• Social Media is bad for you

Cyberbullying can occur. You might also meet strangers and get called to a meeting point which is dangerous. Social media distracts everyone from their daily lives. Social media is not social. There also are inappropriate stuff on social media you wouldn't want to see. Some people also get blackmailed on social media!

• Social media is good

Social Media can help you express yourself in ways that you never could in person. You can ask anonymous questions and get medical help online. You can talk to distant relatives and find old friends. You can get help on assignments for class and show everyone what you're doing on snapchat. You can make a profile for your pets and show everyone how cute they are. You can support someone who is depressed. You can vent about anything you want. You can talk to a friend or confess your love. You can do almost ANYTHING on social media and most of it is good.

• Social media is not good for kids

I being a kid who uses social media sites know the harms that can come from using social media but sadly even people who are older than me don't fully understand the harms of social media. There are so many reasons why social media is not good for kids one of which being the fact that the information you put in can possibly cause you to get raped which is a very serious matter. Please do not report me for the fact that I said the word rape because being raped is VERY serious and it is one of the possibilities of having social media

• Social media is good for you

It can help you with online classes and people all around the world with home work it can also help you with work and businesses and also its good to have around because if your like me and you family lives every were around you and you don't see them all the time its nice to like face time them hear there voice for a change it is making the future better for us

• It's very distracting to kids.

My son is always on social media, and I told my son to come to dinner and to my surprise he was on his phone for 1:38min 52 secs!!!! Like what has this world come to? I am officially pissed with this world and its social media problems I cant handle the stress

• It's very distracting to kids.

• Social media is good some people are stupid on it but it is not social media itself people need to take a closer look

Some people on social media are bad but that is why you stay away from them and only add your friends.
    It is easier to make friends online because it is easier for you to tell them about yourself then in real life because sometimes most people aren't very good at communicating a lot in the real world also don't blame social media it's just the people on it and if social media you think it isn't safe then don't let your children have it in the first place don't ruin it for everyone else

• Super saturation on social media

Overloaded of information as people share the knowledge,work,news through social media.
    On social networking sites people can change,add,delete,the fact without the need of permission by the admin.
    It grant the uses the ability to do several tasks at same time.
    Social media stimulates our brain with more visual, colors and images.

• No. No. No!

Because it is. There is no real need for us to have it, because we survived just fine in the Victorian (& etc.) ages, by sending letters. So just use your puny little brains and think about it, you know, just realise that you are turning into robotic... ROBOTS, and STOP!

• Social media is good

It is upto us that how we are using it.. Everything in this world has some bad effects too, I agree this point but it doesn't mean that we forget about all the good things.. Social media is helping us to explore and to share our ideas.. So it's good. 💕

• Social media is not good for kids

• Mini gums lol

Social media is bad its also a big source of bulling only adults should use it . Affects kids and makes them feel sad its a big source of a lot of bad stuff . I know its a big attraction for kids but its also bad for there life

• It's very distracting to kids.

• It's never good

All the examples are things that social media causes. "In 2015 researchers at the Pew Research Center based in Washington DC sought to find out if social media induces more stress than it relieves". It causes more stress because you are view other peoples stress which causes you stress. Also, this affects others to because it's a stream of stress that can affect the mood of people viewing this. Anxiety also causes so bad things. " people who report using 7 or more social media platforms were more than three times likely as people who use zero to 2 platforms to have high levels of general anxiety symptoms" This causes trouble sleeping which causes them to do badly at the work or school. Also, anxiety could give paranoia which could cause a great amount of trouble for your life. Social media could also cause a addiction in some ways "tweeting may be harder to resist than cigarettes and alcohol". This also causes distractions that could cause a car crash if someone tried to use their phone while driving. It could also cause a student going to a bad college because it could cause a someone to be distracted from choosing a good college.
    Furthermore, it can destroy relationships. " Those with a phone in eyeshot were less positive when recalling their interaction afterward, had less meaningful conversations and reported feeling less close to their partner than the others, who had a notebook on top of the table instead". Also some women might get jealous if their partner added someone of the opposite gender. Social media also brings relationships apart because there isn't much feeling when talking on the phone then there would be in person. It also causes envy which could also cause a break in a relationship. "In a study involving 600 adults, roughly a third said social media made them feel negative emotions – mainly frustration – and envy was the main cause". This also is a very bad thing because it could be making people do something that may harm there body to become someone that they see online. It is also a leading cause of becoming a bully.It could also change someone's well-being."In a study from 2013, researchers texted 79 participants five times a day for 14 days, asking them how they felt and how much they’d used Facebook since the last text. The more time people spent on the site, the worse they felt later on, and the more their life satisfaction declined over time". This could cause a lot of trouble over time and cause depression. Also, it causes some other feelings that are listed above.

Info from BBC news - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180104-is-social-media-bad-for-you-the-evidence-and-the-unknowns

• Social media is bad for you

It can distract you and make you not do your work. If your on it to much your brain wont function right becuase youve been staring at a screen all day. Also there can be really inapropriate things on social media. Sometimes people can comment really mean things and those things can lead to other bad things.

• Social media is baaaaad!

First of all, why I think using social media should not be used a lot is because it is fake. On any social media, you may have lots of “friends.” But these “friends” have only been talked to online. But what if one of these “friends” were just trying to get more information about you. You may mistake people on social media as friends. But it doesn’t matter about the things they share with you or how nice they look in their profile picture, you would want somebody you can truly be friends with that is not on social media. I believe that social media is fake and you shouldn’t trust people just because of things they share.
    Secondly, I believe that technology brings us away from other people. It takes time away from doing something active with your friends or family. Lots of teens, for example, don’t spend enough time with their friends in person. Instead they text and stare at their screen. About 76% percent of teens in the world use social media and 94% of the world uses it daily. That means that they are using it too much and they should be with friends or family. I believe that social media brings us away from other people.

• Social media is bad for you

• Social media is bad for you