• It’s for kids

It’s utter crap. I loved it when I was a little kid but when I became an adult I could not watch any of the movies without cringing the whole way through. Dialogue awful, story lines so full of stupidly convenient coincidences. And worst of all, the real killer for me; “the force”. The bloody force, absolute crap. The last film, Rogue One was half decent only because the force was kept to a bare minimum but still it reared it’s horrible head. Star Wars is Harry Potter in space. Harry Potter is also crap and it is also for kids. I hate Star Wars

• It was good in its time, but not anymore

Star wars was revolutionary in its time, and I think it deserved all the praise. And it did earn a lot of fame and money in that time. But today, it is crap. If you say star wars was a good franchise, I will definitely agree. But if you say it IS the best franchise, you are just a blind fan who doesn't want to see anything else. I loved Pokemon franchise, I grew up with it, and I am gonna love it forever, but I will not force it on the next generation. All the people who are trying to force me to watch the old movies, make me only hate those movies

• Yes of course

Today, on the day when people celebrate Star Wars because the date sounds like a lisping version of a quote from the film, I’m just going to come out and say it: no franchise is more overrated than the Star Wars franchise. I know overrated is kind of a shitty word, and I’m not an enormous fan of that concept in general, but I don’t know how else to say it. The ratio of quality Star Wars to the excitement of Star Wars fandom is so out of whack that the only way to express it is ‘overrated.’

The reality here is simply mathematical. Out of six Star Wars films two qualify as good. That leaves four poor-to-terrible movies, an overwhelming majority of the series. If you picked a Star Wars film out of a hat odds are it would be garbage. It’s hard to think of a franchise with the pop culture weight of Star Wars that’s so generally miss rather than hit. Let's put it this way: the Fast and the Furious franchise has a better ratio of good entries to bad entries. A way better ratio.

Star Wars’ enduring popularity really comes down to movies that are well past their 30th anniversaries. There’s a younger fanbase for the new, horrific movies, but that’s a generation raised without much quality pop culture. The Prequels dominate that generation simply through their size; they hit the culture like a Mack truck, and did pretty much the same amount of damage.

• Yes 100%. -

• Star wars is the best!!!

STAR WARS IS THE BEST!!!...It is all i need to say because the movie is so full of action and lightsaber fighting, the coolest ppl and it has all you need in six well now seven movies and all the books that have been written ..So no it is not overrated!!!