• It shows the flaws of socialism

"Socialism if good until you run out of other peoples money"- Margaret Thatcher once said this great quote and it is true. Socialism never works because sooner or later people who get there wealth taken from them will leave to another country. These are the people who make the jobs available to workers. if they decide to move to a place such as china where taxes and cost are low the jobs leave bringing the economy down. Also entitlements become costly for governments and they fall such as Greece.

• Euro Zone Debt Crisis Shows Socialism Overblown

Thanks to many factors including the Euro Zone debt crisis and the inability of European countries to decide something as a whole, I would say socialism is bad for Europe. The quality of life is very good, but the freedoms enjoyed by Americans aren't necessarily so in Europe. With so many governments cutting funding due to austerity measures, socialism isn't the best thing for Europe at all.

• Socialism hurts the country and individuals

Socialism is bad for Europe (and other countries in general) since it puts all power of decision-making in the hands of the government, not those who are best suited to make relevant decisions. Prices should be set through supply and demand--and through competition from other companies that sell a similar product, be it health care or hot dogs. Also, consumers might not agree with what is available to them under socialism, as is the case with birth control under the new US health care plan. Socialism has been responsible for long waits for medical care, and in some cases some people might not get the care they need due to lack of funding by the government (i.e., taxpayers).

• Socialism can only take you so far.

Socialism can only take a country so far. Eventually, I think greed will lead to corruption and that will cause more problems than socialism solves.

We saw what happened to Greece. Now other European countries are beginning to fall apart because of socialism. It's great that you want to spread the wealth, but what happens when there is no more wealth?

• Ran out of Money

Europe ruined its economy with the socialist programs it put in place and increased public death rates by making guns illegal. This had lead to the once great contries like Greece becoming very debt struck and are dragging the entire continent down with them. Good bye Europe. Thx for reading :)

• Ran out of Money

• Of coure it did

A a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a Duh sociaism is evil vote trump 2016

• Debate over: GREECE!

...And Venezuela, Argentina, Puerto Rico, etc.

"Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people's money."
    - Margaret Thatcher

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...That the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

• There goes democracy..

So much for European democracy there all going down the drain one at a time. Incredibly a whole big group of idiots in America won't get there heads out of there ass and still find this to be acceptable for America. I ask why you gotta ruin this country? You already ruined Europe if you don't like Americas freedom why don't you just leave the country and go to Europe or something. It was to be expected I guess Americas democracy is so strong thanks to the conservatives that keep the socialists in check as much as possible. Europe doesn't seem to have that aspect therefore they can run a muck. Racism towards white people, misandry from young women thanks to feminism all of this is in America but I it's far worse in Europe and no hell for a white male. If America becomes fully socialist god forbid I think I'll move to the Middle East or something there a bit dangerous but at least not oppressive to men.

• There goes democracy..

• No,socialism is not bad for Europe.

Because the way that Europe is spaced as far as land and people they can use socialism in a somewhat successful manner.The European countries are smaller and closer together so the people there have to learn how to live in close quarters and don't find individualism as important as Americans.

• What is wrong with you?

Not all European countries are socialist. I see many arguments that claim socialism ruined the economy in Europe. The olive countries did that. The socialist countries (Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, and Belguim) are mostly some of the richest economies in the world. It doesn't negatively impact the people whatsoever. I am from the Netherlands and our Economy works great. Let me just tell you why. We don't have to worry about our high quality health care, and all those other things because they are provided to us. So what if we have to pay high taxes? We get it back, and other people get it back. Everyone wins, except maybe the top richest, and they can easily leave the country for another. And they have, and it has kept working. Anonymous who posted 'It shows the flaws of socialism' doesn't realize that companies aren't going to leave countries for taxes, because there is still a profit to be had.
    'Euro Zone debt crisis shows socialism overblown' left me shaking my head. Europe isn't socialist, however the rich countries are. The freedoms enjoyed by Americans are limited compared to these left winged socialist countries which allow things such as gay marriage, everywhere. To show where socialism fails you have pointed at non-socialist countries.
    'Socialism hurts the country and individuals' a) Europe isn't a country.
    B) ultimate decision making is in the hands everywhere except for anarchy, and the government in these countries is much more representative of the people thanks to parliamentary systems, and many parties.
    C) You are confusing socialism in Europe with Socialism in mother Russia, prices still are set by competition, however the government does stuff for you, such as providing good free healthcare. The medicare or Obamacare as you have taken to calling it in America isn't good, because to implement something like that you need high taxes.... Which socialism has, problem solved. I don't get why Americans are so scared of taxes when obviously they are there to help them. Except in America where they are there to serve the military.
    'Socialism can only take you so far'
    a) Greece wasn't socialist, as I've had to tell loads of other Americans before. No Socialist country is falling apart. The wealth thing isn't a problem we have to worry about, because we have strong economies, and they stay strong, and we have no dept, high employment rates, etc.

All in all I have seen no good arguments that socialism is bad for Europe, but thanks for playing.

• Not at all.

Europe has generally had more socialist forms of government than the US for a while now, and it has generally worked for them. The current crisis shows some of the flaws in their model, but, oddly enough, their attempts at austerity are only making their problems worse. Moderate socialism (not communism or anything like that) has been generally good for Europe.