• Slow Down, Please!

Technology in today's world is moving WAY too fast. Sometimes I feel like I'm on an amusement park ride that hasn't allowed me time to fasten myself in before taking off, and that if I don't hold on for dear life, I'll be thrown aside. This rapid advancement in technology won't end well for humanity, like frantically trying to lay down tracks ahead of an oncoming bullet-train.
    Is this really necessary? Do we really need PS4's and XboxOne's and brand new cell phones that seem to come out EVERY SINGLE WEEK?
    Humanity is still suffering from the same diseases that plagued us back in the 20th, and here we are, in 2016, focused only on these short-term pleasure, fleeting technologies. If humanity doesn't slow down and take the time to allow itself to catch up with all this advanced tech its developing, it WILL be the end of us.

• Think about it, from the 90s (and early 2000s) technology was rare and was barely used, now its a must have

Its developing way too fast, and the 2000s, there was a couple of desktops and the internet was such a luxury at the time. Only the rich could afford flip phones. Now look at 2015. EVERYONE has an iPhone, even children as young as 5 get iPads, iPhones, laptops, and this generation has become a techy kinda place. Imagine a span of 15 years, who knows what would happen in 2030! Or 2050! I couldnt even imagine...

• TV, Video Games, and sometimes Music

TV and Video Games have shown futuristic abilities, such as, Exoskeleton/Exosuit, Time Travel, and Integrated AI in the simplest household items. Now, I've been hearing on the Student News, that a scientist at Duke is experimenting with telekinesis on monkeys. Having them move EXOSKELETONS just by thinking about it. This is only one reason, I think technology is advancing too quickly.

• Yes it is

Have you ever heard of the God particle its particle accelerator-an atomic peashooter the most powerful one ever build and they are going to do it again but stronger and the first one they didn't even know what was going to happen now they are making something even more powerful and dangerous, the scientists only know very little about this experiment.

• Stop! Right now!!!

We should've decided when to stop. By always getting more and more in the way of technology, we are violating Psalm 23, verse 1. ("The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.") The technological expansion is a violation of that verse because it promotes wanting. Besides, if the technological expansion was slower, we'd be better able to objectively see what works, what might work and what doesn't work.

• Yea, and that's why we are doomed

I believe that for almost every positive there's a negative so when we chose to imortolize sick humans, we only let the sick genes into the pool and let next gen fix it. We removed all of Darwins theory which i blame as the doomer. Same with oil, sure it gives is fuel and heat, but every other spicies van survive without it. And by pc and commercils sure it works, but does it really needs to be there? I always ens up depressed egen i stat inside for to long at least.

• Due to this, you waste money and become a blind follower of technology...

Remember 12years ago when we use to have mobile phones with green display? We were happy with that, even when color lcd came, but now one after another hi-tech phones comes out yet now we are not happy, we just want the latest. Look, Samsung s4 came out last year, its barely been a year now s5 is coming out. Its too soon. Its all about the money and trend.

Same with laptops i3, i5 and i7 now you have touch screen etc. and most people don't know a damn thing except its the latest model. Some are marketing gimmicks.

• Absolutely Yes Target

A few geeks in a room can quickly change a line of code that has repercussions beyond the ability for the rest of the geeks to acclimate and secure their systems to prevent errors, losses, viruses, or any other myriad of problems. We can't keep up! Anyone heard of Target?

• Yes and no actually

I think people are more weary of the rapid change in non-essential technologies than the rapid advance in technology over all. I am aggravated by the rapid change in technologies such as cell phones, personal computers, televisions and automobiles (these items are inevitably in our lives everyday, all day and their rapid changes are not essential to our lives and are unnatural to our own daily progressions as flesh and bone human beings). On the other hand, the technologies that we do not interact with everyday, but can have a significant impact on the quality of our lives such as medical, environmental and food technologies should move along as fast as they can.

• Too fast for us

We used to not even have such problems as anorexia and obesity! Use too, technology aided man kind, not hindered it! Ads using photoshop teach kids the wrong things. They see a beautiful woman that is super skinny, anorexic even, and they compare themselves to that! Technology has made it possible to not even leave your home to reseave groceries and clothing. How absurb! Technology has passed our time

• No no no no no no no no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Absolutely not, technology is not moving too fast.

If you really think about it like this, if technology was not improving every day and you had a disease and you needed surgery how would you cure it, you would die because the technology would not be there. Or what if you wanted to go to work or go out somewhere how would get there if there was no cars ? Would ride bike or ride a horse like the old days? Technology is improving to help people not to destroy the way of humanity.

• Its not progressing to fast

Technology is beneficial to the way we live. EVERYTHING we do each day includes some form of technology. Making toast in the toaster, the faucet sink to brush our teeth, the cars we ride to work and school. Each day engineers and technology enthusiests look for ways to improve that. Technology is moving us into the future and will help us solve many of our problems and even save lives!

• No, technology is not progressing too quickly.

Technology is progressing at the exact rate that it was meant to. It does not make sense to state or determine that it is progressing too quickly, especially since our culture is demanding the progress. We are putting large emphasis on the future development of better and newer technology in society today.

• Technology is almost on par with what I expected.

Until I can live to be 200 years old with 80% of my body replaced with technology, I wont be satisfied!

On a more serious note, technology is used to better the world. The only people who should be saying "yes" to this are greedy business people who want to profit on every single advancement of society. The more humane and intelligent route is to make all technology open source to accelerate the already rapid development of technology.

I'm not talking about things like games and apps or even smartphones. That stuff is a luxury and meaningless, I don't care if that has competition. It's expensive, not a necessary part of life and full of piracy when good things do come from it.

Medical technology, like the Da Vinci robot, are miracles of technology and human effort. All resources should be pooled until essential services are perfected with technology. This includes health services, transportation and power/environmental concerns. After those basic needs are met, then minor improvements and styles can be competitive. Until that point, greed is an unnecessary evil slowing progress.

• This is an issue?

Wow... So maybe we should just tell these people who are bettering the world every few seconds "Hey pal, slow down, I want my iPhone to be cool longer!" No! I love the article that's below mine! We should have had electric cars in the 80's! Technology is a miracle! Treat it as such! Every day people are working on curing cancer and making computers to change the world forever! Every day we come up with new ways to educate our children! I mean come on people! We need to go faster!

• Not Progressing Fast Enough

Americans should have had electric cars in the 1980s after the Arab Oil Embargo of the 1970s. Technology isn't progressing fast enough. There is no reason why every American should not have their own solar panels, wind turbines and automated house. Technology isn't progressing fast enough for medical advances in nanotechnology and cures for Alzheimers and Parkinson's.

• Of course not!

It isn't progressing fast enough. Medical technology advances help people everyday, why would you want that slow down? Also, I don't know if you've realized, but we cant just burn coal forever. We need to advance our technology enough to create a clean, sustainable energy source. technology can also be useful to the military. Drones and IED diffusing robots have saved soldiers lives countless times.