• You got to go

If you have tried everything, drugs, alcohol, staying sober for months, psychiatric help, psychological help, good job, love, medication, spirituality, research, and none of it has worked. You have to go, this society doesn't accept mentally ill people, I cant keep suffering this way, I wont live on disability, or be a burden on my family, what makes it so utterly painful is that I am aware that I am mentally off, and I cant fix it. So I have to go. Its as simple as that. Perhaps well se each other in the next lifetime, I have hope, I believe in reincarnation.

• It has to be a legitimate option

If the pain of living is greater than the benefits life provides, then suicide has to be a viable option. When the choices you make are so messed up and ruin others lives, you have to think that this world would be better without you. My biggest fear is that given I cannot succeed in anything I do, if I tried to commit suicide, I would fail, and in my work I see the consequences of failed suicides....It ain't pretty. This world is a total mess, and I want out, but I have children. The closer my youngest gets to adulthood, the more I think about suicide. I no longer have a purpose, my job sucks, and my health is not the best anyway. I'm not seeing alternatives.

• Sometimes suicide is the answer

If something terrible happened to you but it wasn't your fault (natural disaster or death of a loved one) then I believe you should NOT do it. However, if you are like me and constantly destroying your own life in the most painful ways you can think of. If your entire life is just mistakes and self-destruction, then suicide is not a bad option. I ruin my own life everyday I live. I most likely will kill myself one day. But you should think about people who love you. If you are going to kill yourself, do it so that your body won't be discovered by a loved one. I am only here because I don't want to hurt my family and friends right now. In about 5-10 years or so when I live away from everyone I love...Then I'll do it. I think that's the best way to do it.

• Everyone dies sooner or later. It's just a matter of when.

Its been said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I believe that this is often the case, but not always. Sometimes it's a permanent solution to a permanent problem. I hate to hear about suicide of young people. Lost love, abuse, drugs, etc. 20 years down the road these things may be chapters in an otherwise happy life. On the other hand, those with problems that they have tried to work through for 15, 20, or more years and there is no chance for recovery, then perhaps, on a case by case basis, suicide is an option.

• Sometimes suicide is the only sense of control that a person has left over their own life.

Depression and other sorts of mental illness do have the ability to make a person suffer to a day to day basis, even to the point where they feel little to no enjoyment at all anymore. It's harder for these types of people to make it than the average joe. When their mental health starts to collapse no one comes runnin with the safety net, they come runnin with threats, shut off notices, and repo's. Sad but true. Our current society doesnt just create the mentally ill like dirt, it creates the mentally ill in general. And if that isnt enough they usually make the illness fester with religion, politics and psycho-active drugs. How can a dysfunctional world dictate how a person should end their life? In any rational world or society, the very first suicide would have been a major concern. You ever notice when people kill themselves their loved ones say "I should of done something" but yet when that person was alive all they ever did was treat them like a burden. Yeah. This "life is a precious gift" BS is for the birds. I'll be a suicide some day and I by no means think it's selfish of me, I just know my limits. As for my loved ones, they know my condition and I made the risk clear to my wife when we got together. All hurt after that I sincerely apologize for and thats the sad thing. How much some of us have to endure in this world. Were all mortal and this world will be the death of each of us in one way or another. Its not how you die, its how you lived.

• Yes suicide can be an answer

There are many illness just not worth living for. I have a psychological disorder and there's no point in living honestly. I am one of those "psychos" and honestly you have to have it REAL bad to have suicide the answer. So I don't think it is fair for people to think suicide is selfish. It IS selfish, though, to not let someone finally have peace. Suicide is the person's choice, and you have no right to not let them kill themselves.

• Just tired of feeling alone and being in mental agony

Im 56 years old an only child. I still feel like a child inside always scared and anxiety ridden. In reality im 6ft 5 inches tall and way 285 pounds most people wont make eye contact with me.Just so tired of trying to find trustworthy people. My wife tries to keep any crises from me for fear i might take my own life. Dont know what to do!!!!

• I feel if you leave your life in the same standing, or better, then yes, free yourself of pain.

Many people commit suicide leaving their family in turmoil. Well, yes, their family might be the reason they're leaving, but if it only makes matters worse, it just turns into a selfish act. I think suicidal people (including myself as one) should be able to end the pain, and suffering on their own standards. Once we go looking for help like we get suggested, the gov. puts us in psych hospitals and on involuntary medications, and whats the point? Wasting the states money, your life is still continuing outside, and now everyone gets the persona that youre weak, and selfish. I think my main idea would be, dont leave your job suddenly and on edge, pay your rent (if possible) dont bother your landlord with your issues, dont leave school, or leave people wondering (yet dont say much for fear of getting involuntarily hospitalized), close out your accounts, take care of regrets and grudges with people (dont let "i hate you" be the last words you ever say to someone), pack up your stuff, leave some money for the funeral maybe, and make sure, if possible, that your family is not relying on you for anything, or even wait until your elders pass, dont hurt them as much as youre hurting now. Dont be selfish or "look what you made me do". Thats not the higher path. Leaving money and packing up your stuff and making sure your close relationships know you love them is the right thing to do. Feel better. Its YOUR life.

• We're all going to die anyways.

Telling somebody that it's not their life to take has got to be the most sickening thing I've heard. It's literally their life, to take; or not to take. I find the true selfish people are the ones whom dictate when you should die, or say it's a "cowards way out". Death is something you can never escape, and maybe it's just time for those who successfully commit suicide to go, you wouldn't get angry at someone who had died in a car crash, or had a terminal illness, etc.

• Suicide is okay.

Don't let ignorant people tell you what you can and can't do with your life. However, whatever you do- you have to face the consequences and also not hurt anyone else when you're doing it. I hate when people think it is selfish to suicide.. Um.. It's selfish for you to not let a person finally find peace. You DON'T know what's going on with their life and you NEVER will. There are many illnesses and disease in the world and many terrible problems that is just not worth it. As I said, killing yourself should not be your first option but if you think you are at your wits end then go ahead. I am not someone who can tell you what to do and what you can not do.

• Suicide was and never is the answer

Suicide is illegal. Something might down, but you musn't let this issue take you down with it. You should stand up and fight, and never give up. Even if you have suicidal thoughts, you have to think positive and always remember that suicide will help you end your issue, but it will end everything else as well

• Take it from me

I've tried to commit suicide 5 times now. And well i'm still here for a reason. I know times are hard but things will get better if you just let people in and let them help you. If suicide is the answer, what is the question? Just tell me that.

• Thou shalt not kill. Exodus 20:13

Suicide is just another way to deny God in unbelief. Not that it is going to help much but IT WILL quickly bring you into God's presence so you can discover the veracity of this truth.

"...It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." Hebrews 9:12

Suicide, don't do it. Look to Christ and live.

• Don't go just yet.

As someone who has had experience with depression, cutting, and attempts at suicide, it is a bad decision. If you kill yourself at an early age you will never know what your life has to offer. If you do
    successfully kill yourself, you will hurt more people then you realize. I disagree with people who say
    "you are a coward for committing suicide". They are not cowards, they just can't fight it anymore.
    To those who have attempted, thought about, or successfully killed yourself or know someone who has, you have my deepest sympathy.

• Life is a gift

Life is a gift. You can't enjoy or achieve anything without it. Tough things can happen, but they are temporary. You can always turn your life around. It almost always requires some effort, but the effort that you apply to turn your life around is no-lose effort. Don't toss life aside!

• No Matter What It's Just An Experience

Even if you are suffering you are having a unique experience. Purely unique and purely yours. You can mope and cry about it or you can appreciate the beauty of it. You can appreciate the challenge if it's something you can change. And if you can't then you can make peace with it and appreciate the positives.

• No it isn't

Suicide is never the answer. Your life is not yours to take. By taking your own life you would be cheating death and escaping your pain and suffering that is natural to human beings and other species as well. If your really feeling so depressed and hopeless as to end your life, why not just go to Tibet and decide to live in the wilderness without any laws.

• There is a better way,

We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.

We all love you

• God is the author and perfecter of our faith

Having faith means we understand that God has a plan and a purpose
    for everything. When we cut short our own lives (or the lives of others) we declare God impotent ultimately denying His existence, declare ourselves God thereby commit idolatry. Idolatry is sin. Unrepentant sin results in eternal death.
    This life's momentary struggles are nothing compared to living an eternity without God's grace, love and mercy for all who persevere and overcome.

• Usually not

Suicide is usually never the answer. Unless you are extremely ill and suffering tremendously I would understand why you would consider this. Other than that, suicide is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Not only that, but think about the people who love you. You would be hurting them more than you think. Just remember that we are all here in this world for a purpose.