• Yes, it is wrong for a person to end his or her life.

We are all given just one life here on earth. We all go through trials and tribulations, and we must use them to grow. There is not one thing in this world that is so bad that death is preferable. God is there to help us through these tribulations, so turning to God is the answer rather than suicide. If you believe otherwise, read the Bible and learn what this world is really about.

• Suicide is the cowards way out

People who commit suicide are just too scared of trying to make it through whatever their situation is, that they think that there is no one who will care if they are gone. People who commit suicide are often treated like they are very brave when really it is the people who struggle through the tough times in life and never give up, they are the people who are brave and deserve respect.

• Here is my view on this subject

Suicide can be a very touchy subject depending on who you talk to. For some people it's more personal because they've been either almost to that point or knew a friend or even family member that was involved or almost killed them selves. Suicide is a tragic thing that unfortunately seems to have increased in popularity. It's sad that people feel that there is no other way out. I feel that in this day and age people shouldn't have to feel this way anymore. This is also a hard subject to judge because it's hard to say whether it is right or wrong. Personally I am not for it or against it, but I feel like we need to help these people who feel like they have no other way out and depending on the situation they may be afraid to get help or may feel like it isn't available for them. If you know someone who is having issues you should talk to them. You never know, just one act of kindness could save a persons life. If you agree with me please leave a comment!

• Right to choose

How much pain should one person be expected to endure. Some people are much stronger but mental illness is one that drives friends and family away. It is much more painful than many physical illnesses . If you are well mentally the world is yours. If you are not there may only be small pieces to grasp onto only to see slip away.

• There is no wrong

Wrong is subjective. This is of course an opinion question, but I do not feel varying opinions on the definition of "wrong" or what the label should be applied to is particularly relevant. Life is not better than non-life/death. The very concept of "wrong" is strictly a human invention and is subjective. It is also a poor word for classification. Therefore I would say to classify suicide as "wrong" is inaccurate because of the subjectivity of the concept as well as due to the assumption that follows--that things that are wrong "should" not be done. There is no "should" in the absolute sense. Though in my opinion, from a moralistic view, I could not agree more that " It is unethical to force someone to stay alive who never had a choice on whether to be born or not and who does not want to live." Suicide is not "the cowards way out" or a product of fear. Anyone who makes this argument is simply ignorant. This argument makes so many false assumptions. For example, these people presume to know why someone would prefer death over life (wrongly so). I would go as far as to say that these people are more likely to be cowards and simply fear acknowledging the fact that someone could have legitimate cause for suicide because that goes against their world view.

• No, suicide is not wrong.

Humans are naturally biased to think that being alive is better than being dead. The truth is that for each individual the answer may be different. Some people have genetics and life experiences which make living life a wonderful thing. For others though the reality of life is much sadder and many wish that they were never born. It is unethical to force someone to stay alive who never had a choice on whether to be born or not and who does not want to live.

• No, it's unfortunate, but not wrong

The personal decisions of people should not be held in contempt, as long as they are not hurting anyone else. If someone wishes to end his or her life, then it is that person's personal choice. I would much rather put the money we use to prosecute suicidal people towards their mental health. Of course, if making the act illegal the only way we can currently get people the help they need to perhaps prevent this tragedy, then we need to keep that up.

• Life and death are a big mystery

Life and death are a mystery. When you ask yourself what the meaning is of life you end up with a personal conviction or belief.
    No one has solved the mystery. No one knows anything for that matter and that includes me obviously.
    I don't know where I came from. I don't where I was before I was born. I don't know here I'll be after death.
    My conclusion is if I don't know the answer to the ultimate mystery of life and death, then how can I even judge what if suicide is wrong or right?

• It takes strength to make the decision to commit suicide

I don't feel suicide is cowardly. I've considered suicide in the past, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, because I was afraid. It takes a strong will to decide to end your one and only (probably) life. People who kill themselves usually have depression or another mental illness, and don't see their life getting any better. Sometimes it doesn't. Usually a lot of factors lead someone to suicide- people don't say, "Crap, my car is ruined. Better kill myself now". A series of financial misfortunes, tragic deaths of family members, or constant bullying are some reasons someone may kill themselves. And while it is unfortunate for surviving friends and family, they need to understand that that person's quality of life had to have been very low for them to make such a difficult choice.

• No it is not

You have the right to life. You should be allowed to take your own life whenever you want. I think it is selfish to say that you cannot kill yourself because I know what is better for you than you do. They are not the selfish ones, we are. We say we keep them here because we love them. If you love them you will let them go!

• It is sad and disappointing if someone decides to take their life, but it cannot be termed as wrong.

No one can know how another person feels. Many people feel very deeply and think a lot. They are asked to change themselves, but cannot although they try very hard. No one knows what someone has gone through, what their childhood was like, and how much capacity they have to take further pain. They might have given life multiple chances. People choose to die because they know something inside them has already died.

• This was a tough one. But I had to choose no, suicide is not wrong.

Unfortunate and deeply saddening but not WRONG. Some people truly do not have a good life. They hate it everywhere they go, they have nobody to talk to, and feel there is no way out. They also did not choose to even be born into this world in the first place. And if given a choice would go back in time and never be born. It's easy to sit here from our laptops and say it's wrong, just tough it out, it will get better, but it's not that easy when you are 14 years old with a miserable life. The question was is suicide wrong. No, it is not morally wrong but I do think that if one is thinking of doing this they must think of anybody else that may also be hurt with your suicide. If others will be hurt I think it would be wrong. But if one has nobody and is truly alone in this world. He or she has every right to do what they wish with their life.

• Your choice

I don't think it's wrong. I think it all comes down to where you want to stand in a religious stance. You are not permitted to take your own life. So I would only say this...if you think whatever is so bad to kill yourself over on earth, are you willing to suffer for it for eternity?