Is skill development more important than academic achievement?

• Yes it is

Yes it is important in our day to day life. It helps us in to get admission in any job if we have skill in that particular job. I sincerely believe that skill development is far more important than academic achievement . So I belive in skill development

BY : Kavya

• I think skill development is more important than academic achievement ANYTIME.

A skill is the learned ability to carry out a task with pre-determined results often within a given amount of time and energy. In laymen words, abilities one possesses. Academics are of no avail if we can't apply them. And the application of academic knowledge is skill. So, skill development is more important than academic achievement at anytime. The importance of skill development has been acknowledged by UNESCO-UNEVOC that celebrated the first World Youth Skills Development Day on 15th July, 2015. Hence, I stand tall with my option.

• I belive skill devellopment is more important than academic achievement because........

I thing outer knowleage is much more important than muging up and vomit on exam and score very good marks....
    Then you will be a well decorated pipe which looks hard from out side but totally hollowed from inside........
    It is like the story in which.....
    4 men plan to travel to jungle, 3 of them was highly educated. Suddenly they saw a skeleton of a lion in middle of the jungle, they plan to give life back to it as they know how to..... But the forth man who was less educated than them, but acctually have more outer knowleage tried to stop them... But they didnt listen to him they did what they want. It lead a arguement and the forth man decide to climb a tree and lets see what happen. On the other hand they give life to the lion. And after they did so the kill all three of them and had a great lunch......
    And standing today if we talk academic achivement it will be useless i read in standard 8 from my experience I must say it is worse experience..... :--
    a student who use to be first in class on class test fully trash the answer from the book and when teacher asked her to write she just inked it out...
    And other 20% of our class just use to open the book and write on class tests...
    Every body cant able to good in academic if one is being first then definitely someone is there who is also scoreing last......
    But it is sure if a person have a disabitity then one side of him/her also like........
    If a sports person is very good in athletics and not in academic it doesnt mean that she/he is a useless moreover they can reach above destination than a person who is good in academic.......
    Same thing are applied on other skill development also than athletic......
    By Shamayita Sarkar Konnagar, Hooghly

• I sincerely believe that skill development is far more important than academic achievement.

I sincerely believe that skill development is far more
    important than academic achievement. Look
    at entrepreneurs like Bill gates or Mark Zuckerberg. They dropped out of school early, but I would
    be willing to bet that they are richer than ninety nine percent of the college
    graduates in the entire world.

• Academic achievement is more important than skill development.

I strongly believe that academic achievement is more important than skill development because it is academic knowledge only that is imparted in schools and colleges, which make us aware of various skills required for working in different fields. So, academic knowledge becomes the primary objective and skill a secondary one, amongst the youth of today's world that cut-throat competitions.

• Achievement means more then skill

While it is a great thing to develop a skill in particular subjects, I think there is nothing more important that excelling and achieving in one's respected academics. I think a strong skill could very well develop over time but before that happens, you should achieve your goals in whatever it is you are wanting to pursue.

• No, neither skill achievement nor education are more important than the other.

People can choose one of two ways to go when fulfilling their education. For some, it can be better to go for developing a specific skill, such as how to fix a car. For others, it can be better to achieve an educational degree, so that they can become something that requires it, such as a teacher. It's really up to each individual as to which path will help him or her excel with a specific set of skills. There's no one answer that will fit for all people.