• State your name cuz

State your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuz state your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuzstate your opinion cuz

• Too much is bad for the eyes sight.

People can be on the computer all day and think that it is not bad or it is not affecting them in some sort of way, but it is! Speaking from personal experience I spend way too much time on the computer at home and at school doing homework and class work assignments and it is a constant everyday need for me to have with me because it is required by the teachers and school principle. Now that the computer is basically my everyday need I have gotten less sleep and my eye sight is starting to get worse. I barely have any interactions with my younger sisters anymore because of this, I barely even smile now! I just think it is bad for us IF you spend TOO MUCH TIME on the computer like me.

• Yes, being on the computer is bad.

Staying on the computer for too long is bad for you. Trust me, I'm in love with my computer. And guess what? I needed glasses because of it. I don't know why people said staying on the computer is good. Well, if you're gonna keep playing, dont come crying to me that you're wearin' glasses.

• Yes it is

Well its bad because it can get ride of your creativity yes i know im 13 but i have seen my friends get hurt from it my best friend got sent to The hosbitle because of it she was texting and she walked right into ongoing traffic because of it so yes i do believe you need to put you technology away and pay attention every once and a while.

• Why should you care?

It is their life, they are living,it why should you care unless it is something like addiction to smoking, alcohol and drugs. Just trying to get more words so i can post it. Illuminati they're coming. You can capture our heart beats but not our souls. We shall e free!

• Why should you care?

• Why should you care?

• It is bad

Bcuz it is //////////////////////// /v / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / // /

• Yes iT IS

Your suppose to fuck a bitch because if you dont you need to eat a nother burger and you dont want to go threw that feeling whooo wee. Guess what happend today i ate a hamburger and i see that my computer ate the rest of y hamburger so i smashed my computer up like a baush.

• Spending too much time on computer is bad

I agree that using computer to do homework or learn new things is good. However, spending too much time is not good especially to children. There are many inappropriate contents in the internet. Children are easily affected by them. It is also bad for our eyes.
    Some people spend too much time on playing games on internet. Some of them seem destined to suffer some of the negative effects of video games overuse.

• Computer is not bad, but spending too much is.

Spending TOO much time on the computer is bad. The point is though, I have seen many of these posts talk about how it has not affected their lives, but then you wonder something, it has not affected your life YET. When someone takes drugs at first, they think it is not too bad, everything is fine and it is fun to do. But after three years of doing it, you begin to find out that you made a un-changeable mistake. Same with computer, and you may think everything is fine but if you look closely at yourself you may actually notice that it is ruining your life. Spending too much time on the computer is a very slow process, it sneaks up on you slowly and you get use to the affects it has on you but if you compare yourself to when you first began, you will be shocked.

• No it's not

I have seen many people and kids in front of the computer and nothing bad has happened to them. Even my dad says that it's alright for me siting in front of the computer. But my mum says that me siting in front of a computer is bad. But nothing is happening to me!

• No, computers are my career and hobbies and to a lot others too.

Though I have other hobbies such as karate and boxing, 75% of my time I spend on computers, programming, researching and problem solving. It is not bad to spend much time on computers as long as it does not take over your life to the point that nothing outside it is important to you, not to just sit on computers for weeks. At least, when you work all day on computers, take a walk, visit the park, go bowling, visit friends. I believe everything should be done in its right time, even though Internet has brought a whole new world, human interaction are very important.

• Computers Are Good

I think computers are good. They promote imagination in some cases, and wake the brain up. I don't see why everyone hates them, adults just don't understand because they didn't grow up with them like the 21st generation did. I am proud to use the computer because it shows that my own kin made something as cool as this.

• No it does not

No conclusively, and uniquely harmful effects.

90% of the arguments made on the Yes side are that it is bad for you because it can cause eye strain which may lead to seeing difficulties in the long run, and something regarding "Enough" exercise. I do not see how eye strain can even be used as a harmful effect considering everything you do could cause the exact same problems, you NEVER see people complaining that reading is bad for you because it does the exact same to your eyes minus the background light... Never-mind with the introduction of various types of E-Readers they are exactly as harmful so how can you argue one but not the other? And when it comes to exercise I just laugh, these people sit there on their computer saying that too much computer is bad because you won't exercise, please tell me how others who do not use the computer as heavily spend their time, because I can fairly safely presume that it is not spent in the Gym or on a Walk/Run. Also, in no way shape or form is this question asking if spending 40 FREAKING hours on the computer is bad for you, obviously if you do anything for 40 hours it would not be very good for you but how can you take it to such an extreme. This question is asking for the general public maybe even up to a good 10 hours on any given day. Can anyone tell me, conclusively that they live a better life than I because of my time spent on my computer?

• It is part of today's world.

This world is increasingly dependent on information and it is most easily found and filtered through the computer. There are countless jobs that require the use of a computer. One of my largest personal skills includes 3D digital art. And I am hoping to use this skill in my future as a source of income, so it is necessary for me to use a computer.

• No, it is not harmful.

Many IT guys that I have grown up with and computer professionals said to me it is not bad and the radiation the computer gives off is not as harmful as every day life. Also, yes, your eyes get damaged IF you don't take breaks every hour. The professionals say that you should take a break every hour or so (about 10 to 20 minutes) and walk around, eat, look at a distant corner, or any other thing that you can look at 10+ feet.

-Cole H. Senior High School Student

• No conclusively, and uniquely harmful effects.

90% of the arguments made on the Yes side is that it is bad for you because it can cause I strain which may lead to seeing difficulties in the long run, and something regarding "Enough" exercise. I do not see how eye strain can even be used as a harmful effect considering everything you do could cause the exact same problems, you NEVER see people complaining that reading is bad for you because it does the exact same to your eyes minus the background lig... Never-mind with the introduction of various types of E-Readers they are the exactly as harmful so how can you argue one but not the other. And when it comes to exercise I just laugh, these people sit there on their computer saying that too much computer is bad because you won't exercise, please tell me how others who do not use the computer as heavily spend their time, because I can fairly safely presume that it is not spent in the Gym or on a Walk/Run. Also, in no way shape or form is this question asking if spending 40 FREAKING hours on the computer is bad for you, obviously if you do anything for 40 hours it would not be very good for you but how can you take it to such an extreme. This question is asking for the general public maybe even up to a good 10 hours on any given day. Can anyone tell me, conclusively that they live a better life than I because of my time spent on my computer?

• It does not have that bad of an effect

It is something to do, and it helps people with everything in their lives. I have been doing this for a long time, and haven't noticed a lot of bad things because of it. Although I try to spend time wisely being on the computer. I think the computer has helped me a lot.

• Its about your opinion

Nobody tells you how to live your life - then why should you?
    Its okay to have an opinion about it and it may be that it is bad, but is life not about doing what you enjoy? I myself play a lot of games, and sometimes i get "Why do you not go out and socialize more?" And i do socialize, but where others may enjoy hanging out on a café or something like that, i just like to play games. They say "But thats wrong" and no it is not, thats just their opinion and it does not mean a lot to me. Then there are the health issues.. Well where to start.. Eye damage, loneliness? Pf, you can get eye damage just from looking in the sun as well. You can get injured from all sorts of things, a computer is just another thing.. Added to the millions of things that can also injure you..

Anonymous says2013-03-20T16:11:08.793
I agree with all this people that think that videos games are harmful
Anonymous says2013-05-07T11:33:24.223
Its not harmful
Quan says2013-06-11T05:18:54.277
It can have physical consequences in the form of weight gain, back problems, carpal tunnel, etc. If you aren't careful. But being on a computer is not inherently bad. My parents never liked me being on the computer so much, but it put me miles ahead of the other students in the field, and I went on to get both a degree and a career in software engineering. Virtually everyone can benefit from improving their computer skills.