• Women deal with a lot of things they don't complain about.

In addition to all the other comments, there is the issue of how much harassment women put up with from men on a daily basis. It is impossible to go anywhere without getting ogled, honked at and otherwise undressed with the eyes of men. To a lot of women, it is highly embarrassing and uncomfortable. Yet women can't complain about it, because they are met with "don't you take that as a compliment?" In addition, society teaches women to judge other women VERY harshly. And it is utterly automatic and engrained to react to other women that way. There's that saying that women don't dress for men, they dress for other women. For women, a common issue they speak of is the fact that they hear they "intimidate" men, because they can take care of themselves. Too many men say "It's my job to take care of a woman." Yes, men may feel that way, but many men should possibly progress further and accept that there is nothing wrong with having a partner that is equally as successful in a monetary sense.

• Society is harder, words of encourgement for women

Although there may be pressing issues on men, women have it far extreme. We are expected to compete in a world with double standards, less rights, biased beliefs, and more. I'm in debate and guys underestimate me because I'm a attractive girl. However, I prove them wrong every time. Women are expected to always look beautiful, restrict their words, succumb to men's criticism, play the mother role in family, and find a husband. The time has come for women to step up and own their own power. Be fearless, fight for what you believe in and never let society's view on women stop you from getting what you want out of life.

• Yes, society is harder on women.

Our society is harder on women. There is much more to live up to with someone's appearance, for example. Men are not expected to care as much about how they look (such as their weight, and not wearing makeup), they aren't expected to have as polite of manners, etc. Women are also often expected not only to nurture and raise a family, but also to do housework and work full time. There are exceptions, of course, but these are examples of how women are often expected to live up to a lot of difficult standards.

• We Live In A Sexist Society

Society is much harder on women than on men. Just look at the difference on pay; the glass ceiling still absolutely exists. Plus, with the current drive to restrict reproductive writes, women are having less and less control over their own bodies. There is a long way to go before gender equality is truly realized.

Posted by: rpr
  • American Society Is Harder On Women

Women in America face the great challenge of looking beautiful because American culture is very superficial. If an American woman is ugly then she will feel like she will never succeed. On the contrary, an ugly man can still make a good living but still choose a pretty wife over an ugly one.

On top of that, women must bear children and American society is the worst of modern industrial nations to treat new mothers. In other countries women are given paid leave of absence so they can raise their children in the first few months. In America there are no laws and women must sacrifice their wage to stay at home with their newborns. It forces women to have to neglect their babies to get back to their slave jobs so that they can afford to pay the mortgage. Yet, her job is not over when she leaves the job for the day for her next job of nurturing her baby awaits her as soon as she comes home. Not only is this a physical challenge but worse, it's a psychological burden having to worry about being without her baby while she is being abused by her employer to keep up production or lose her job.

• History is Important

Women got the right to vote in America about 100 years ago. If you think society isn't still feeling the effects of that today, you're not smart. 100 years ago, women weren't considered intellectual equals to men, and for most of America, whether it be conscious or subconscious, people still believe that. It's almost hilarious how masterfully everything is stacked against women. It's depressingly funny. They're valued only for their bodies, they aren't respected as leaders, and have almost zero female role models to look up to. Oh yeah, and none of their pants have pockets on them. Did you know that? None of their pants have pockets on them. I'm not a woman, so as an experiment I decided to look for a single pair of women's pants that had pockets, and I couldn't find one. The reason? Items in pockets ruin a woman's figure. For fuck's sake.

• Women have it harder

Now, this is not a biased opinion, I'm trying to look at both sides of the argument.

Now men, I know you will say "Oh, but we need to be all muscles, thin, tall, strong, etc." But the thing is you actually don't. As a 12 year old girl who is transitioning into a woman, it is a very hard time for me. But I know you might say i do not get the struggles of being a woman. I know that I don't get the full extent of it, but I know what goes on. I get made fun of because I am a little bit chubby by boys, but never by girls. Boys in my school often call all the girls dumb, sluts, whores, bitches, and so on. Even though we are all still virgins. Does he even know the mean of those words? Probably not.

Anyway on to a whole other issue, it's called expectations.
    Men's expectations examples are: tall, thin, muscles, hair, teeth, strong, manly, smart. But pretty much all women and girls that I know want a guy who is nice, smart, honest and loyal. That's it.
    Women's expectation's examples are: thin, tiny waist, big round butt, huge round boobs, long hair, flawless skin, makeup, perfect face, botox, completely hairless, so on. Most men and boys I know want a girl who has all these things. Well, unless you're about 100 kilos you can't have huge boobs, huge ass, tiny waist. And let me tell you, if you think shaving your beard is hard, we have to shave legs, armpits, and down there every second day.

And then there's rape
    And birth.
    And slut shaming.
    And cat calling.
    And abuse.
    And pregnancy.
    And not wanting sex but having to have it because the guy wants it.
    And periods.
    And shaving.
    And makeup.
    And expectations.
    And toilets.
    And pads and tampons.
    And hygeine.
    And weight.
    Honestly the list could go on and on. But men and boys, please remember. When you look at a girl, you never know what she's going through inside her head. She might have her period, she might have been through abuse, she may be being slut shamed, harassed, raped, accidental pregnancy, and so many other things. So when you look at a girl, treat her like she's the most fragile human on earth at that moment.Because she probably feels that way at that moment.

• It's a lot harder

From the moment men are born, all they hear about is how awesome there female peers are. Boys are told there entire lives that their somehow less moral than women. They are told that rape is the result of "toxic masculinity." Courts and colleges ussually side with the woman, and women win most custody battles. Men are more likely to be the victim of all violent crimes besides rape. Men are expected to do the financial heavy lifting despite the bullshit gender pay gap. Men who are abuse victims get laughed at. Men who do not submit to feminism are labeled as sexist. In the end, men have nothing left to do but kill themselves, and a lot do.

• Yes, women definitely have it worse.

Women have to deal with the fact that men will call them a slut if they wear anything like a short dress or skirt because it's maybe their style.
    They have to deal with natural bodily functions, such as periods, pregnancy, and the cramps from period and pregnancy contractions. When a girl asks a guy to get her a tampon or pad, the guy cant even get one without being all grossed out about it. It's not even used yet, dude. Just get one.
    They have high physical beauty standards in today's society. Men expect them to have huge breasts, be very curvy, have a pretty high voice, have super nice, perfect hair etc... There's a higher chance she might get assulted or murdered because men think she's too weak and won't fight back.
    When a women accuses someone of rape, apparently she's trying to get attention. When a man gets raped, it's a huge deal and it's more serious than a woman getting raped. But no, it isn't. Men and women should be viewed equally. If either gender is raped, it is serious and they should find whoever did it as soon as possible before they try it again.
    Women are getting catcalled by men and it's supposedly no big deal, but it makes the girls uncomfortable. If a girl wants to go out alone, she either has to bring a key to hold between her fingers, pepper spray, or anything else, or someone has to go with her.
    Yes, it hurts when a guy gets hit in the reproductive section, but they don't constantly get hit. Women's period cramps and pregnancy cramps are very painful as well, but do you always hear them scream and whine about it? No. They deal with it, since they know they'll get another cramp for about a week every month.
    A woman cannot go out in public shirtless because men think it's gross, so why can men do that? It's also actually more comman that women get cheated on than women cheating on men. Women are more often made fun of if they are lesbians, but when men are gay, people don't really make a huge deal about it.
    And men: All of you can complain all you want, we aren't going to call you a wimp or baby about it, but take note on this. Women have it worse.

• Im a girl and women have to suck it up

I'm a girl 16 years old and I have to hear women complain 24/7 about periods and cramps and boob aches and having to have many different parts of the vagina. And men have it hard too.
    Doing my research and have cg running into this searching if it's "hard for women than men".
    Yes women do have more difficult body part problems being a women myself to know that.
    Yes women are judge by every step they make out side of the world having to teach and show other younger people what to do.
    Yes women have this and have that.

BUT guess what?? I'm a women and sometimes wish I were to be a man, but I do want to be a women but I don't complain cause YOU ARE a women YOU HAVE TO SUCK IT UP. So please stop cause theres nothing you can do about it.
    GO ahead feminist shoot at me bitches!

• Men have it harder than women

Here is a woman's perspective:
    Yes, women have to Go through birth and periods but men also have body features that can hurt too, such as being hit in the genitals... Men may be able to uncover their chest while women may not but that is because women have reproductive parts on her chest, men don't. Women can call rape on a man but men have to call unwanted or forced penetration on women? So a man can't even really call unwanted sex, rape. But when men stand up and do call rape, no one listens because "men like it anyways". Men have unwanted sex just as much as women. Women cheat on men just as much as men cheat on women, women just lie about it better. Men have higher suicide rates than women because the stereotype for men is to be strong and if they are to complain or reveal their emotions, they are classified as a wimp. Women have horrible jobs at looking after kids and doing house work, while men are in the army fighting for their country and their family not knowing whether they shall be shot today, or exploded tomorrow, while their wives go off and cheat on them too. Men have just as much domestic violence and family violence against them then what women do but men must not complain otherwise they shall be a wimp. If a fat lady asks a man out and the man says "I prefer thinner women", society calls him a pig and whatnot. .. If a short man asks a woman out and the woman says "I prefer taller men", society says that's okay, then if the man gets hurt from being turned down, he gets picked on. This is stupid because it's impossible to gain height but possible to lose weight .3% of women will have eating disorders to look beautiful for society when 4-6% of men will use steroids to look beautiful for society. There are over double the amount of women enrolled in college or university than men. There are over triple the amount of homeless and unsheltered men than women. Maybe this could be because women divorce the man, take half or more of his money and belongings, get a restraining order against him, take the man's child and still demand child support. There are over 500+ gender specific shelters for women and only 12 for men. There are many more female help lines and clinics than there are for men. Men face a harsher punishment than women for the same crime. I have heard too many women say men can't cook or clean, all they want is sex etc... But if a man was to say a woman can't work and has to stay home, there is a big brawl about it. Society says men have to make the first move on women or ask them out, which is tough for them because if they face rejection, they also face bullying.

• Men have it harder than women

Here is a woman's perspective:

• Men have it harder than women

Here is a woman's perspective:

• God i am so glad to say that i think men have it just as bad

A man can get raped or beaten by a women and society just laughs at him and also if a woman hits a man he is expected to just sit there and take it but if the man so much as lays a hand on her she can ruin his life. And yes there is pregnancy and periods to deal with but i think that men have it bad because men cant be weak and if a man is short he cant get a girlfriend like 5'11 and under and if the guy doesn't have a chisled jaw and rock hard abs and nice hair and a good smell he will be lonely for life and if the man is a house husband he is considered a lazy slob and in most divorces men lose custody and then they cant see their kids which in turn leads to the much higher amount of suicides. Also women sometimes feel its unfair to have to wear make up but think about this if a girl has a pimple or something she can fix it with makeup but we as men dont have that option and if a women is a lesbian no one makes fun of her but if a man is gay he gets made fun of all time which is another reason why there are so many suicides and last but not least, women live longer which in my eyes is quite a nice bonus

• Different expectations but all in all I would say men may have it harder than women.

Since the discussion is SOCIETY men are way more likely to be improsoned than women. That proves that society is harder on men. And I won't hear the BS that men commit more crime. They do it because they have to have more money to support their family which society expects of them and they can't find a suitable woman without. I'm not justifying the crime I'm just saying that it is all society's fault that the crimes occurs. Secondly sexism towards men isn't recognized. Sexism towards women has an entire movement with government funding to protect them. Much of domestic violence is against men but feminists ignore it so the men suffer. Men commit suicide way more and are 77% of the homocide victims. When they are raped they are totally ignored. Women at least get taken seriously. Another thing is that men have no safety nets. If a man fails economically he's homeless-- hence why most of the homeless people are men. If a woman fails economically she can just become a housewife. Or go to a woman's shelter. People are also more sympathetic to women. Women can be much crazier than men and get away with it too. The courts sentence them way less than men. Sure they get catcalled and harassed and even raped. But all of these things happen to men on a much larger scale and they just aren't taken seriously. So I would argue that society is MUCH harder on men than women.

• No, it's equal really.

Yes, as a woman myself I have to deal with periods and all that stuff, but we as a society forget what men go through. Yes, a man will never know what it's like to give birth, but a woman will never understand what it's like to be kicked in the balls. Statistically men get raped A LOT more than women. And when they try to tell people about it they get laughed at. Men feel pressured to keep all their feelings cooped up because they don't want to let down that facade. A woman can punch a man and the man will get laughed at, the woman will receive "you go girl's" as she does it. But if a man so much as touches a woman, it's either sexual harassment or women beating. It's like people have never heard of a man cooking, cleaning ,spending time with the kids before. Because "that's the kind of thing women do" there are such things as single dads too. Yes, in some other countries it's arguable women may go through a lot more, but certainly not in the western world, where sexism is much more subtle and is aimed towards BOTH GENDERS.
    In conclusion, women need to realise that men go through as much crap as us, but it's usually ignored because "men are tough enough to deal with it"

(Men also get bullied and pressured for their appearance ladies! You don't have to fuss over makeup, you don't have to have children, you don't have to spend hours in the bathroom getting ready, you don't have to wear Gucci and Prada. All your "problems" sound a little petty don't you think?)

• Pretty equal in my humble opinion.

Women are indeed asked to hold themselves to a higher degree of beauty, etiquette and caring for the house/baby. However, men are to a lesser degree expected to keep themselves respectable; just watch a fat, skinny, ugly, poorly dressed etc person around other men. Futhermore, men are expected to be successful. Men have to be confident decision makers usually, and so are generally uncomfortable asking for help. Speaking of help there is very little media to help a man with his masculinity or just life, while the amount of women's help seminars etc are exploding. There are more things for both sides, but I think the fact that men die sooner and are more likely to commit suicide, nearly 4 times as likely (https://www.Afsp.Org/understanding-suicide/facts-and-figures), speaks to the amount of stress that they deal with. To reiterate I think the sides are pretty equal.

• This is off topic but I don't care.

I'm in the middle. Just clearing that one up.
    Firstly, looks; many women are mocked because of their looks and judged upon them, being a teenager I do not have much experience in the world but I am old enough to say that most women get treated differently based on their looks. If they are an attractive female then the opposite gender and homosexual females aswell as closed minded people will have more patients with them. If an "unattractive" female is speaking they will not have as much patients. Not to mention that the attractive female will always be of dominance of conversation. (Ooooh I'm using posh language here, why did I not write like this for my English exam?!) men are also judged the same way. (But less harshly.) so, I would like to say, can society stop judging people off looks. As the saying states: "Don't judge a book by its cover." I would like to say that there is a lot more beyond the surface of a human and many fail to look past that. So in the future. Don't judge a female or male by their face.

• I don't think so

Men are more likely to kill themselves.
    Men are less likely to gain custody of their children.
    Men get more prison time than women for the same crime.
    Men are much more likely to die from workplace related injuries.
    Let's also not forget the complete erasure of male rape victims.
    There are many more things I could list for men, and there are many things I could list for women. Men and women face lots of different issues in society, and I see no reason to think that women are far worse off.

• Of course, women have it harder...

If you only look at things from the perspective of women. If you take time to consider the number of pressures put on males, however, you'll see that there are quite a few, e.G, good job, good looks, money on hand to pay for whatever the girl is entitled to by society, etc...