• Technology brings us together

I do believe that Technology can act as gateway to bring people together. Especially since Social Media has become quite so accessible on mobile devices. People re-connect with lost friends and family members through ways of technology, which could ultimately lead to a reunion of some sorts of these people.

• Technology is an amazing unifier.

The rise of the Internet and our networked society has brought me closer than ever before to family and friends in distant places. People who I knew in high school and college have found me, and while some of them have fallen into the "sorry I did that, because you're gone insane since we last talked," category, it was at least nice to get some closure on those relationships. I like being in touch with everyone, all the time, everywhere, and I'm glad technology is here to provide me with that ability.

• Technology prevents face to face contact

People will lose all their social skills being face to face. Technology makes people rude. People just sit on their phones at social events and not even bother talking. This is bringing a wedge between everyone in this world. If you are always on your phone, you may not even come out of your house. You will sit there and do nothing.

• Technology prevents us from living in the moment

Social media makes us obsessed with living in the moment. From status changes, location updates, to documenting food choices with photos and videos. There hasn't been a moment in a public space where people weren't pouring over their smart phones. It's common for people to be looking down at their phones while dining out, walking on the street, or sitting in a park.

• Technology tears us apart

Remember the art of a face-to-face conversation? The rise in technology and social media enables more people to sit and stare at screens than to develop meaningful interpersonal relationships and personal networking skills. The ability to practice and refine manners and socially accepted behaviors has been almost eliminated with the development of technology.