Is technology dampening the creativity of children?

• Totally from personal experiance!!!

I am a professional musician and I know that when i play computer games it wrecks my ability to write songs. Especially lyrics. Original ideas are more difficult to create when your brain is distracted from being able to mull small things over in the background all day. Just sayin' guys..............

• In many ways, yes

While technology makes it easier for children to access information and form ideas, it also teaches them that they don't need to know how to do anything because computers can do it for them. Nobody has to do any problem solving anymore, technology is so advanced it's a brain optional world.

• Yes technology is damping creativity

In my opinion it is damping creativity of children's because now a days kids are getting mobiles and laptops so instead of looking and finding about studies they started playing games and looking things that should not be allowed to see. They are leaving studies and now are more concern about technology
    so yes technology is damping creativity

• YES tecnology is dampening the creativity of chldren

My logical mind tells me that the more time my children spend glued to technology, the less time they have to embrace their creativity and inspire their imagination – with art, books, creative play etc.

A new survey by commissioned by Hobbycraft has revealed that a third of parents are worried that their children’s obsession with techno-gadgets will impede their creativity.

So much so that seventy-three per cent of parents are actively trying to limit TV and game time.

Heard of Generation C (also known as generation Z) – most of our babies fall under this category. It stands for Generation Connect and refers those born between the early 1990s and the late 2000s.

Raising these babies is a whole different ball game for those of us (most of us) who grew up without the extreme advances that now characterise modern technology.

But does technology dampen creativity?

Whilst technology does seem to bring with it a certain addictive property, it is a mistake to demonise it.

There are so many creative jobs and activities that use technology expressively; film, Photoshop, design (in all its forms) and the list, and its associated roles, could go on for pages.

Whilst considering the long-term effects of allowing our children to rely too heavily on technology in their youth, it’s important to strike a balance between teaching our children the importance of balance; technology is their future but art and nature and books are part of life’s most magnificent treasure chest. It’d be a shame to miss out.

Do you think technology dampens creativity?

• Technology is not dampening

Technology has art, dancing, painting, etc. Even if you choose not to pursue these activities that does not mean that they are not there. A simple solution is to point children in the right direction when they are small. Gradually interest and creativity will build on its own thus causing their creativity to naturally grow with the use of technology.

• If the user,whether it is a child, student,or an adult it will definetly dampen the creativity

As a student I feel it is not dampening the creativity of any child or a student because i myself need the
    technology for my studies, projects and assignments. It gives use more ideas and different ways to make it more beautiful and creative.If we use it limited it will definetly not dampen the creativity of any child or a student.

• No, technology isn't dampening the creativity of children.

I think technology isn't dampening the creativity of children instead it is helping them to explore new ideas and ways to a thing in a more creative manner. It helps children to make their projects and also in completing their assignments in a better way. The user shouldn't overuse technology & use it in a wise manner.

• No technology isn't dampening the creativity of children

Technology is not dampening the creativity of children instead it helps children to make projects and completing their assignments. One should not overuse technology. We get different ideas from it about how to make our project. But, we should use our own creativity to make them. It also gives the user a chance to lean and explore new ideas and creative styles of doing that things

• Beause day by day we should ourselves modiefy the way we are creating things

It gives us different ideas about the project we are doing so I do'nt think technology daampening the creativity of chilren. And also we can put our ideas into the technology so that any different thing will be created and we can take ideas by taking the help of computers , internet and all.

• Enhance the creativity of the child

It helps the children to explore their ideas and creativity by giving them a chance of more lively approach. Today students are taught with the help of projectors so that they can see and understand better what they are learning .Nothing can be better than this method of learning and understanding.

• No, If we keep it limited!!!

No, I don't think so because only access use of technology can cause damage not limited use. It's a tool in our hands if we use it wisely we would be on the safer side and of course access use can dampen your creativity. So if we keep it limited then we would never dampen our creativity.

• Technology is not at all dampening creativity

Before there was TV and video games a child had to rely on their own skills in art, music, etc. To produce tangible artwork to show others. If they weren't good at art, music, sculpting, etc., they were left with only their dreams and imagination but no way to bring it to life. For those kids, can't you say that TV and video games give them art to work from and create new art by them reshaping it into something new?