• State your name cuz

State your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuz state your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuz

• Many arguments why it is bad.

Firstly, health reasons. Besides eye problems resulting from staring at the screen such a close distance from your face, other health problems can arise from too much body inactivity when sitting in front of the computer for too long. Backaches are just the start. People absorbed in their computer tend to neglect basic physical activities, i.e. instead of walking to the person in the other room, one simply sends an email/online chat message. This leads to a decline in health over prolonged time periods. Furthermore, ailments like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and RSI arise from too much wrist movements from excessive typing.

Obviously, we must not neglect our mental health. Cyber addiction can often occur if one spends too much time on the computer. Cyber addiction leads to other mental problems, hallucination, depression and others.

Spending too much time on the computer can also dull our cognitive abilities. Spending too much time on the computer may lead to decrease in concentration and focus when doing work off the computer. Shorter attention span and easily distracted are other traits that are common of people who spend too much time on the computer.

While it cannot be denied that computers do have their benefits, the key is to use the computer in moderation.

• It's bad for your eyes

Its bad for your eyes. Believe me I used to have 20/10 no I have 20/50. Only go on it once in a while. I used to go on it 10 hours straight when I was 10. Don't make my mistake. If you want to play on the computer go ahead, but don't come crying when you have to get glasses or contacts.

• Death after playing Diablo 3.

Yes it is, the worst is it can kill you A teenager died at an Internet cafe in Taiwan after reportedly playing the video game "Diablo 3" for 40 hours straight.

The 18-year-old, who has only been identified by his first name, Chuang, had booked a private room at the Tainan cafe in southern Taiwan on the afternoon of July 13, according to the Australian, which cited the United Daily News broadsheet. Chuang then proceeded to play the video game for 40 hours straight without eating.

On July 15, an attendant went into the room where Chuang had been playing and found the teen resting on the table, according to the Australian. The attendant was able to wake Chuang, who stood up, took a few steps and then collapsed onto the ground. He was pronounced dead soon after arriving at the hospital.

According to the Mirror, authorities believe the teenager may have suffered a blood clot due to sitting for such a long period of time.

Blizzard, the developer of "Diablo 3," released the following statement, obtained by the Mirror and other news outlets, regarding the teen's death:

We're saddened to hear this news, and our thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time. We don't feel it would be appropriate for us to comment further without knowing all of the circumstances involved. While we recognize that it's ultimately up to each individual or their parent or guardian to determine playing habits, we feel that moderation is clearly important, and that a person's day-to-day life should take precedence over any form of entertainment.

• Yes.

I, my self has been on the computer for a long time and it gives me a headache. It can also give you eye-damage, you can become addicted to the internet. Having or doing 'too much' of anything is bad. Think about eating; if you eat too much pizza for example you get fat. Being fat isn't very healthy. Doing too much sport can make you ill. Doing TOO MUCH of anything is bad.

• Yes.

I spend too much time on my computer, and now I'm addicted. I'm neglecting my school work because of it too. My friends are trying to help me, but you can see how that's going...

• Yes, spending too much time on your computer can be bad.

I think that spending too much time on your computer can be bad because it can affect your health. It can cause eye damage, carpal tunnel, and can also cause headaches because of needing to focus on the computer all day. A person that is on the computer all the time should see a doctor about their eyesight, headaches, and carpal tunnel if they are experiencing any of these.

Posted by: SeriousNestor34
  • Doing too much of anything is bad, even if it's for work, or something you enjoy.

Doing too much of anything is always bad. On the computer, spending too much time means your eyes may fatigue and develop dryness, and your physical shape may deteriorate, due to lack of exercise and movement. It's ok to use the computer for extended periods of times, but one should also get around and move about in between periods of use.

Posted by: TickoNest
  • Spending too much time on the computer is bad, by definition.

Of course, spending too much time on the computer is bad. Too much water is bad, too much pizza is bad, and too much of anything is bad. That's precisely what "too much" is. "Too much" is that very quantity which is excessive.

Posted by: LudicrousJosh83
  • Yes, because too much time on computers means too little time with friends and family.

Too much time addicted to video games or Internet browsing means less time socializing in the real world. For example, one of my neighbors demands to play with my son in Modern Warfare 2 every night from 11-3, and gets angry if my son does not log in at that time. He has been married for only a year, and it is my belief that that marriage will not last long with this type of behavior.

Posted by: Random59387
  • I disagree that spending too much time on your computer is bad. You may have a job on the computer.

I disagree with the statement that spending too much time on your computer is bad. I myself tend to spend to much time on the computer, but I believe that if you find yourself doing something good on it, like gaining skills, then you are doing something important. For one, the computer has many areas of places that you can enjoy doing. Such as watching movies, reading books, looking at tutorials. I do a lot of researching on the computer for school and believe that it helps a lot.

Posted by: SIiPkOdeII
  • HELL NO!!

Spending to much time on the computer is not BAD!!! You only have a short time to live so why not just have fun!!! i mean really..... something that people are spending to much time on is cleaning their house, or washing their car.... that is not the purpose of life. life is short, try to have fun

• Spending too much time on your computer is not bad, because it is a gateway to a vast source of knowledge.

Technology is always changing and evolving at an extremely fast rate. Being on the computer is being a part of this. It allows us to evolve technologically, allowing us to innovate changes for our future. Some of the smartest people I know are on the computer all the time.

Posted by: AnnoyedDong77
  • It's Not

I spend a good 75% of my day on the computer. If I'm not doing homework I'm playing videogames or watching Youtube. I have above perfect vision(20/19). I'm almost never sick. I'm a reasonably fit person. And I have friends both in real life and on-line. I'm not saying that being on the computer is the reason for all of these things, but it certainly hasn't stopped me from being perfectly healthy both physically and socially. One definite benefit of being on the computer though is answering any question that pops in your head. I often spend hours thinking of questions, answering them, and having more questions arise from the answers I found.

• How can you say it is not

You say that it limits actions in the real world, but what if that is exactly what the person wants. I feel negleted in real life, and the internet is the one place where I feel appreciated, weather it be for knowledge, or gaming skills. I just feel that if someone wants to grow up and have online friends, instead of real life friends (which are harder to maintain, and can turn on you at any moment), then that is their opinion on how they want to live their life, you cannot tell people to change their lives because you think what they are doing is wrong, and if they are happy, you should be too.

• Computers Can Help You In Many Ways.

Computers can help you in school, keep in contact with friends and family, and it is a good source of entertainment. It also lets you learn many things in life too. Personally My family Lives Far And my dad is deployed. I can use skype to see him and others whenever i want. so Computers are good in many ways.

• a

I spend a good 75% of my day on the computer. If I'm not doing homework I'm playing video games or watching YouTube. I have above perfect vision (20/19). I'm almost never sick. I'm a reasonably fit person. And I have friends both in real life and on-line. I'm not saying that being on the computer is the reason for all of these things, but it certainly hasn't stopped me from being perfectly healthy both physically and socially. One definite benefit of being on the computer though is answering any question that pops in your head. I often spend hours thinking of questions, answering them, and having more questions arise from the answers I found.

• Not True

I know some parents just say 2 hours a day and that's it. But most of them think of the computer the same way as the TV, but that's not true, with the computer you can do much more than just watch videos, you can play games, chat with your friends, make lists, and so much more. Besides, some people like those who work in offices have to be on for more than 2, yet they are perfectly fine.

• There's a third column missing; it's called "Don't over-generalize!"

Let me tell you my story. For the past ten years (which is about a third of my current life span) and even longer, I've spent an average of 60 to 80% of my time per day in front of computers. Mainly, for two reasons - affinity and earning money. I'm not playing any games (who has time for that?) and I'm not using it as a TV substitute.
    That being said, I want to tell you how I'm doing today.
    - above perfect vision
    - not overweight
    - no back pain whatsoever
    - integrated in a strong social network that I can rely on offline

Granted, a couple of years ago, I started having trouble with my right hand's carpal tunnel. Ever since, I'm using my mouse with my left hand only. Works like a charm and has the advantages of training the left hand's sensitiveness and having the strong hand available at the keyboard all the time. But that really is just a side note.

I am quite aware that one might easily call me the exception to the rule. But I want you all to realize also, that you can't just keep on thinking in terms of black and white! Some people can deal with spending hours and hours again in front of a computer, while others can't. And that's fine. Probably, the majority of people is somewhere in-between.
    Everybody has to find out for themselves. There are so many factors involved (e.g. what is it that you do on your computer? Are you trying to keep your life in balance (work-out???)? And simple things like - are you using monitors that are like 15 years old?). So, you can't just break it down to yes or no.

Personally, I am trying to keep in shape. You know, like using the bike to get to work, doing some cardio once or twice a week. Things like that. Certainly not a magic bullet, but again, these are individual things. Everyone has to find out for themselves.

Cheers,
    Lars

• NO, spending too much time on the computer is not bad.

I don't believe with what others have to say. Going on the computer is good because you can burn calories I heard. And the computer is fun :D And I don't believe that you can get fat and lazy off of the computer, Plus I have high metabolism :D And I'm glad I do. :) I don't play 40 or 50 hours straight on the computer. Sometimes, I take a break on the computer.

Anonymous says2013-03-20T16:11:08.793
I agree with all this people that think that videos games are harmful
Anonymous says2013-05-07T11:33:24.223
Its not harmful
Quan says2013-06-11T05:18:54.277
It can have physical consequences in the form of weight gain, back problems, carpal tunnel, etc. If you aren't careful. But being on a computer is not inherently bad. My parents never liked me being on the computer so much, but it put me miles ahead of the other students in the field, and I went on to get both a degree and a career in software engineering. Virtually everyone can benefit from improving their computer skills.