• Yes, soccer is a definitely a contact sport.

I play soccer, and many of the my teammates have had concussions or ankle injuries. People sometimes sprain their ankles during a scrimmage, and in a game I played a while ago, one girl broke her ankle. Concussions are not uncommon. Players are allowed to shove each other, as long as they do not check them or push with their arms. But still, many people get hurt. Definitely a contact sport. If anyone doubts that, they should watch a game of high school soccer.

• Soccer is a Contact Sport

Yes, soccer is a contact sport as many times in soccer, two competitors come in contact with one another. When a soccer athlete attempts a tackle, they do so knowing fully well that they will likely come in contact with another player, and this proves that soccer is a contact sport.

• Soccer is a contact sport.

Soccer involves kicking, shoving, punching, bumping, etc, etc. My friends say it's not but, I think it is and I wish that everyone else in the world/universe would think so too! I play soccer and it definitely is a contact sport. They don't olay soccer so they don't know! I wish....

• Soccer is a contact sport but is an awesome sport

Soccer (futbol) is a contact sport and is dangerous but I love the sport. I play on a team and I know that you are capable of breaking your leg or getting a concussion during a game. But I do agree that soccer does require thinking, math and physics at times. There are other sports that are much more dangerous than soccer (futbol) but you can probably guess which ones they are. This is my opinion about soccer. So yes soccer is a contact sport. ;-)

• Contact all the way

I play soccer and even young kids play with contact. Most of it is when the Ref isn't looking so that makes it worse. Really there is so many elbows, kicks, and punches, thrown in soccer. Also hip checks and trips to. Certain youth clubs actually train kids to do those things legally, and not 16 year old boys, 9 year old boys AND girls so there!

• Soccer is most definitely a contact sport

I am a college soccer player and let me tell you that there is lots of contact. During a game last fall a kid was knocked out and had to go to the hospital because of contact. Look at the amount of injuries that happen during games or practices. You can say all you want about someone diving, but that is only a small percentage of people. I have seen bones coming out of the skin, I have seen peoples noses facing two different directions, I have seen cracked skulls so you are still going to tell me this not a contact sport? I would like you to have a defender coming studs up into you and see how you like it.

• Soccer is mostly a contact sport

I play soccer, I have had 3 (minor) concussions and have twisted and sprained many ankles. Soccer should be less of a contact sport than it is, but that is down to the ref calling fouls that are real, and not calling anything (real) at all. So yes it is, but it shouldn't be❤

• There's a difference between contact and collision!

Soccer and basketball are both contact sports. Rugby, roller derby, American football, ice hockey, and lacrosse are collision sports. Yes these sports might be more rough then soccer and basketball but they have a different terminology. I play high school and club soccer, I know that there is a lot of contact in the game. Some of the no's stated that soccer is geometry and strategy, and I completely agree with that. However in the sport, there is so much contact. You can't win a ball without shoving someone. As a result, soccer is a contact sport and rugby, roller derby, American football, ice hockey, and lacrosse are collision sports. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT TERMS!

• Used to be a contact game

Soccer(football) used to be a contact sport. It changed to "semi contact for the US World Cup and has never recovered.
    Big tackles and hard challenges used to be a huge part of the game. It's so soft and boring now. Watch some lower league Uk games for an idea of how it looked before it got ruined.

• Wecqwnv cv sdwicvn

Juh juh jhu u uyu y uu huuyjh ujhy uyjhu yhju yjh b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bs,d. B,sdf

• Soccer is a sport of strategy and geometry

Soccer is most certainly not a contact sport of any kind. While there might be some bumps, pushes and shoves along the way (and don't those "professionals" like to flop around like a dying fish when it happens, the fakers) the actual game is not about that. It's about anticipating your opponents' next move, and of calcuating the the right angle and momentum for the shot. Soccer is a game of literally thinking on your feet.

• Learning the Rules

As my son is advancing, I've been learning the rules of soccer. I am now a certified Regional Referee. Clearly, 99% of the sport NOT a contact sport. There are rare occasions where RESTRICTED FORM of contact is allowed (e.G. Two players chasing a "loose ball") .... I estimate this is ONE PERCENT of the game.

There is a significant danger with the common myth: soccer is, by and large, a contact sport. Keep in mind: unlike American Football, the players are wearing no protection.

Sad to see so many games where the coaches & referees allow dangerous play -- notably, high kicking at/ near an opponents "belt" or face at the lower levels / young ages. I typically see players kicking each other several times every match & typically never called. Also, goal keepers often find themselves on the dangerous end of a charge. World Cup and Premier League have zero tolerance for this. For the safety of our sons and daughters, we should as well.

• Soccer is not, if they touch its a penalty

The only contact is the foot and ball m n b v c x z l k j h g fd s a p o i u y tr e w q j j j j n b b u i o o j b k k m b n

• Not at all

I have played and reffed soccer and it is not a contact sport. After i started playing lacrosse i realized soccer was nothing. Sure there is a little body here and there but nothing that is real contact once becoming a ref i also see that nobody actually gets hit at all.

• Not at all

• Not at all

• Not at all

• Not at all

• Not at all

• Not a Contact Sport!

I am a referee for over 15 years and if you understand the Laws of the game you realize it is not a contact sport. Some contact is allowed but not encouraged. One of the high school players that voted "yes" stated; "Plus, you can hit someone as hard as you can with all your might as long it is legal, such as checking someone. " It's never legal to hit someone as hard as you can.