• It truly depends on your mindset

The last Jedi seemed to divide the Star Wars fanDM in half. I know a lot of adults that did not like it, and that is because they grew up with episodes 4, 5, and 6. But, kids and some younger adults/teens loved it! The Last Jedi introduced many new things into the Star Wars-verse, such as more force powers, new characters, and new creatures. It can be a lot to grasp for someone who is just used to 4,5,6. And I'm not saying that all adults hate it and all adults love it, i'm saying that I think that is the general reason why people either love it or hate it. I personally thought it was an awesome movie, I love the characters and I am a huge Reylo shipper just like HayMee (the comment above). I love the plot and the development of Reys force powers, and I also liked how Kylo Ren is a complicated villain, he's not 100% bad. I loved seeing all the new things, but all in all, its is a matter of opinion if you love it or hate it.

• Yes it is!

The last jedi was one of my favorite movies! It had so many great moments for a reylo shipper like myself. It had a complex plot, plenty of action, a lot of suspense, and so many classic star wars things all star wars fans know and love. I understand there are those haters out there, and they need to learn that sometimes, you need to sit back, relax, and enjoy a movie.

• I Personally Enjoyed It

To me, the number one question I ask when leaving a movie theater is "did I enjoy the movie?" Not "did it have any allegory?" or "was there any artistic value?" or "was the cast diverse enough". I go to the movie theater to enjoy movies, and I enjoyed the heck out of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

• A poor movie

I was bored by this movie, I am not a huge Star Wars fab, but I was not interested in any of the new characters, there were frequent and glaring plot holes that took the audience out of the action (the OT had plenty of plot holes too but did not ruin the experience as they do here). It felt too long by around 1 hour and the humour mostly fell flat and felt out of place. I genuinely did not enjoy watching this movie, but clearly many people did. Though I regret spending money on this, the divided options/debate is very interesting. Almost like people are watching two very different movies?!