• It takes away freedeom

Smart and intelligent people do no use profanity. When society craves the degraded, it shows that we have taken away our freedoms, because many people say that it is just the way I am or "it's just human nature." With this, we are becoming objects instead of agents, because we do have the power not to swear. This is why swearing is bad

• Yes, swearing is very rarely, if ever, necessary.

There is entirely too much swearing in today's society. It is not only bad because it's offensive, but it is bad because there are almost always more descriptive words to use. For example, the "f-word" has become so pervasive - especially in movies and online - that it's somewhat meaningless while being offensive at the same time.

People should use swear words, even the milder ones, with great caution. If someone uses swear words frequently and inappropriately, it alerts me to the possibility that the person is poorly educated and cannot think of better words.

• Yes, its very bad

People say its bad to swear at children, but then does age make the difference of who can swear or not? How many businesses would they accept people who swear? Even if you don't show it in public is swearing the only way to say what we want to say? Swearing is swearing no matter how you put it. A lie is a lie. Same with swearing.

Posted by: Go
  • It's in the bible. . .

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, But what is good for necessary edification, That it may impart grace to the hearers.
    New King James version James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, These things ought not to be so.

• Swearing is audio pollution.

Swearing is offensive to many people. When you break down the meaning of swear words, the message being communicated is highly offensive, if not downright threatening. Some wearing seemingly has become a culturally ‘acceptable’ form of sexual harassment, or even physical threat. Personally, when someone resorts to swearing I tune them out. Like quickly changing a static-laden channel, swearing grates on my ears and grieves my spirit. It displays a lack of self-control, respect, vocabulary or intelligence.

• Swearing is for idiots!

Seriously, if you can't think of something better to say, there's these things called thesauruses. Besides, no one ever uses them in context. If someone said "You're f-ing kidding me," that would mean "You're sexing kidding me," That makes no sense! Or "Don't be a bi-atch" would mean "Don't be a female dog" Whats wrong with female dogs? Nothing! So just don't swear!

• Meaning and Suitability

Swear words are not only considered rude, but the words themselves mean very rude things as well. They are used frequently despite their vulgar meanings, and can be considered offensive. The argument that even though society may tell you that they are bad, it doesn't matter because you can be whomever you want, is flawed. Society tells you that murder is bad, so it would be unacceptable to murder and then claim that it is alright because you are being yourself.

• Swearing is bad because

Its extremely rude to say them to other people. If your boss sweared at you, wouldn't you get upset. I bet you wouldn't respect them either. Thats how swearing is ruining society. Everyone is being rude to each other. Plus why say such vulgar words? Its like you're dumping your gift of speech to the ground. Also if you swear you just have a lack of self control to keep your feelings to yourself

• Swearing is bad because

• Yes, there is something wrong with swearing!

Some people argue that swearing is physically good for you, and they're not wrong, but on an ethical or a moral level, swearing is bad for you. Swearing is basically treating the gift of speech like dirt. Also, swearing is completely unnecessary! We could say things in way simpler terms than just using vulgar language! Let me just say that I do respect people's freedom of speech, but I am against using profanity as a whole.

• No, not at all!

Swears and curses are often considered to be the mark of low breeding and intellectual dead ends. I firmly disagree. While I could just as easily say, "Your behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it." then walk away.. That is not nearly as cathartic as calling someone an (expletive deleted) and telling them where to shove it. The only real question is whether any given situation is the right one for swearing. At a club where someone is refusing to leave you alone? Swear at them. At a library or a dinner? Mind your manners (unless the host is okay with it).

• It's f*cking AMAZING!

I think we can all agree that no words create a better placebo effect for stress relief than words considered taboo by society. Whether you have banged your knee on the coffee table, or you are having tod deal with someone who is quite possibly the biggest idiot you've ever met, there's a few less-than-kind words for that.

• It's just another part of language.

They are only bad words because they are considered bad words by society and portrayed as such. They are just words, and part of our language, in every language.

Sure, they can be shocking, but a lot of other words can be used to shock people. But language is necessary, and swearing is not a bad thing. All words can be used in a negative way, not just swear words. Okay, maybe swearing at a little kid isn't ideal, but nor is using other rude words at them.

Some people say that swearing isn't necessary. In the words of Stephen Fry in response to that particular idea, 'it's not necessary to have coloured socks. It's not necessary for this cushion to be here. But no one ever writes in saying 'I was SHOCKED to see that cushion there! It really wasn't necessary.''

Swearing isn't bad. They're just words, like all other words. It's just in the context people choose to use them in, like with all other words.

• No, not at all!

• No, swearing is covered under free speech!

I completely disagree with this one! Swearing is covered under free speech. Now if the question was, “Is swearing at a child bad?” My answer would then be yes, alas, that is not the question. Another point I would like to make it just because one person considers it swearing, doesn’t mean all people consider it swearing.

• No It's Not

1) Everyone Has The Right To Say Whatever The Fuck They Want, Around Whoever The Hell They Want, Anywhere They Want, Anytime They Want, Too Whoever The Fuck They Want (It's Called Freedom Of Speech Bitch I'll Say Whatever The Fuck I Want). 2) If You Tell Someone That They Can't Cuss Then You Are Violating Their First Amendment Rights. 3) Anyone That Wants To Repeal Any Of The First 14 Amendments Or Change Them Should Be Excited From The United States Of America (Even If They Were Born Here). 4)
    Anyone That Violates Anyone's Constitutional Rights Should Be Excited From The United States Of America (Even If They Were Born Here).

• N-word and all words

So everyone states that the dreaded n-word should never be said but they hold this word on a pedestal so high that these other words don't get talked about like faggot and ones like that but 'they have too much history' yea well so does zipperhead but no one stops that anyway it's either they're all ok or non of them are ok

• Swearing is for idiots!

• Words mean things

Forgive me for stating the obvious but the mere concept of a word being inherently bad or offensive is nothing short of nonsensical. Not everyone finds these words offensive. Not anyone can tell you with exact certainty which words are good or bad. Swear words simply don't exist written in stone. Any word can be a swear word if there is someone that for some reason finds it offensive but we shouldn't think of the words as completely and undeniably offensive. What is really offensive is the context in which they are used. Fuck is just a word, just like stone or water. Someone saying fuck you to someone else is offensive. The word in and of itself holds no objective foulness. Stop blaming words for bad people calling u names and hurting your brittle feelings.

• Words mean things