• Yes, I think "Stand Your Ground" is a valid legal decree.

While the "Stand Your Ground" law is a controversial one I think it is vital to remain a law in the areas where it is in effect, I think that the "Stand Your Ground" law should be expanded to every State, I think it should be your legal right to defend your self with lethal force if you feel like your life is in mortal danger.

• Needs Better Definition

I believe the stand-your-ground laws are very important regarding the use of self defense and we certainly need to keep those laws intact. However, I think we have a few incidents recently where people have tried to justify their actions based on these laws where they shouldn't be justified. For this reason, I think it is important to look over these laws and make sure the definitions used are the definitions we want.

• "Stand Your Ground" is not a valid legal decree.

I honestly do not believe that the "Stand Your Ground" law is valid in any way, shape, or form. I do not believe that it is fair, right, or just that someone can kill an innocent, unarmed person because they claim to feel threatened. In most "Stand Your Ground" cases, we only get to hear one side of the story because the other person was unjustifiably murdered. Some changes need to be made to this law, if not done away with it.

• No, it is not.

In my opinion, Stand Your Ground does nothing but promote excessive violence in the face of a perceived threat, and turns citizens into wannabe vigilante police officers. Contrary to popular belief, America is one of the least violent nations on earth, and we already have police who do their jobs well enough.

• It's harmful and unevenly applied.

Stand Your Ground is a stupid law that should not be allowed. There is no doubt in the mind of any sane person that George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin after stalking him through a neighborhood. The man was never in danger. By contrast, a woman who actually did stand her ground in FL by shooting a weapon in the air to scare away an abusive ex-husband is now serving 25 years in prison. What's the difference? That woman had the audacity to be black.