• Of course being silent is better than speaking unnecessarily

If there is an arguement going unnecessarily then it is better to remain silent rather speaking. It is not necessary to give advise every time because unknowingly we can even insult a person.I know that it is a very big task to remain silent at some points but then that is the main challenge for us. We should know how to control our emotions and the habit of speaking unnecessarily because this habit can make us in big trouble ........

• Silence as a healer

A tremendous amount of energy can be spent by talking talking talking, it becomes mechanical, so that the words spoken are merely a recording, without intention or consciousness behind it. Today, being guilty of the habit of enjoying the sound of my own voice, I decided to use the energy it requires to run that "recorder" would be spent in other ways. So far I am observing myself, at times it requires much attention to not blurt out. I am coming down with some sort of bug and my experiment is to see if the energy it requires to speak can be put towards my healing.

• Silence is a virtue.

I believe that silence is definitely a virtue. We live in such a noisy society and a distracted society. People are on their Ipods, cellphones, etc. and don't appreciate the virtue of silence. Sometimes just sitting in silent solitude can be such a refreshing experience and an experience to recharge yourself. Try it.

• Yes, Knowing when to be silent is a sign of intelligence.

Those who spend their days talking, in the center of attention often deprive themselves of the listener's benefits. Being silent and listening allows people to gain knowledge and perspective. Being on the outside of a conversation allows the opportunity to form ones own views and create a strategy to carry out those views. Those who are normally silent are more likely to be taken seriously when they decide to express their views rather than those who are dogmatic.

• Silent is manner

Being loud either with your voice or argument is a disturbance to other people peace or belief. One should show respect to private space of other people, either their physical space or personal belief. One can raise voice to express one's own belief but one should not do so simply to show that one can speak. If personal space of other individual is to be disturbed it should be done with a reason.

• Yes silence is a virtue

I think that one can argue that silence is in fact a virtue since it seems that nowadays so many people have something to say and have too much to say. Too many people are expressing views that are extreme and void of facts, and I think that it takes a strong-will person to remain silent and should be considered a virtue.

• Are U FOR REAL

Deez Nuts Are Words. To say these words, you need to not be silent. How am I supposed to say "Deez Nuts" If I am silent? That is what I thought. Deez Nuts = No Silence. Silence is for Chodes. This is America, we should know that by now. EZ.

• Silence allows for injustice.

I believe there is a difference between knowing when to speak and absolute silence. Speaking at the right time at the right volume is admirable; staying silent about injustices and never speaking your mind is weakness. How does one expect to impact the world by acting as an inanimate thing, never affecting the world? People have the freedom and gift of intelligible speech, and we should use it for good. Let the people talk, for debate comes with every peaceful society.

• Silence allows for injustice.

• Silence allows for injustice.

• It Depends, Of Course

Whether or not silence is a virtue obviously depends entirely on circumstance. If a virtue is defined as a desirable moral quality, then silence in the presence injustice is not a virtue when speaking up might prevent injustice. Innumerable examples could be given. Silence is always a virtue only in aphorisms

• Silence is NOT a virtue.

Everyone has the right to be heard. Long gone are the times when a child can just sit and talk to a parent because they are told to "shut up." I do think that children do not belong around adults when there is a get together and the adults are having their time. The children should be playing in another room and enjoying themselves. However, I do not think silence is a virture