Is supporting Trump seen as almost the same as supporting Hitler?

Asked by: Edmyron
  • I don't know why

I'm not sure why supporting Trump is seen as basically the same as supporting Hitler and the only thing I can come up with is left-wing and liberal or democrat rhetoric in general just to oppose him. Looking for more insight on the matter if anyone has it. (btw I support Trump so go ahead and rip me a new one if you want)

• Yes, but not in the OOOHHH Hitler is EVIL way

I find trumps campaign strategy, not his policy or platform, to be similar to Hitlers on many levels. I think Hitler was one of the greatest politicians who ever lived, and Trump is using similar strategies to evoke emotional response from people and reaping impressive amounts of voters because of it. People say he's stupid, and I don't think that's a good description. He's very good at what he does, and he has an uncanny ability to turn just about anything around no matter what happens.

• It is like having a little cough compared to dying.

I am from the UK. I don't know enough to have a full minded opinion but from what I can gather Trump is racist but not a mass murdering man. I can't say if Hillary is better or worst than trump because I don't understand what she wants and I know nothing about her political campaign.

• Stop comparing Trump to Hitler.

I'd like to start by saying, I am not a Trump supporter, or a Hilary supporter.
    Hitler had two goals in mind, take over the world and create a "super race." Hitler wished to kill all blacks, Jews, gypsies, and all the disabled. Hitler committed crimes against humanity for years and years, working his tail off to try to wipe out a group people that had done no wrong to him.
    Trump shares none of these views. I am tired of anti-Trump Liberals comparing this man to Hitler. Sure, Trump may be a racist. Sure, he may promote xenophobia. But HE IS NOT HITLER! He doesn't wish to kill all Syrian refugees. He does not want to kill all Mexicans. He does not want to take over the world. He does not want to create a "super race." Comparing Trump to Hitler is ridiculous because there is no person in history as evil as Hitler.

• Supporting Hillary is more frequently viewed as similar to supporting Hitler. That's why many people call her "Hitlary".

Her actions, her leadership decisions, have actually caused the displacement or deaths of millions of people.

Hitler is also considered to have been fairly inept when it comes to tactics and strategy. Hillary's ineptitude has been dragged into the light via the emails and the scandals surrounding that.

So, No. Supporting Trump isn't seen as almost the same as supporting Hitler. Other than by complete morons, who can only see they both happen to be men.

• Trump is fundamentally different than Hitler

Trump is fundamentally different than Hitler. If one looks at Hitler's party platform, then the National Socialiste Party was the very embodiment of what Nazism is. They were far right wing and they murdered and raped, pillaged towns and cities, and burned cities to the ground. Now Trump's party platform is Republican, which is slightly right wing. His very ideas are the farthest thing from Nazism and Hitler. Im not a pro Trump supporter, but looking at the Presidental Race, I would choose Trump over Hillary, or as she is known now, Hitlery, any day.