Is Target trying to bribe people back to its stores by offering discount cards for Black Friday 2014?

• Target is bribing!

Brilliant bribery move on the part of Target. Offering an additional discount by way of a card is an ingenious way of not only luring people in to the store but making them buy. The holiday shopping competition has grown out of control, and I feel Target has stepped up a notch above with this move.

• Every retailer does it.

No, Target is not trying to bribe people back to its stores, because it is just advertising. All retailers advertise. It is fair to offer deals and special promotions in order to encourage shoppers to choose that retailer. There is nothing different from what Target is doing than Wal Mart or any of the others.

• No, I do not believe Target is trying to bribe people back into its stores by offering discount cards for Black Friday 2014.

No, I do not believe Target is trying to bribe people back into its stores by offering discount cards for Black Friday 2014. Target is simply doing what all stores do on Black Friday and try to offer deals that will beat the competitors. By providing gift cards they are not only luring people in for Black Friday, but also getting them back to use the gift cards.

• I don't think it's really bribery.

It sounds much more like normal marketing to me. Anything Target can do to gain an edge over it's competitors, it will do. I really doubt their first thought was to appeal to those who stopped shopping there, though I believe getting back old customers would definitely be a plus for Target. Many stores do these kinds of promotional discounts and events during that time of the year.