• Yes, I believe it is reaching epidemic proportions.

As a former public school teacher, I was witness to far to many teenagers who became pregnant. What is bothersome in this day and age is that there is absolutely no shame in being pregnant while still in school and unmarried. None. These girls are often taught sex ed for free in the school, frequently have birth control options available for free and still they become pregnant. Their friends will throw them baby showers, be their birthing coaches and often babysit with them once the baby arrives. The fathers aren't held to any kind of responsibility and all to frequently impregnate multiple girls, taking zero responsibility for any of their children. Who ends up caring for these hapless babies? Too often it is their grandparents.

• Yes teen pregnancy is getting out of control.

I think teen pregnancy is getting out of hand, kids are having sex way too young, they are not ready to raise a child. I am tired of seeing grandmothers raising their children's children. Also TV needs to stop making shows glorifying teen pregnancy, that just makes children feel these type of things are O.K.

• I Agree...There are Too Many Pregnant Teens

As a 15-year-old cisgender girl, most of my friends are teenage females. And, I know this is stereotypical, but many of them are not virgins. Some of them were smart enough to use protection their first time, but others weren't. I've seen 3 teenagers get pregnant in this school year alone. And it's really hard on them. I mean, for one thing, they have people in their faces all the time asking about what they will do with the baby, if the conception was consensual, etc. They're literally interrogated by other students everyday, and they don't like it. For another thing, teens do not typically have the money to take care of a child. I know adoption and abortion are options, but most people don't choose that. If I got pregnant, I know I wouldn't keep the baby, but not every female thinks the way I do. Many teens decide to keep their babies, and they struggle to support them.

• Teen pregnancy has been decreasing since the 50s or so, according to statistics.

The main issue is that we are glorifying it on television... But birth control has become more available, times have changed. Even if kids don't get sex ed at school, they can easily Google anything at home. Teen pregnancy is dying, girls know more at a younger age, and maybe are making better choices.

• Teen pregnancy is an issue that shouldn't exist

Whether it's discussed online, written about it newspapers, or watched by others on shows like Teen Mom and Sixteen and Pregnant, there's no denying that teen pregnancy receives a lot of attention as an issue being faced worldwide, which in many places could be avoided altogether due to the availability of birth control options. Teen pregnancy is becoming a trend because there are a lot of teens who think that it is cool to become moms way too early, rather than take precautions during sex and avoid the issue. Something needs to be done about teen pregnancy once and for all.

• Yes yes yes

It needs to stop kids shouldnt be having kids its unhealthy. Dumb. And a waste of a life force that cud be born later on in life in the right time in the right setting where it wont have to know struggling for anything in its life. Girls should grow up turn from teens to women and do something with their life before they have kid. Just saying And this is coming from a teen. No offense but i do not support teen moms at all. Nope. Where a condom. Take the pill. Plan b . Or abortion.

• Depends on the person.

If you are mentally older and truly want to become a parent for a serious reason and understand the responsibilities and have assessed the financial and social well being of you and your partner.
    By all means go for gold. But if you are not in the above don't have a child.

• Out of Control!

I am a teen myself and I feel that teen pregnancy is becoming a trend. There are a lot of teens who think that it is cool to become moms way too early. Most do it bevause their friends do it and they think that their friends are happy. But what they do not see is that everyones situation is different. They may not be as fortunate as their friend who had a baby.

• Yes

It has been said that teen pregnancy is not as common as it used to be today, but the view of teen pregnancy has certainly changed whether that is true or not. Plus, even if pregnancy rates are lower today they are also far more preventable and it really shouldn't be as high of a problem as it is. Birth control and condoms are easily and discreetly available to teenagers. Today there are shows like Teen Mom and Sixteen and Pregnant which, while they may not show teen pregnancy as something glamorous, they do show teenagers who got pregnant and essentially became famous for that reason alone despite their struggles. There are things in the news about pregnancy pacts as well and shows like The Secret Life of the American Teenager which is about teen pregnancy. Even when it is painted in a negative light, it is still seen as a way to achieve notoriety.

• Statistics show teen pregnancy is decreasing.

In spite of the popularity of television programs such as MTV's 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom, statistics actually show that teen pregnancy is dropping. During the last census, teen pregnancy had dropped 8% from the previous year. Better education and the availability of contraceptives, seemingly, is deterring instances of teen pregnancy.

• It's only a problem if you view it that way.

Teenage pregnancy has been going down for the past decades, and it has always been around. One's age of procreation should not be enough to determine what the outcomes will be. I was fifteen when I had my daughter and she was healthy. I'm graduating top ten percent of my class with honors. Her father and I pay sales, income, and business taxes. How are we any more different than another family started at later ages?

• Not really

It's certainly a problem and not one I'm trying to dismiss, but it's been problematic for at least a decade now and hasn't had any major spikes that upgrade it from what it already was to something completely out of control. Safe, responsible sex decisions need to be encouraged and not demonized, it's really all we can do.

• No it is not getting out of control.

It is going down in statistics, people are learning now how to be really safe, yes, people might start a bit younger but they know how to be safe and all. Prior to all of us in this generation, people were getting married already at the ages of 17 and everything and so they were already having kids at a really young age, so it has gone down in the years and is personally not getting out of control.

• Is tern pregnancy actually a really bad thing or not

If teenage pregnancy is such a bad thing, morally ethically potlitacly wrong , why is there body ready in the first place. And if it's morally and ethically right for adults why do birth defects and risks increase as you get older. We were made to move fast in life than we are .

• Teen Pregnancy Is Not Abnormal Or Necessarily Negative

The modern day teenager has not been around for as long as people think it has. The first teenagers were created around the 1940's leading up to the 1960's counterculture uproar. Prior to this, so called teens were married, having children, working, and being adults. The age of adulthood was lowered and the age of childhood was extended, but just because you dub someone a child does not make them a child. Nature does not change to fit man-made time tables, such as when someone is an adult and when they are not. The only thing that I personally believe is wrong with "teenage" pregnancy is SEXUAL ACTIVITY OUT OF WEDLOCK. Instead of tearing down "teen" parents we need to encourage them to be the best parents that they can be, support them, and above all INSTILL VALUES IN OUR CHILDREN BEFORE THEY HAVE REACHED AN AGE IN WHICH THEY ARE ABLE TO REPRODUCE. The only reason for the problems (exp. Higher chance of behavioral issues) we've seen in some teen parents' children is the judgement, bullying, and mistreatment that has been given to teen parents. A teen parent is just as capable of raising a child as an older parent. We as a society need to change our approach and make sure that we make it known that before planning for a child there are certain things that you need to successfully parent. We also need to make known that if you have an unplanned pregnancy it is your responsibility to prepare for that child, but you will have support.