Is Society Getting Better (yes) or Worse (no)?

Asked by: Gordy
  • Society has gotten worse

Excluding all world happenings, but what happened to how genuine people used to be back in the 50s and after? It’s all because of social media. People don’t know how to act anymore and these days if anyone dares to look up from their phone and make conversation, they’re afraid they’ll seem insane to others. What happened to younger generations like 16/17 year old actually bonding? What happened to beautiful traditions like a boy actually having courage to talk to a girl wilst actually being sober? What happened to people seeing the genuine side of people? So many good people go unnoticed because they’re not popular and don’t expose themselves on social media. What happened to the music? In my opinion, it just went down from the start of the 2000s. You can’t dance to drum and bass. It’s just a beat. How can you enjoy it? What happened to people enjoying time without their phones. I have to admit even me being on my phone writing all of this is ironic. What happened to society? It’s broken.

• Society has gotten worse

• No more good entertainment and no more sense in the society

Cartoons suck nowadays back then they used to teach us stuff like Arthur or hey Arnold now it's just useless piece of crap. People especially kids are all in their damn phones and don't do any outside activities and be active. Kids want to grow up so damn fast and not actually trying to be kids anymore.

• We are evolving

There has always been bad eg terrorism, murder, poverty and suffering etc. and as the human population increases more of this exists but as the human race evolves morals evolve too and even though there are more bad people there are also more good people and laws put in place to help others and charities proving that people learn from mistakes and it is in the majority of peoples human nature to help and care for others despite cultural differences or different beliefs. I like to stay an optimist and believe world piece will exist some day.

• Yadda Yadda Yadda

It's getting better. S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s

• Society is getting better

Every generation just hates the next generation. We find fault with the upcoming generation solely because they are different and we do not truly understand them. If we look at the parents of the last generation, they would be saying the same thing we are about how television was harmful.

• W s s

S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s ss s ss s s s s s s s s s s s

• Society is getting better

Although there is still much violence and death, our current rate is significantly less than historic times. There is less war, less social upheaval, and less disease all over the world. More people can read, have a healthy diet, and be confident that when they wake up their government won't have fallen into anarchy. We're still a long way from ideal, but simply looking at how much the life expectancy of advanced societies has increased should help reinforce this understanding.

• Society is getting worse

As a 15 year old who was raised by parents who taught me how to be considerate, use manners, and care about things bigger than you, I can tell you that so many people in my generation are a lot less genuine than a person from the older generations. So many people care about how One direction is doing without a singer while there are riots and shootings happening every day. Nobody has any feeling of sorrow or sadness when they see that a shooting has happened on the news. Nobody cares anymore. It's like "oh, another shooting. That's normal." and things like that should never be "normal." I just think people raised in the 80s and older are so much more genuine than any person of my generation will be.

• Society is falling apart.

People lack morals. In today's society there are a lot of great things; equal rights, higher education opportunities, more jobs and more fun to be had. What people overlook is the lack of morals. Our society doesn't value a life. Our society doesn't care about family, or privacy, or even self respect. There a handful of families across our nation that possess a sense of love, but the vast majority of our world doesn't care about anything ethical. We value a status on Twitter more than we value a long talk with out companions. It is disgusting.

• The Opinion Era.

Today we justify our negative attitudes based on the simple fact that every argument has two sides but we deal with every argument in the most negative and nonconstructive way possible These contrasting opinions escalate to the point where the issue hasn't determined any solutions but merely fuels hatred and animosity towards differing perspective. When we we realise out "Actions" matter not our "opinions".

• AI is the only chance of getting utopia.

Yes it is true that war casualties as come down drastically. Famine is on a decline. People have better live style than the previous generation. But that is due only because of advance in technology. Technology as improve our live. But when it come to human behaviour toward each other, we are no better. Talk to a stranger for 5 minutes; he's a good person. Spend a week with that person and you will see his true nature, (Selfishness, lack empathy) come out.

• We are circling the drain. We need a second coming, we literally need a miracle to save our species.

Science has disproved much of the content within the bible and many other religions and rightly so. With this we are losing all morals and principles. The bible imprisoned people by fear in order to follow these principles. But they were good rules, such as the ten commandments. The bible was manipulated by the corrupt roman council and used as a method to control human animal instincts. With the takeover of science people have become apathetic and lack purpose as science teaches us that our only purpose is to reproduce and pass on our genetics. Fortunately, there is a solution to this. Go to truthcontest,com and read "the Present". It could turn this world right side up if it reaches enough people. We need to evolve past animal instincts ASAP.

• Society has gotten worse

• Simple truth is covered by complex lie.

People now days think only about money and power. Its not their fault its the way it is. Every thing has a price, so no one see the value of life. People who understand the truth live a simple life. Others are tired with their struggles in life but they never show it. People hide their true life and shows a fantasy one. TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH.

• Society is getting worse

As a 15 year old growing up and being taught all his life to be kind, respectful and have manners, society and the people in it seem a whole lot different then what adults describe when they were kids. My generation rely on technology a lot, such as cell phones, computers, TV, etc. But it seems to me that as I grew and matured I started to recognize that people are vein and self centered. I have been pushed around by society for years because I was a nice person and people took advantage of that. Now that I have eyes I also have been growing a backbone. Everyone was excepted back then but now the only way people like you in my generation is if you're popular, cool and beautiful. Every time I go on Instagram or some form of social media I always see some kind of selfie of a popular girl, social media is a big generator for this to, snap chat, Instagram and many other social medias make people even more vein to the point where they think they can do whatever whenever.

• People suck these days

People are ruder and act dumber
    adults int their 20s and 30s acting like pre teen rich kids
    lack of sensitivity to others, apathy rudeness, mixed with pride and arrogance,and heightened self importance and snobbery, also the internet as well as smartphones and the 99% overuse of these annoying devices in all public places has contributed to judging and dismissing others opinions in a second

• Death, death, and more death

Kids at school as young as 11 get either bullied or start feeling suicidal, and what do the schools do?: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Society is literally trying to end humanity at this point. They always have the excuse 'we didn't know/we weren't informed'. And turns out the victim DID tell them about the issue but then the school tries to cover it up so they won't have to be interrogated or investigated over the incident.