• Free version vs. Free version

I listen to both, and they are both great, but I give Spotify the edge;
    With Radio, Pandora plays, in general, better and more relevant music than Spotify. The same station on Spotify radio will not play as good as music(for me). However, Spotify has significantly less ads because it is still a private company unlike Pandora which is publicly traded and now subject to greater revenue demands from its investors, hence more ads. Also, any song you like on Spotify automatically goes into a playlist which you can access and customize into even more specific playlists at any time. Quite often while at home, ill just put on that playlist of all songs that I have liked and be very happy. If Pandora had this feature it would be better than Spotify. To often you'll hear a song you like on Pandora and then not be able to hear it for a long time. So overall, SPOTIFY!!!

• I'm not being told what to listen to!

Spotify is for music fans who know what they want to hear. Pandora 'thinks' it knows what you want to hear, but many of times it is way off or it will play imitations of the song by the artist you actually want to hear, not cool. I like that Spotify is more "on demand" and that you have access to almost anything at anytime, without the ads or skip limits (I pay for mine). You hear a new song on the radio? Chances are Spotify already has the entire album available for streaming as they have record deals with most labels. You can't complain about the free service because if you can afford a few cups of Starbucks, you certainly can afford a Spotify membership to listen to the music you love and build your own playlists!

• Music Genome Project

While Spotify lets you pick specific songs, this can mean that you only listen to the songs you know of, and not new songs. Also, this can be time-consuming. Additionally, while Spotify has a radio feature, it's not great. The songs they string together seem disjointed and unconnected. Pandora, however, doesn't have these problems. Their radio service is great because all you have to do is pick a station and then it gives you music non-stop (excluding the ads, which Spotify has also). In addition, their radio feature is awesome for discovering new music. The songs they pick for you are all similar and in the right genre, so you'll almost always get music you like.

• Much More Music!

Spotify has 20x more songs than Pandora's selection, and Spotify's free search-and-listen capability is incredibly useful. Much of what used to make Pandora great is now also in Spotify, such as thumbs up/down for radios, the listening restrictions have been removed, and much more. Spotify is far greater than Pandora.

• Free Spotify Wins

Ok, I'd like to start by saying I don't think spotify premium is worth $10 a month, but free spotify is amazing. People say free spotify is just like youtube, but I disaggre. I can shuffle through playlists I've made or listen to specific songs. There are FAR less ads than youtube, and in addition it goes straight from one song to another, unline youtube, so you can be doing something else and listen to music without having to go to youtube and change the song.

Spotify mobile is cool too, and is a bit of a mix between pandora and spotify, not that useful for many people because it can't be download...

The biggest thing about pandora that I hate is that it gives you music you don't want to listen to. Spotify let's you choose what YOU want to listen to.

• Spotlight is Better!

I tried Pandora and it didn't work for me i wanted to listen to Taylor Swift and it put me on a Lady Antebellum song. Spotify lets me listen to whatever song i choose and the artist i want to listen to. You can make your own playlists. To me pandora has too many ads spotify has one once in awhile. I think spotify is better, I can listen to Taylor Swift as much as I want without having to pay to download music thanks spotify you saved me money!! :)

• Spotify is way better

Spotify is like an iTunes with free albums and advertising... And that doesn't even bother people if you just pay $10/month. The added part is that you can control exactly what you want to the album... And if you like Pandora... There is a radio service too. It works like Pandora. So it is the real Pandora Plus

• Way more music

Spotify has WAY more music than Pandora. You don't have to pay anything, unless you want to go mobile with it. Playlists are easier to personalize. Pandora just doesn't off all that Spotify has. I've found songs from the 1930s on Spotify. It's just really way awesome. Pandora isn't that.

• Pandora? Not a Chance!

With Spotify you can also create mulitiple radios off of artist, albums, and songs and create custom playlist that you can also make radios off of. Way better than Pandora. You can also connect to facebook and see what other people are listening to or follow the artist you love to see what they are up to! You can't do that with pandora.

• User friendly interface

It's so simple, everyone can use it how they like, it adapts to you over time, learns what you listen and suggests music you might want to check out. It's playing all the time when my computer is running and my friends enjoy it aswell. One thing I don't like about the standard version is the ads, but even those can be fixed with few tweaks, just search the internet a bit and you'll find something. If you don't wanna bother you can always get the Premium version.

• Much Bigger Music Selection

I used to use Pandora, but when a friend showed me Spotify, I instantly switched over. If I want to find really new music, I use iTunes radio, because I used 1 station on Pandora for about 8 months, and after adding artists and liking and disliking MANY songs, I still was getting really horrible music. Spotify for the win!

• Music Genome Project

Posted by: quwi
  • It's 50 / 50

I use both. Pandora is cloud and mobile, which is smart. But you can't search specific songs, which is dumb. Spotify is more desktop-based, which is dumb (they have a web beta now). The interface is over engineered and clunky. But Spotify is more social-network friendly, which is smart. They both rock and suck.

• Music genome project

This is really all i need to say. Spotify is great for listening to whatever song you want, but at $10/month its kinda meh. I would stick with Pandora simply because its still good if you don't pay and it also lets you discover music you would never know existed if you kept listening to the same stuff on spotify. Pandora is also an overall better radio service.

• Listened to More New Music With Pandora

With Pandora I can create stations on a whim and listen to whatever plays and I have found that more than Spotify I listen to new music not just the same stuff I do. Of course, sometimes I wish I could listen to specific songs and I can control Pandora like that but that is what Youtube is for.

I also pay for Pandora which is cheaper because I pay $36 for a full year of service which averages out to 3 dollars a month which is a third of the price of paying for the premium version of Spotify. So while I like Spotify's ability to control what I want to listen to and the fact that they have 20x the songs I would rather use Pandora and pay than use spotify for free.

• Stations on Pandora are better for variety

Pandora is way better for discovering new music in that you can create several different stations geared to different styles of music and put it on shuffle. Each station will discover new music in the genre by itself based on your thumbs ups/downs. Spotify doesn't let you shuffle stations, which greatly limits the variety that I hear.

• Not for what I use it for

Pandora wins because it's a full blown radio station that has easily the best system for picking tracks. The Music Genome Project works, and it works spectacularly.

I get what Spotify is, but it doesn't do anything youtube doesn't already do for me, and it doesn't fill the role that Pandora fills.

I can pick a song, an artist, or a genre, throw it on Pandora and leave it alone forever and I will still have a genuinely positive experience. I can't say the same for Spotify's radio function.

• Pandora vs Spotify.

Pandora Is a great place to go to, its A radio station, BUT you get to choose by a certain song or artist and it lets you listen to similar artist and Songs!
    But Spotfiy, Is a social Music player, you hook up your facebok and listen to you and your friends music which is Great ! Unless you're like me, I Don't have a facebook, so Spotify is useless cause if i wanted to listen to a specific song i can download it on my phone.

• Used Pandora since 2010!

Pandora is great for discovering new music! Spotify is more for someone who wants to hear a specific song (and i'd rather just use Youtube for that). Other than the rewind feature, I see no reason for downloading Spotify. Pandora is user friendly. A click and go type of deal. Perfect for on-the-go people like myself.

• Pandora is Better

You don't have to pay for Pandora, the music is personalized, you have unlimited hours for music on your mobile as well. Also you can like or dislike the songs you want and they will give you suggestions for what you might like based off of your preferences on your channels.