• You got to go

If you have tried everything, drugs, alcohol, staying sober for months, psychiatric help, psychological help, good job, love, medication, spirituality, research, and none of it has worked. You have to go, this society doesn't accept mentally ill people, I cant keep suffering this way, I wont live on disability, or be a burden on my family, what makes it so utterly painful is that I am aware that I am mentally off, and I cant fix it. So I have to go. Its as simple as that. Perhaps well se each other in the next lifetime, I have hope, I believe in reincarnation.

• Sometimes suicide is the answer

If something terrible happened to you but it wasn't your fault (natural disaster or death of a loved one) then I believe you should NOT do it. However, if you are like me and constantly destroying your own life in the most painful ways you can think of. If your entire life is just mistakes and self-destruction, then suicide is not a bad option. I ruin my own life everyday I live. I most likely will kill myself one day. But you should think about people who love you. If you are going to kill yourself, do it so that your body won't be discovered by a loved one. I am only here because I don't want to hurt my family and friends right now. In about 5-10 years or so when I live away from everyone I love...Then I'll do it. I think that's the best way to do it.

• Everyone dies sooner or later. It's just a matter of when.

Its been said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I believe that this is often the case, but not always. Sometimes it's a permanent solution to a permanent problem. I hate to hear about suicide of young people. Lost love, abuse, drugs, etc. 20 years down the road these things may be chapters in an otherwise happy life. On the other hand, those with problems that they have tried to work through for 15, 20, or more years and there is no chance for recovery, then perhaps, on a case by case basis, suicide is an option.

• Sometimes suicide is the only sense of control that a person has left over their own life.

Depression and other sorts of mental illness do have the ability to make a person suffer to a day to day basis, even to the point where they feel little to no enjoyment at all anymore. It's harder for these types of people to make it than the average joe. When their mental health starts to collapse no one comes runnin with the safety net, they come runnin with threats, shut off notices, and repo's. Sad but true. Our current society doesnt just create the mentally ill like dirt, it creates the mentally ill in general. And if that isnt enough they usually make the illness fester with religion, politics and psycho-active drugs. How can a dysfunctional world dictate how a person should end their life? In any rational world or society, the very first suicide would have been a major concern. You ever notice when people kill themselves their loved ones say "I should of done something" but yet when that person was alive all they ever did was treat them like a burden. Yeah. This "life is a precious gift" BS is for the birds. I'll be a suicide some day and I by no means think it's selfish of me, I just know my limits. As for my loved ones, they know my condition and I made the risk clear to my wife when we got together. All hurt after that I sincerely apologize for and thats the sad thing. How much some of us have to endure in this world. Were all mortal and this world will be the death of each of us in one way or another. Its not how you die, its how you lived.

• Yes suicide can be an answer

There are many illness just not worth living for. I have a psychological disorder and there's no point in living honestly. I am one of those "psychos" and honestly you have to have it REAL bad to have suicide the answer. So I don't think it is fair for people to think suicide is selfish. It IS selfish, though, to not let someone finally have peace. Suicide is the person's choice, and you have no right to not let them kill themselves.

• Just tired of feeling alone and being in mental agony

Im 56 years old an only child. I still feel like a child inside always scared and anxiety ridden. In reality im 6ft 5 inches tall and way 285 pounds most people wont make eye contact with me.Just so tired of trying to find trustworthy people. My wife tries to keep any crises from me for fear i might take my own life. Dont know what to do!!!!

• It has to be a legitimate option

If the pain of living is greater than the benefits life provides, then suicide has to be a viable option. When the choices you make are so messed up and ruin others lives, you have to think that this world would be better without you. My biggest fear is that given I cannot succeed in anything I do, if I tried to commit suicide, I would fail, and in my work I see the consequences of failed suicides....It ain't pretty. This world is a total mess, and I want out, but I have children. The closer my youngest gets to adulthood, the more I think about suicide. I no longer have a purpose, my job sucks, and my health is not the best anyway. I'm not seeing alternatives.

• Pain is Inevitable

Let's face it in life you're going to get hurt if you can't bear those pains suicide is a perfect way to end it. End things on your own terms if life is that hard now what do you think the future will be like? If you're hurting that much just end it.

• Yes it is

When you know that you are looking toward just more and more suffering then death,of course skip the suffering part. I will end up in a wheelchair,with a feeding tube,blind and maybe deaf too,in a nursing home waiting for pneumonia to take me MS so I just want to go while
    I can still do the deed.

• It is a human right.

I have made a horrendous mistake in my life that has inadvertently led to the suicide of the most beautiful human being I have ever met. She was so much to so many, but flaws in my personality led me to hurting her so badly she struggled on for 5 years and then made her decision.

I find the arguments on the right hand side pat, and even a little insulting.

The biggest block I have right now is how my mum will cope with it, but I am a 40 year old man, and if I can keep it together long enough for her to pass and not feel too sad about me, then I will take the option that gives me the only sense of hope for peace.

It is the right of every human to take their own life, and although hard (who said dying was easy) I think there is an honesty and nobility in it.

• Suicide was and never is the answer

Suicide is illegal. Something might down, but you musn't let this issue take you down with it. You should stand up and fight, and never give up. Even if you have suicidal thoughts, you have to think positive and always remember that suicide will help you end your issue, but it will end everything else as well

• Take it from me

I've tried to commit suicide 5 times now. And well i'm still here for a reason. I know times are hard but things will get better if you just let people in and let them help you. If suicide is the answer, what is the question? Just tell me that.

• Thou shalt not kill. Exodus 20:13

Suicide is just another way to deny God in unbelief. Not that it is going to help much but IT WILL quickly bring you into God's presence so you can discover the veracity of this truth.

"...It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." Hebrews 9:12

Suicide, don't do it. Look to Christ and live.

• Bias for yes

Inevitably this website will attract those considering suicide and so the results will strongly bias the yes vote. Whilst I am battling with psychological pain of continuing to live, I take some benefit from the words of Emperor Hirohito when Japan accepted defeat in Ww2 "you need to bear the unbearable and live the unliveable" the japanese found a way. Hopefully you can too even though it seems like you maybe, like me, on a voyage of destruction, there are people that care and love and if you can learn to view things differently, suicide is not the answer

• There is a better way,

We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.

We all love you

• God is the author and perfecter of our faith

Having faith means we understand that God has a plan and a purpose
    for everything. When we cut short our own lives (or the lives of others) we declare God impotent ultimately denying His existence, declare ourselves God thereby commit idolatry. Idolatry is sin. Unrepentant sin results in eternal death.
    This life's momentary struggles are nothing compared to living an eternity without God's grace, love and mercy for all who persevere and overcome.

• I am mircale medic

Is suicide ever the answer. I believe yes if you give it your best shot you were dedicated tried hard and you decided that you want to take your life that’s fine, But i your lazy, addicted to drugs, depending on someone to care for you I think not. You cant skip out because things get hard. Find a new love in your life. Sports, fishing, cooking quit your job for a job you love, marry you spouse, honestly its your choice but you should give it one hell of a fight.

• Be a hero

If you're feeling unloved and miserable because of this planet, stay and live until society learns to love and help you find happiness in this life. Jesus suffered like a day feeling the hate of all around him. You're choice to live might make you braver than Jesus Christ himself.

• I don't know, but I'm leaning towards, "No".

It's all a matter of when we die, not if. Many people are grateful they did not die when they attempted suicide, yes, but they are many people who are still living just wishing they could die. We cannot predict the future. It can get better, but it's not a guarantee. People with terminal illnesses, on-going problems, severe mental anguish...Why should they continue to keep going just for the sake of it?

People say suicide is selfish, but isn't it also selfish for loved ones to demand the person suffering to live so they themselves don't have to go through the pain? You don't know what people are going through. It's easy to say, "Don't do this, don't do that" when you don't have a clue. As a Christian, I know I'm not suppose to defend suicide, and I definitely do NOT want to lead people astray, because I will be accountable for it in the end. I don't know know any of this for a fact. I'm just expressing how I feel about the matter. Suicide shouldn't be anyone's first choice, but sometimes life is just too much to handle. It's not for the faint at heart. Not all of us are brave warriors who can withstand everything. I can't say I will never do it...I just don't know.

This is why I chose no as an answer. Our souls are more important than our physical lives, our eternal destinations more important than our short lives on earth. Do we really know if death will end all suffering (heaven or oblivion), or if it will just be the beginning of all suffering (hell)? I can't say that your life will get better...I just know it won't last forever. But what happens beyond death will. Someone above me said, "This life's momentary struggles are nothing compared to living an eternity without God..." I agree with that, but it's so hard to take that to heart when you're in the midst of depression, pain, etc.

• Don't go just yet.

As someone who has had experience with depression, cutting, and attempts at suicide, it is a bad decision. If you kill yourself at an early age you will never know what your life has to offer. If you do
    successfully kill yourself, you will hurt more people then you realize. I disagree with people who say
    "you are a coward for committing suicide". They are not cowards, they just can't fight it anymore.
    To those who have attempted, thought about, or successfully killed yourself or know someone who has, you have my deepest sympathy.