• Points Per Game

Sidney Crosby has the 4th Best points per game in NHL history. He has also won every possible individual and team award that can be won before the age of 25. Crosby makes the players around him better (kunitz and dupuis). Crosby is always improving and is good at many little things such as faceoffs, shootouts, and he always is a good all around player being defensively responsible and his plus minus demonstrates this.

• Yes, he's the best player in the NHL.

He is really good and no one is better than him so how is he not? He might be hated by some people but he is still the best. I believe and that's what all the NHL stats say that he is still the best. That's why the Penguins are doing so well with Crosby, Malkin and others.

• Yes, he is.

I think that by any reasonable measures in the National Hockey League and in sports in general, Sidney Crosby can be considered the best player in the NHL. His MVP is one good reason, for starters. His numbers and performance this year have also been nothing short of fantastic, I say.

• Yes He Is

Sydney Crosby is currently the best player in the NHL. His career stats and accomplishments justify him getting that label. He is in a league of his own and nobody in the NHL today really comes close to him in the skills department. He's a great skater, defender and scorer.

• Good best better

Good best better, good best better, beast, good best better, good best better, beast, good best better, good best better, beast, good best better, good best better, beast, good best better, good best better, beast, good best better, good best better, beast, good best better, good best better, beast. Best

• He is the best top scorer with Alex you can not find a beter capten for the Pittsburgh Penguins

I can see if other people do not like him or say that he is a cry baby because it does not matter he is still a good hockey player of all time and he shows that he is so good. He shows that he cares about his team he is good

• Oh, come on!

Dude how can u say he did nothing in his rookie year, he had 102 points! Thats amazing for a rookie player! Thats one of the highest amount of points a rookie has ever gotten. And he doesnt do badly with a bad team, he makes them better!!!! Cmon Man!

• Dad dad dad

Dawdawd mfmf mf mfm fm f mf mf mfm fm f mfm fm f mfm f mf mf mf mf mfm mf mf mf mf mf mffmfm mf fm fm fm mf mf mf fm mf mf mf mf mf mf mf mf mf mf mmf mf mf mf mf mf mf f f ff ff f f f f f

• He's only good with a good team around him

First season in the league he did nothing. And the penguins had nobody around him, then they get guys like Letang, Malkin, Staal etc and he does something. He was silent in the Olympics until a lucky rebound. He's overhyped by the media. Then there are his actions on the ice. Diving like an Italian soccer team, whining about everything and the cheap shots. He's one of the dirtiest players. Fact of the matter is, hes a good hockey player but he's not the best, the Penguins would still be where they are right now without crybaby Crosby.

• Toews gets it done.

Kevan McGran, Toronto Star (2014 Playoffs):
    "One goal, nine assists in 12 playoff games. Not exactly Crosby-like numbers, but those are Crosby’s numbers."
    "Toews is Mr. Clutch. He now leads all players with a career-high four game-winning goals in the 2014 playoffs. He also ranks first in Blackhawks history and tied for seventh among all active NHL players (with teammate Marian Hossa) with 10 career game-winning goals in the post-season. Crosby is not in the top 10."

• He's a dirty whiner

He can score but I hate the little whiner. He's always whining at the refs. He slashes, trips and cross checks everyone and gets away with it because he's Sidney.. Too bad you young kids have him to look up to. There's a lot better players than " Sid the kid .. I mean, baby"

• Datsyuk is better

Crosby is maybe the best offensive player but he isn't as "perfect" player as datsyuk. Crosby is dirty, diver, complainer and not as good defensive player as datsyuk. Crosby can be made powerless by good solid defense like Boston Bruins showed in the playoffs. Datsyuk is always a big danger for the opponent.

• Good but no

Crosby is one of the best players in the league. Defining best is someone who is better at every aspect of the game. Datsyuk is a beter dangler, Thornton a better passer. You could even argue that Datsyuk is a better defensive forward than Crosby. Crsoby is probably 1 or 2 in rank as the most popular player in the league, but not the best player.

Obviously this is just my opinion, so there's that.

• No, he isn't

Sidney Crosby is a fantastic offensive talent and I'm not taking that away from him, he's an elite player that I'd love to have on my team. But he's not the best player in the league because he's not the most complete. There's a long list but for example take Patrice Bergeron, still a high caliber offensive player, great defensively, helps on special teams, absolutely dominates the faceoff circle, I value players like that more.

• My opinion he is not.

If people consider him the best player that's fine because he is great and I like him too. But I believe it's Alex Ovechkin due to his style of play and his consistency in the offensive zone. Ovi may not be a two-way forward but he had all the skills Crosby has and I believe he is the best player.

• Not good enough

He is for sure one of the best players in the NHL, but not as good as his image where he was pushed by the media. He will never have the level Datsyuk as a two way player or Stamkos as a goal scorer, so why should he be the best?!

• Crosby is not the best player

Its debatable, but Crosby is not the best player in the league. He cant play defense. He turns the puck over too many times in his own zone which leads to scoring chance for the opponent. Also I think Crosby is the worse captain in the league. He is also a cry baby and it showed in the conference finals against the Bruins. He was held without a point in the conference finals. If I needed to pick one player to build a team around I would take Patrice Bergeron because he is a two way forward.

• He is not

I think that Sidney Crosby is indeed a very good player in the National Hockey League. Do I think that he is the very best one in the league at this very moment? I do not. I would not go so far as to say such a very brave thing.

Humanities says2015-06-15T17:16:09.010
No Alexander Ovechkin is better. He is able to fight through contact and has lead the league in goals multiple years. He can score and create play like Crosby but Alex is much more aggressive and physical.