• It takes away freedeom

Smart and intelligent people do no use profanity. When society craves the degraded, it shows that we have taken away our freedoms, because many people say that it is just the way I am or "it's just human nature." With this, we are becoming objects instead of agents, because we do have the power not to swear. This is why swearing is bad

• Yes, swearing is very rarely, if ever, necessary.

There is entirely too much swearing in today's society. It is not only bad because it's offensive, but it is bad because there are almost always more descriptive words to use. For example, the "f-word" has become so pervasive - especially in movies and online - that it's somewhat meaningless while being offensive at the same time.

People should use swear words, even the milder ones, with great caution. If someone uses swear words frequently and inappropriately, it alerts me to the possibility that the person is poorly educated and cannot think of better words.

• Yes, its very bad

People say its bad to swear at children, but then does age make the difference of who can swear or not? How many businesses would they accept people who swear? Even if you don't show it in public is swearing the only way to say what we want to say? Swearing is swearing no matter how you put it. A lie is a lie. Same with swearing.

Posted by: Go
  • Swearing is not okay

Swearing is not okay no matter what because you should treat people the way you would like to be treated because how how would you like it if some one swore at you some people say curse words too look cool but in my opinion it just makes you look immature and out of control , swearing can lead to bullying and bullying can sometimes lead to suicide then what would you do , you would be the bad one you would loose alot of friendships and put on ur record and u will get punished so yeah thats why I think swearing is bad.

• Swearing isn't necessary

It shows you have no control over yourself and makes you look immature. Just think swearing takes your credibility away. It sets a bad example of you and your family. Swearing hurts other people, how would you feel if someone cursed at you. It can also cause people to suicide

• Swearing is bad

Its bad man don't do it hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hih ih ih hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hih ih hih hi hi h hih ih hih hi hi hi ih hi hi hi hi hi hih ih ih hi ih

• Swearing is bad

• Swearing is bad

• Why waste your words?

There are so many uses of our everyday language and impacts that we can make depending on the words that we choose. With our voices, we can make a difference in the world, brighten up someone's day, or even start an everlasting change. Words that are positive and uplifting are essential to thriving communities and the growth of our nation- and swearing is just the opposite. Swear words have the ability to really hurt someone without even you knowing it. Even if it is meant as a joke, the harmful effects of swearing does not go unseen. For the people who say that curse words are "just words", I urge you to think again. Indeed they are words, but they can be much more. They can be the factor of whether or not you get that job of your dreams. They can be part of the reason why people find you so offensive or rude. They ultimately change how people see you as an individual. So please, reconsider how you use your words because no matter how little value you think they posses, our words represent who we are and what we stand for.

Sincerely,
    a 15 year old

• Too much swearing

Swearing is not okay because certain people find it offensive/rude. Do we really want to get into habits of swearing when it could easily slip out in front of the wrong person and you end up seeming rude and/or offending someone around you. Don't even swear by yourself as it can make it a habit.

• No, not at all!

Swears and curses are often considered to be the mark of low breeding and intellectual dead ends. I firmly disagree. While I could just as easily say, "Your behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it." then walk away.. That is not nearly as cathartic as calling someone an (expletive deleted) and telling them where to shove it. The only real question is whether any given situation is the right one for swearing. At a club where someone is refusing to leave you alone? Swear at them. At a library or a dinner? Mind your manners (unless the host is okay with it).

• It's f*cking AMAZING!

I think we can all agree that no words create a better placebo effect for stress relief than words considered taboo by society. Whether you have banged your knee on the coffee table, or you are having tod deal with someone who is quite possibly the biggest idiot you've ever met, there's a few less-than-kind words for that.

• It's just another part of language.

They are only bad words because they are considered bad words by society and portrayed as such. They are just words, and part of our language, in every language.

Sure, they can be shocking, but a lot of other words can be used to shock people. But language is necessary, and swearing is not a bad thing. All words can be used in a negative way, not just swear words. Okay, maybe swearing at a little kid isn't ideal, but nor is using other rude words at them.

Some people say that swearing isn't necessary. In the words of Stephen Fry in response to that particular idea, 'it's not necessary to have coloured socks. It's not necessary for this cushion to be here. But no one ever writes in saying 'I was SHOCKED to see that cushion there! It really wasn't necessary.''

Swearing isn't bad. They're just words, like all other words. It's just in the context people choose to use them in, like with all other words.

• No, not at all!

• No, swearing is covered under free speech!

I completely disagree with this one! Swearing is covered under free speech. Now if the question was, “Is swearing at a child bad?” My answer would then be yes, alas, that is not the question. Another point I would like to make it just because one person considers it swearing, doesn’t mean all people consider it swearing.

• What's the difference?

Sh*t is defined as "excrement; feces" on dictionary.Com. Why, then, is it alright to say feces, poop, and crappy, but not shit? They both mean the same thing. And it's socially unacceptable to say "d*mn it" but not "curses," and you can say "screw" but not "f*ck," and "urine" but not "piss." Meanwhile, you can say bugger, which refers to sodomy, or call someone a jerk, which is short for jerkoff, which is in turn a reference to masturbation, yet you can't call someone a female dog or a child born out of wedlock. Some people say that we have so many words that there is no reason to use curses, but as a writer, I refuse to remove a group of words from my vocabulary simply because someone else doesn't like them. Why do we say "reprimanded" when we can just say "scolded?" Why do we say "jubilant" or "ecstatic" instead of simply "happy?" Some people say that you should avoid these words because they're socially unacceptable, and that's that. But we do lots of things that would have been socially unacceptable back in the day. As a society we put far too much stock in what is "acceptable" and "unacceptable" based on other people's standards. Fun fact: dermatologists say that you should really only shower every three days. But no one wants to do that because other people will judge us. You're also supposed to brush your teeth after every meal, but no one does that either for fear of being made fun of. And if I see someone watching the news report on transgendered folks being allowed in the military, and I hear them spit the word "queer" like and insult and I confront them on it, that's just their religion freedom, but if I'm having a conversation with a friend and I drop the f-bomb anyone who wants to jump in and reprimand me is comet elyssa within their rights. Double standards much?

• Why is it bad?

I know it's bad because society thinks it is. But why does society think swearing is bad? Any people who try to bring religion into this are wrong because it is not an insult to the creator of speech even if it is whoever you believe in. This is because other words that are not official and traditional or dictionary words are not considered bad. If it's not bad to say great or the word good. Why is it bad to say the word shit but okay to say turd? It doesn't make sense.

• Swearing is okay

I think that swearing is just a word, Please don't try to use bible verses as a point. I use to relieve stress and for comedic effect it does not effect self control. Saying ''fuck'' is the same as saying ''darn'' because it's mean is the same there's just a stupid taboo.

• Lol no m8

If you honestly think that swearing is bad you might want to tell me how your colon smells like because you are pretty far up there. Fuck off m8, you are so fucking full of yourself pretending to be dignified and high class. Not only that but you probably look up on the dictionary on the top 10 words which nobody fucking knows and put them in your everyday speech trying to sound smart. Fuck off nobody wants to hear that shit. I can also smell a bunch of edgy 15 year olds who think they are top shit m8. Fuck off.

• Absolutely fucking not

They're just words, usually used as intensifiers, to claim any word is inherently bad is pretty moronic and pointless. They're a part of everyday life and trying to cover them up won't change that fact. People swear and it's ok, there's nothing bad about a few words that people have heard thousands of times if not more.