girls. After a small kiss from a girl, I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing it felt. But I still liked guys. At first I got very confused but now that I got to know that it is an okay thing, I learned to accept myself of being bisexual. After all those years of fear of anyone finding out that I liked both genders, I now classify myself as bisexual. Only after that experience.