• No, I'd like to say yes but I don't think so.

I would love to say that I think teamwork is effective in schools, but my experience is that it is not. It usually ends up being one person who does all the work, and the others slide. Teamwork can be effective on sports teams and certain projects, but as far as schoolwork, I say each person for themselves.

• I say yes

Teamwork! The more people who work on a project the more ideas, talents, skills, and manpower is applied to complete the project. The diversity of the workers skills enhances the project outcome and the manpower provides the ability for the project to be completed in a faster rate of time.

• Together Everyone Could Achieve More

Team work is the greatest asset humans could. With it everything could be achieved even the most difficult goals. Spaceships, Satellites and Rockets etcetera were not made just because of one person. They may be the idea of one but the hard work of many. I would like to end the argument with his quote of Michael Jordan "talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

• Teamwork gets the job done.

Where better to learn and first apply teamwork than in an educational setting? Whether it's being done on a sports team, or a collaborative project like lab partners or project buddies, kids need to learn about teamwork in order to succeed in life, first as students in higher education, then as adults in the workplace.

• Yes I think it does

Teamwork is highly effective in my own personal opinion. With it, you get to meet new people along with getting a project done. Along with all of that, the new people you meet can become your new life long friends, depending on many factors, and could potentially help you in the work force later in life. If you work and get along well with others, they would have no problem putting in a recommendation for you

• THE SPIRIT OF TEAMWORK IS GOOD

Teamwork is based on helping individuals who are unable to undersatand or those who totaly need help in their course of study. Teamwork builds, it supports, encourages, motivate one's ability to express his or her feeling of understanding. I recommend Teamwork. When one is not capable of knowing it builds his ir her knowledge

• Yes, teamwork is effective in school

I think that team among students in class is helpful because it builds unity, and fosters cooperation between students. Too much is done in class to promote separatism among races, classes. Slow-learners can benefit from the interaction and can rise to higher levels of achievement with the help of their peers.

• Teamwork is the epitome of a correlation of ideas

At school, teamwork prepares individuals for the several occupations in which need the skill of teamwork to succeed. Additionally, teamwork allows for a more fluid input of ideas and perspectives on particular issues which not only assist those who have false ideas, but improve those that already exist. So teamwork, essentially, is pivotal for effectiveness of students at school.

• Yes, teamwork is effective in school

I think that teamwork among students in class is helpful because it builds unity, and fosters cooperation between students. Too much is done in class to promote separatism among races, classes. Slow-learners can benefit from the interaction and can rise to higher levels of achievement with the help of their peers.

• Sometimes I feel working independently is better than teamwork.

I would say yes to TEAMWORK. But sometimes I prefer individualism.
    I hate when people complains about the others' ideas but never comes up with their own ideas.
    And another kind of people that makes teamwork less effective is the aggressive people with strong personality. They always force the others to get the job done. They think they are good leaders but they are absolutely not. By doing so, they make everyone less motivated and not willing to contribute their ideas.

• I don't think teamwork is good

I've noticed that most "No" voters are taking it from a perspective that somebody is being exploited by ineffective, lazy team members. There is another way of looking at this, which is that some people just prefer working alone and more importantly, come up with their best work when working alone. We're increasingly encouraged to focus on teamwork my opinion team work is the worst but sometime it is best but it take so much time to compare ideas with each other

• Only for some, was catastrophic for me.

Teamwork is all fine and well if you're working with people who are on a similar intellectual level as yourself, but imagine you're an average child who has been put in the mentally challenged group. You might be kind and patient and great for the other less intelligent people in your group, but meanwhile, you're not learning anything. As your quiet frustration intensifies, you develop growing resentment of other people and a preoccupation with suicidal ideation. The same principal applies to those of exceptional intelligence persistently stuck in groups of average kids.

Furthermore, I think that group-work simply encourages the manipulation of others and the use of office politics for individual gain at the expense of others. One person has brilliant ideas, everyone else steals them and then bands together to make it look like it was a group effort... Credit should be given where credit is due.

• Different opinion offered

I've noticed that most "No" voters are taking it from a perspective that somebody is being exploited by ineffective, lazy team members. There is another way of looking at this, which is that some people just prefer working alone and more importantly, come up with their best work when working alone. We're increasingly encouraged to focus on teamwork. As a consequence, individuals who are shy or introverted, who prefer working alone, are seen as being anti-social, non-team players and frankly, as having something wrong with them. This is a fairly recent thing and thank God it wasn't common practise when I was at school or I would have retreated into my shell and achieved nothing. There's a lot to be said for working in teams when it involves people who thrive in that environment. It should also be considered that it isn't for everybody and that team members who like to come up with ideas on their own should be allowed time to do that without the pressure of the public gaze. Some people just are, of course, bone-idle, but the symptoms may not always fit the disease.

• NO! The less capable ends up being "covered" or getting a "free ride" by the more capable student. Who does the most work

Some students do not put in as much effort in their share of the work than the other. Is it due to laziness? Ineptitude? Family problems? Work demands? The list never ends. Why should one student's limitations, for whatever reason, be "covered" by the other who is more efficient, capable, knows how to manage his/her time? The former rides on the coattails of the latter which eventually just breeds resentment by the latter, affecting their grades not just in that particular subject, but spills over to other subjects as well, resulting in a "lose-lose" outcome.

• I say no.

I understand that working in teams is good. You can bounce ideas around and you can split the work thus less work for yourself. From my experience,teamwork is terrible. The girls in the group ALWAYS end up doing ALL the work. How is that fair? Either that or nobody understands the material in the assignment and I end up doing the project myself and they're just like, "I'll put my name down and make it seem like I helped out when really I talked the entire time." Teamwork does not work for everyone.