Is SOPA/PIPA a good thing (yes) or a bad thing (no)?

• Yes, SOPA/PIPA is a good thing.

Yes, i believe that SOPA/PIPA is a good thing. It is something that can help prevent people from downloading movies and music from online torrent sites. I think that illegal downloading is something people should not support. I think that it is definitely something that should be regulated and outlawed.

• SOPA/PIPA is a good thing.

SOPA/PIPA is a good thing. SOPA stands for Stop Online Piracy Act. It is a piece of legislation which strives to combat the illegal reproduction of copyrighted material by websites on the Internet. Piracy is a major problem for industries that produce movies, or music. Piracy on the Internet is very common and the government should combat this activity as best they can.

• Yes, I think SOPA/PIPA are a good thing.

Overall I do believe there needs to be some sensible regulations to try to stop the out of control thief that is occurring of copyrighted work over the Internet, I believe that these measures may push for too much and should be modified to be more sense but I believe they are a step in the right direction.

• SOPA/PIPA inhibit innovation and collaboration

SOPA/PIPA both inhibit the free-flow of information that the internet is famous for. SOPA/PIPA would restrict the rights of many individuals and internet companies from distributing content. While on paper the legislation looks innocent and harmless by "stopping piracy" and "protecting ip" addresses, the legislation would be an easy way for a government to stop certain types of information to be found, spread, and read by its constituents.