• Killing Anything Alıve Is A Murder

Oh god people lost their minds.Animals can't talk with us in our language , and usually can't stand up to psycho idiot people or guns because there're good people that they can trust unfortunately they're too pure to think that everyone is like them ,that's true. But they have emotions too , didn't you ever see a dog cry ? They have a family.They have a mind - not like some people- they have a heart, they have a life at least , isn't it enough ?
    Killing anything alive is a murder ,there's no point of killing for your desire

• Yes; human compassion isn't limited to fellow humans

And no less, humans themselves are animals. Don't believe me? There are many sources reachable by search engines that say because of our makeup and shape, we are nothing less than animals, though animals uniquely capable of highly-complex levels of puzzling, problem-solving, and abstraction. This may even be possible for non-human (note not SUB-human) animals among us in this world. So therefore indiscriminate shooting of animals is also cold-blooded murder.

• Which definition of murder are you going by?

Firstly, do you mean a legal definition? Because by that definition, it isn't always murder. By the technical definition of "murder", still no. The dictionary definition of another human being is part of the definition. This means under conditions "specifically covered by the law." So, technically no. If you mean killing a living being and you define that as murder, yes. And killing someone's pet is still illegal so that definition needs to be changed in my opinion. You can only kill certain types of animals with a special license, which hunters have. To hunt you also have to have a gun license.

So, if you ask someone from PETA, they will say that any animal is a living being and therefore it is murder. I actually agree with this. I believe that humans should eat meat, but only of the right type of meat. A farmer, slaughtering his chicken, to feed people is actually not always immoral.

But I've seen documentaries on what they do to animals in slaughter houses. It isn't clean. It's despicably evil and my opinion and I think it needs to stop. On the other hand, I think one should actually eat meat. I think it is natural food that humans need to eat.

It's hard to get iron without red meat. The truth is most vegetarians get by though. They are smaller than a normal human being. This is because meat does help build muscle and does have a high amount of fat to it. Most vegetarians are skinny and one actually can get away with getting most of their protein from fish and nuts anyways though so killing animals may not be needed.

But back to the main point. By what I would put into the dictionary, I would generally define killing an animal as murder. Also, the people who do try to feed everyone need to be nicer to the animals they kill. But a normal person killing an animal, other than in certain circumstances, is killing a living, conscious being, and is therefore murder in my view.

• Yes, it is.

Murder by definition is killing another human being with malice in their minds. But I believe that killing any being that can feel pain and emotion such as fear is murder. I am an intense animal lover, have been a vegetarian for a while, and firmly believe that taking the life of a living creature is murder. Another animal killing another animal is murder as well, just as a human killing another human is murder. An animal may not have a soul or complex thoughts, but they can feel basic emotions and pain. Shooting an animal is killing it, therefore shooting an animal is murder, even if the law won't punish you for it.

• Meat tastes like murder and murder tastes pretty good!

My headline is a quote from Dennis Leary (1) Anyway, I love animals. I love them more than I love most people. But I tried to be a vegetarian for two years, and was sick most of the time. I finally couldn't take it anymore and pulled into Arby's (best roast beef sandwich I ever had in my life lol). I tried to be a vegetarian too late in life - once you're past your 30's it's too late for a radical diet change. That being said, yes I love animals and wish I didn't have to eat them. Oh well. I wish we didn't have to chop down trees to make things. I believe that "other" animals (yes sorry to those of us who think we aren't animals but we are) feel the same fear and pain of death that we do and will. I also believe that if cows were at the top of the food chain I'd be hearing a moo and a bang. I reconcile going back to eating meat with never throwing it away, even if I'm full. That way I am at least showing the animal some respect, not chucking it down the garbage disposal. Yes, it's murder. It's murder that gives me life. It's murder when any other animal kills an animal. Deal with it.

• Isn't animal a living being?

They too have a life which is equally precious as compared to humans. Yes it is true that Humans have been hunting since the ancient times, but is this the ancient period? We live in the modern world where everything is becoming scarce from water to species. So this is not an excuse!

• Not by the letter of the law, but in every other way

To my way of thinking, the intentional killing of any human life is murder. Dogs, for example, can think, feel, experience joy and sadness, fear and loneliness, pain and pleasure, etc. They don't think the way humans do, but in many ways they are more evolved than humans. Their capacity for love, forgiveness and loyalty is endless and they are never petty, cynical, or hold a grudge. They add so much to human's lives and enrich our existence. To kill such an animal, in my opinion, is definitely murder

• It's completely no

Although I hate and criticize those who kill animals for entertaining purposes, I do not think killing or butchering animals is an act of murder. Firstly, we should notice that animals and plants are in our food chains and below our layer. By saying this, I mean taking a life of a animal is naturally normal as the wildlife does. For example, it's quite common that a deer is killed by a lion or a wolf in wild environment. Another point to add is there are some occasion on which we have to kill them for the our sake. For instance, wiping mouses out of my house or killing the wolves to protect our livestock from slaughtering is understandable

• Nope. Murder is defined as:

The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.

1. When you shoot an animal you don't shoot a human - not murder.

2. When you shoot an animal you skin it and eat it, thus, justification - not murder.

Animals don't feel pain 9/10.
    Controls animal population - look up the boar.

Don't be so contentious, if you want to be a vegetarian, so be it, but don't be ignorant. Humans have been hunting as long as we could hold a spear, and we are not about to stop because the modern fad is to whimper and mourn every time a hunter shoots a pig.

If society were to slip, even just a bit, supermarkets, gluten-free sections, power shakes, all that stuff, would disappear, and where would the vegetarians go? Go and forage in the North American forest? Hah.

• Let's review the Definitions:

: the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.
    : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought.
    : the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law.
    : the killing of a human being by a sane person, with intent, malice aforethought (prior intention to kill the particular victim or anyone who gets in the way) and with no legal excuse or authority.
    : the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    : Section 1751(a) of Title 18 incorporates by reference 18 U.S.C. §§ 1111 and 1112. 18 U.S.C. § 1111 defines murder as the unlawful killing of a human being with malice, and divides it into two degrees.
    : Murder occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being.

• Of course it isnt

If theres a cockroach on my bathroom and I blow it to kingdom-come with my double barreled shotgun that I may or may not have modified to also be a flamethrower, then that is not murder because that godless killing machine that is a cockroach could have torn me limb from limb and destrotyed another (white) american family! Shooting animals isnt murder, its pre-emptive self defense

• If it is for food, no.

Sport, is another thing. If you need food, or you use the food up, then its not murder, its survival. However if you are tacking up a head on your wall, then it becomes a problem. But, no, I think that if its for food then you need it, and there are exceptions, but just for the hell of it, no, its murder.

• Animals cannot be murdered

Animals are not subject to social contract and are consequently not subject to any such law which always defines murder as the intentional killing of a human being. As murder is a legal concept preserved purely for people, the argument of an animal being murdered is self contradictory by definition. As such, while animals may be killed, they are not murdered.

• No, it is not, by definition.

Murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another. Animals are not humans. Therefore, to kill an animal is not murder. If killing an animal were murder then--God, help us--we all commit murder whenever we step on a cockroach, swat a mosquito, or treat malaria.

To say nothing of the meat industry. Humans are omnivorous by nature, and evolution has optimized our digestive and metabolic systems in order to consume both meat and plants. While it it possible to consume only plants, it requires careful planning, lest it lead to nutrient deficiencies. Furthermore, vegetarianism would be impractical for those with limited access to non-animal products.

• Legal Differences: Humans and Animals

Human society relies on animals being beneath humans both legally and pragmatically. The use of raw materials found in nature for such things as medical research, and the development of human infrastructure automatically will indirectly adversely affect animals lives and habitat. As matter of policy human society cannot allow animals the same protections as humans because to do so would slow human growth and development. In order to best advance as a species we need not provide animals the same protections as humans and therefor killing animals does not constitute murder.

• No it Is not:

There are many reasons why people shoot animals, Eg... A predatory animal such as a bear or a wolf is attacking you, Population control of introduced species, hunting an animal for food, putting an animal out of its misery after being hit by a car and lots more. There is a difference between killing and animal and animal cruelty, the difference is if you kill an animal you do it quick and for a reason, cruelty is where you harm or kill an animal without justification in ways that cause slow painful deaths.

• No it is not

It might be morally wrong i'm not going argue that point one way or another but if you have a look a the definition of murder; mur·der
    The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    You'll notice it specifically point out that the victim has to human