• It takes away freedeom

Smart and intelligent people do no use profanity. When society craves the degraded, it shows that we have taken away our freedoms, because many people say that it is just the way I am or "it's just human nature." With this, we are becoming objects instead of agents, because we do have the power not to swear. This is why swearing is bad

• Yes, swearing is very rarely, if ever, necessary.

There is entirely too much swearing in today's society. It is not only bad because it's offensive, but it is bad because there are almost always more descriptive words to use. For example, the "f-word" has become so pervasive - especially in movies and online - that it's somewhat meaningless while being offensive at the same time.

People should use swear words, even the milder ones, with great caution. If someone uses swear words frequently and inappropriately, it alerts me to the possibility that the person is poorly educated and cannot think of better words.

• Yes, its very bad

People say its bad to swear at children, but then does age make the difference of who can swear or not? How many businesses would they accept people who swear? Even if you don't show it in public is swearing the only way to say what we want to say? Swearing is swearing no matter how you put it. A lie is a lie. Same with swearing.

Posted by: Go
  • Swearing is not needed

Some areas actually have laws against profanity around children and the general public. If the profanity is so bad that it "disturbs the peace" such as I have paid for a movie or dinner - I do not need to hear a lot of cursing from other patrons or worse a visitor. The ability to articulate what the problem is and work to a solution is the best use of minds. Even continuous loud noise is disturbing the peace.
    Https://www.Shouselaw.Com/disturbing-peace.Html

• Swearing is bad

It is a sign of ignorance and bad attitude. Swearing is disrespectful. There are many other words in the english language. Swearing is abusive. Swearing sounds bad. Swearing is unhealthy and corrupts the English language.
    No one should swear!, whether they are young or old.
    It lacks imagination and doesn't accurately express people's feelings.

• Evidence that swearing isn't so good:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102008088
    https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/teenagers/ask/is-cursing-bad/
    http://www.elle.com/beauty/health-fitness/advice/a2495/bad-habit-swearing/
    So, if you read any of those, you can tell that swearing isn't only bad because it is disrespectful, rude an generally not pleasant for the ears to listen to, it also affects your mental health and it can let out the kind of person you are.

• Swearing is very bad? Never do it.

Yes, of course swearing is bad. It is rude and offensive to people. People would think you as being bad, malicious and ungrateful. There is absolutely nothing good about swearing. Some people use it to let out their emotions but hey, JUST TALK IT OUT!!! Others use it to try to be funny, but if you need o swear to be funny, YOU'RE NOT AT ALL FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Keep public spaces "Clean"

Just as people would look askance at you for throwing trash around in public, so throwing dirty words around will raise eyebrows. There is a time and a place for such language, but general use should not be acceptable. Society has labeled such language as rude and offensive, and just like any other unwritten rule, perfection should not be demanded, but you should respect those around you. An expletive used for emphasis is fine, and particularly frustrating circumstances or people may warrant a string of them, but curse words should not be used as adjectives, they diminish opinion of the user, and undermine the weight of what they have to say.

• Swearing Does Not Help Anyone

I've always been extremely apposed to swearing in any form. I think it makes one sound uneducated, disrespectful, and classless. That aside, I asked one of my friends whom frequently swears to explain to me what benefit swearing has. She couldn't give me one benefit of it. She finally mustered out that it helps her express her anger, and that was alarming to me. If someone calls you an explicit name, it offends you. So why would you call the other person that, knowing it's an offensive term? There are a lot of drawbacks and absolutely no benefits, so it doesn't make any sense. Our society needs to completely remove it from our language in favor of more classy and a more vast vocabulary.

• Swearing is not Appropriate

Why does everyone support cursing? I don't get it. You know society has labeled it as rude and offensive, so why do people continue to use these words? The truth is, it is rude and offensive. It makes you seem very immature and like a genuinely angry person. Swearing does not make you cool and there are other words to substitute mean words. Of course, people make mistakes, and some words may slip out from time to time. Don't make it a habit of being impolite though.

• No, not at all!

Swears and curses are often considered to be the mark of low breeding and intellectual dead ends. I firmly disagree. While I could just as easily say, "Your behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it." then walk away.. That is not nearly as cathartic as calling someone an (expletive deleted) and telling them where to shove it. The only real question is whether any given situation is the right one for swearing. At a club where someone is refusing to leave you alone? Swear at them. At a library or a dinner? Mind your manners (unless the host is okay with it).

• It's f*cking AMAZING!

I think we can all agree that no words create a better placebo effect for stress relief than words considered taboo by society. Whether you have banged your knee on the coffee table, or you are having tod deal with someone who is quite possibly the biggest idiot you've ever met, there's a few less-than-kind words for that.

• It's just another part of language.

They are only bad words because they are considered bad words by society and portrayed as such. They are just words, and part of our language, in every language.

Sure, they can be shocking, but a lot of other words can be used to shock people. But language is necessary, and swearing is not a bad thing. All words can be used in a negative way, not just swear words. Okay, maybe swearing at a little kid isn't ideal, but nor is using other rude words at them.

Some people say that swearing isn't necessary. In the words of Stephen Fry in response to that particular idea, 'it's not necessary to have coloured socks. It's not necessary for this cushion to be here. But no one ever writes in saying 'I was SHOCKED to see that cushion there! It really wasn't necessary.''

Swearing isn't bad. They're just words, like all other words. It's just in the context people choose to use them in, like with all other words.

• No, not at all!

• No, swearing is covered under free speech!

I completely disagree with this one! Swearing is covered under free speech. Now if the question was, “Is swearing at a child bad?” My answer would then be yes, alas, that is not the question. Another point I would like to make it just because one person considers it swearing, doesn’t mean all people consider it swearing.

• They're merely words

I don't get why people think that swearing means you have a poor grasp of language. My essays are deemed eloquent and well written, yet I swear during casual conversations with peers. If I'm so uneducated, then please explain my 99th percentile scores or my 4.5 GPA. If numbers aren't enough, look at the opinions of teachers and other adults. They certainly view me as an educated, hard-working student. Swears are just words, and regular words can hurt as well when used the wrong way. If I jokingly called my friend a bitch, they wouldn't mind. If I called them a worthless piece of scum that doesn't deserve the air they breathe, then I wouldn't have a friend anymore. I can insult and degrade somebody without the use of profanity. From a scientific standpoint, swears are stored in a different area of the brain from normal words, unless somebody uses them regularly. If swearing becomes casually, they're stored with regular words. That's what they are. Regular words.

• They're merely words

• They are just words

One thing about swearing is it gets peoples attention. Look at it this way, would you respond to "get over here", or "get the fuck over here". These are just words to be honest. I really don't get why people make a big deal over these words, focus on a big issue.

• Swearing is words

People think swearing is not intelligent and impressive. But really, they're just words.

First of all, any word can become a swear. For example, "bitch" used to be a word for a female dog, then it somehow became a swear. In fact, I've seen it in a dictionary before.

Second, it's called the first amendment. The first amendment gives us the freedom of speech.

So swearing Isn't that bad after all

• Swear words are just words.

People against it are people who were raised being told that it is equal to lying or sinning. It is like the word "Voldemort" in Harry Potter. Fear of the word only adds to the fear of the thing itself.

If I decided that "ookie tookie" was a new swear word, and told my kids that anyone who said that word was a bad person and they should not say it as to avoid looking like a bad person, then when they would be conditioned to have a negative response whenever someone says that word. It is completely psychological. Swear words are just words, a part of language used to inflect nuances and tones in conversations.

I think it says more about the person when they are greatly offended by swear words. It means they are very very stubborn and reactive towards anything that challenges what they were conditioned to believe.