• Swearing Is Godly?

My opinion is that as long as it's not leading your brother in Christ to sin or being used to hurt others verbally or emotionally, that it's perfectly acceptable. "Swearing" alone is not harmful, by themselves they are just words. It's overall how they are used when speaking or writing!

• Swearing is unnecessary

Swearing is the lazy person's way of expressing an opinion. My mother doesn't swear and has never had an issue with making her excitement or displeasure know. It can takes more words to be clear, however. Far fewer words are needed if one swears. Christ embodied the qualities I equate with a modern day gentleman. He got angry and took action. If h err was swearing, I believe it would have been recorded. Swearing isn't new. Sometimes it feels great for a moment. So does the extra food, I know I shouldn't eat. A moment. Then, reality. I am a child of God. I will choose my words wisely.

• No ofcourse not

Jesus would never swear its mean and rude and a sin. You r stupid bcause jesus was god and the son of god and would nevr commit a sin because hes made of purity and perfectness and sacrifices himself for perfectness of the humans and their souls to heal their sins. Lol.

• Christ practiced self control

To swear is to invoke negative or uncontrolled language that is by definition: To use vulgar language against; curse: an offensive word that people say when they are angry. (http://www.Merriam-webster.Com/dictionary/swear, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curse)
    This is not practicing self control nor is it uplifting or in anyway positive. Christ Jesus is the Word of God, words are powerful and should not be spoken in anger.

• I agree with CJ

I think that cursing goes against what the bible teaches and is not right for a christian. The bible passages CJ posted reflect this. I also think that cursing a God you admit to love or following seems very contradictory. At the end of the day, it is your life, faith and walk with God but as unfortunate as it is, what you say does matter.

• Swearing is unnecessary

• Swearing Is a Sin

Not only is swearing unnecessary, it's also breaking a Commandment. The Third Commandment states that thou shall not use the Lord's name in vain. Cursing is considered an insult to God in some cases and in others it is considered a call for God to do harm to someone. There is no need to swear.

• Not it's not.

"Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be."-James 3:10 KJV. It says we should not curse, or swear, so this means that it is ungodly. I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to swear, even people who have no religious beliefs.