Is Society Getting Better (yes) or Worse (no)?

Asked by: Gordy
  • No more good entertainment and no more sense in the society

Cartoons suck nowadays back then they used to teach us stuff like Arthur or hey Arnold now it's just useless piece of crap. People especially kids are all in their damn phones and don't do any outside activities and be active. Kids want to grow up so damn fast and not actually trying to be kids anymore.

• We are evolving

There has always been bad eg terrorism, murder, poverty and suffering etc. and as the human population increases more of this exists but as the human race evolves morals evolve too and even though there are more bad people there are also more good people and laws put in place to help others and charities proving that people learn from mistakes and it is in the majority of peoples human nature to help and care for others despite cultural differences or different beliefs. I like to stay an optimist and believe world piece will exist some day.

• Yadda Yadda Yadda

It's getting better. S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s

• Society is getting better

Every generation just hates the next generation. We find fault with the upcoming generation solely because they are different and we do not truly understand them. If we look at the parents of the last generation, they would be saying the same thing we are about how television was harmful.

• W s s

S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s ss s ss s s s s s s s s s s s

• Society is getting better

Although there is still much violence and death, our current rate is significantly less than historic times. There is less war, less social upheaval, and less disease all over the world. More people can read, have a healthy diet, and be confident that when they wake up their government won't have fallen into anarchy. We're still a long way from ideal, but simply looking at how much the life expectancy of advanced societies has increased should help reinforce this understanding.

• Society is getting worse

As a 15 year old who was raised by parents who taught me how to be considerate, use manners, and care about things bigger than you, I can tell you that so many people in my generation are a lot less genuine than a person from the older generations. So many people care about how One direction is doing without a singer while there are riots and shootings happening every day. Nobody has any feeling of sorrow or sadness when they see that a shooting has happened on the news. Nobody cares anymore. It's like "oh, another shooting. That's normal." and things like that should never be "normal." I just think people raised in the 80s and older are so much more genuine than any person of my generation will be.

• Society is falling apart.

People lack morals. In today's society there are a lot of great things; equal rights, higher education opportunities, more jobs and more fun to be had. What people overlook is the lack of morals. Our society doesn't value a life. Our society doesn't care about family, or privacy, or even self respect. There a handful of families across our nation that possess a sense of love, but the vast majority of our world doesn't care about anything ethical. We value a status on Twitter more than we value a long talk with out companions. It is disgusting.

• Society is getting worse

As a 15 year old growing up and being taught all his life to be kind, respectful and have manners, society and the people in it seem a whole lot different then what adults describe when they were kids. My generation rely on technology a lot, such as cell phones, computers, TV, etc. But it seems to me that as I grew and matured I started to recognize that people are vein and self centered. I have been pushed around by society for years because I was a nice person and people took advantage of that. Now that I have eyes I also have been growing a backbone. Everyone was excepted back then but now the only way people like you in my generation is if you're popular, cool and beautiful. Every time I go on Instagram or some form of social media I always see some kind of selfie of a popular girl, social media is a big generator for this to, snap chat, Instagram and many other social medias make people even more vein to the point where they think they can do whatever whenever.

• People suck these days

People are ruder and act dumber
    adults int their 20s and 30s acting like pre teen rich kids
    lack of sensitivity to others, apathy rudeness, mixed with pride and arrogance,and heightened self importance and snobbery, also the internet as well as smartphones and the 99% overuse of these annoying devices in all public places has contributed to judging and dismissing others opinions in a second

• Death, death, and more death

Kids at school as young as 11 get either bullied or start feeling suicidal, and what do the schools do?: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Society is literally trying to end humanity at this point. They always have the excuse 'we didn't know/we weren't informed'. And turns out the victim DID tell them about the issue but then the school tries to cover it up so they won't have to be interrogated or investigated over the incident.

• Death, death, and more death

• Every generation complains about the current newer one YES> However or morality, principles continue to slide.

Their is a "Bell Curve" however its sliding into the gutter. The shit thats considered acceptable these days, the music, the language, the manners, the dress, the behavior the crime. Talk to any cop or teacher, they have their finger on the pulse. Ask them. Not some fluffed up BS liberal everything is free bullshit. Ask the troops on the ground.

• Society is getting worse

The society is getting worse. There's been too many shootings and mass murders, strangers are just rude and selfish, people don't cares but others as much, people today are too negative and mean, too much hatred and cruelty, technology addiction, police brutality, less manners, parents nowadays spoil their kids too much, teens on drugs, overuse on technology, people paying more attention to technology than other people, Trump being the president and younger generations have no respect to the elders. People nowadays turned further away from God and becomes more sinful. I hope this doesn't happen, where I'm too afraid to go outside my house because the society is too dangerous. I am praying to God and I wish everything can just get along and stop this hatred.

• To Much Hate!

People can't debate anything anymore. If you don't agree with them then you are part of the problem. Society as a whole is more violent now then it was 20 years ago. Seems the solution to something you don't agree with is harsh words and worse yet violent outbursts to vandalism. Just look at the news it has all the backing on my statement.

• Society is getting much worse

The reason why I think society is getting worse is because of the all the stuff going on like with the presidential election. And the teen age kids and with all the stupid drugs. All of the technology because people don't know how to talk to each other and they never go outside.