• Kids watch far too much television.

Kids watch murders and violence on television very frequently this desensitizes them to violence and our schools are being filled with more and more violent students every year.

Even kids shows and family shows often show children who speak rudely to adults and kids do copy this behavior.

If you think people don't copy behavior from televisions remember all the times when you or someone else has said a line from a TV show to be funny, or said it the way an actor says it.

Our brain remembers we see on TV in the same way that it remembers real events. To our subconscious minds everything we saw on TV we saw for real.

• It's disgusting how much T.V children watch

T.V may bring culture into our living rooms, but isn't it better to EXPORE the world OR READ magazines because the world is starting to believe that they can do anything without doing anything. Literally, people are laying on their couches surfing the channels 24/7! It's just a box people!

• Inappropriate porn shows

Children's instincts are based on random. They may find shows like these. It happened to mine. Don't let it happen again. Also it can burn out there eyes. Be careful. Watch your kids. Get child blocks or get a cable that doent show shows like these. That life for You.

• Ho hoo hou

If the television they watch is not controlled children often watch violent and inappropriate programs that they can not really understand. Due to this children can fight with other children and harm them, without realizing what they are doing simply because they saw it on TV. Watching too much TV can also prevent people from going outside, and socializing which are necessary in life.

Some children watch TV so much that they daydream it anywhere they are, in school or otherwise. Some of them think and talk about programs they've seen when lessons are going on. They develop ideas based on what they've seen on television. My stand is that TV causes distractions, teaches them bad words, cheating, fighting, smoking (yes, when a little boy/girl rolls a paper and acts like a smoker), revenge and other vices. Parents have a lot in their hands to check what they see on TV.

Children are the most precious things we have. We can't ruin them by letting them watch violent movies when were not looking. The also can hear inappropriate languages and say these words at home which some parents find irritating and surprised. T.V. will run our kids life. In my opinion kids should not T.V. often.

• Do you think they learn things?

According to the research, not just children but people started to forget things after watching TV. People in the old days used to have great memory but now, they don't. Plus, your head gets zoned often. Even some kids TV shows are bad and most of them are adult shows. They stop playing outside and they get much less excersize. Plus, kids don't really watch TV so I don't really think they will learn things unless their parents make them watch it. In addition, kids won't understand words in the news because it is so hard.

• Bad influence on children!!

• Yes, television can be a bad influence on children.

Children are like sponges, and they absorb the information they hear and see, whether it's from parents, peers, or the television, and then sometimes they will emulate it. Because of this, the television can be a bad influence. They can become desensitized to violence, pick up foul language, and other things that parents may not approve of.

• Television is a bad influence on children

Kids start watching these movies or episodes and some of them have bad language and behavior and next thing you know they are cursing and behaving really nasty and that is not good
    but that is depending on what the kid is watching.
    So in my opinion I think that television is a bad influence for kids

• Of coarse yesss

Most kids plug into the world of television long before they enter school. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF):

two-thirds of infants and toddlers watch a screen an average of 2 hours a day
    kids under age 6 watch an average of about 2 hours of screen media a day, primarily TV and videos or DVDs
    kids and teens 8 to 18 years spend nearly 4 hours a day in front of a TV screen and almost 2 additional hours on the computer (outside of schoolwork) and playing video games
    The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that kids under 2 years old not watch any TV and that those older than 2 watch no more than 1 to 2 hours a day of quality programming.

The first 2 years of life are considered a critical time for brain development. TV and other electronic media can get in the way of exploring, playing, and interacting with parents and others, which encourages learning and healthy physical and social development.

• No no no

Of course not. Television brings the world into our living rooms, and in order to be people who can connect with others and be socially aware, children need to see television. Life doesn't happen in a bubble. Should they see graphic things and disturbing things? No, of course not, not until they're of an age where they can handle such realities. But television is not a bad influence; it is our culture.

• Television is not bad

If television is bad because it has violence in it, then books and art works must be bad too. Books and Art Works can do the same things that TV does and we do not condemn that, we welcome it and make our children read it. If television is bad because it says "bad" words, we made them up and studies at prominent schools show that the F word releases a good chemical into your brain, so then why is it bad?

• No, but it does depend on what they watch!

I have a 2 1/2 year old that watches a limited amount (1 hour) of t.v. per day. He has great verbal skills for his age but acts like a typical 2 year old. The only shows I let him watch are slower-paced shows that typically have a good message. Oswald, Caillou, Curious George, and Thomas are the primary one's he's watched under my care. He has seen a Cars inspired show called Mater's Tall Tales (which I can't stand) at his babysitters house but other than that, he is pretty regulated. We don't have regular t.v. and watch everything through Netflix/Amazon Prime. They can learn valuable lessons from some shows and it can be explained in a different way that the parent would think to explain it. If he is confused or has questions about something he saw on a show, I am right there watching with him to help clarify if needed. I know some parents that are so selfish that rather then be "annoyed" by the kids shows that are geared to kids, they let their little one's watch ADULT shows like Futurama, Family Guy, The Regular Show, the Simpsons, etc....I find that disturbing. SpongeBob, Fairly Odd Parents etc...Are too fast-paced, disrespectful, and obnoxious to EVER make their way into my house. I feel that many of the Pixar/Disney etc...Shows are more focused on adult humor (granted it goes over most kids' heads) but still...I am not going to the movie as an adult expecting to be entertained and I am ok with that. That ship has long sailed. I made the sacrifice to myself for having a kid that interaction with my kid on an interpersonal level, reading to them, providing them with experiences rather then things as much as possible, is key to a developmentally "advanced" human that I am responsible for raising and sending out into the world. It seems too many parents want to be "cool" instead of "good". I am sure my kid will feel odd for not knowing who certain characters are or what products he is "supposed" to have, but I will just teach him that not everyone has their own opinion on what's appropriate and we'll work it out as needed. As he gets older, I'd like him to be more interested in science and math and will expose him to shows that exhibits that.

• It depends on what they watch!

I have a 2 1/2 year old that watches a limited amount (1 hour) of t.v. per day. He has great verbal skills for his age but acts like a typical 2 year old. The only shows I let him watch are slower-paced shows that typically have a good message. Oswald, Caillou, Curious George, and Thomas are the primary one's he's watched under my care. He has seen a Cars inspired show called Mater's Tall Tales (which I can't stand) at his babysitter's house but other than that, he is pretty regulated. We don't have regular t.v. and watch everything through Netflix/Amazon Prime. They can learn valuable lessons from some shows and it can be explained in a different way that the parent would think to explain it. If he is confused or has questions about something he saw on a show, I am right there watching with him to help clarify if needed. I know some parents that are so selfish that rather then be "annoyed" by the kids shows that are geared to kids, they let their little one's watch ADULT shows like Futurama, Family Guy, The Regular Show, the Simpsons, etc....I find that disturbing. SpongeBob, Fairly Odd Parents etc...Are too fast-paced, disrespectful, and obnoxious to EVER make their way into my house. I feel that many of the Pixar/Disney etc...Shows are more focused on adult humor (granted it goes over most kids' heads) but still...I am not going to the movie as an adult expecting to be entertained and I am ok with that. That ship has long sailed. I made the sacrifice to myself for having a kid that interaction with my kid on an interpersonal level, reading to them, providing them with experiences rather then things as much as possible, is key to a developmentally "advanced" human that I am responsible for raising and sending out into the world. It seems too many parents want to be "cool" instead of "good". I am sure my kid will feel odd for not knowing who certain characters are or what products he is "supposed" to have, but I will just teach him that not everyone has their own opinion on what's appropriate and we'll work it out as needed. As he gets older, I'd like him to be more interested in science and math and will expose him to shows that exhibits that.

• I don't think so!!

Television is not a bad influence to children, the can actually learn something good in some shows which will make them happy, educated, making them artistic with wonderful ideas coming from wonderful pictures and colors, entertain themselves and learn some new good English words. The only bad influence is when the parents leave the small children alone and let them watch anything without them caring about them, like violence and inappropriate stuff at that age plus parents change the channels if they know that if the show is not good for their children.

• Tv is a good influence

I think TV is a good influence based on other studies shown. TV actually helps stretch a kids mind by adding educational shows. Of course you still DO want to limit your child's screen time to 1-2 hours a day. It is good for your child to learn healthy screen time habits.

• Of course nottttttt

Television brings the world into our living rooms, and in order to be people who can connect with others and be socially aware, children need to see television. Life doesn't happen in a bubble. Should they see graphic things and disturbing things? No, of course not, not until they're of an age where they can handle such realities. But television is not a bad influence; it is our culture.

• They learn things

Television is not a bad influence on kids. First, they learn a lot of basics things, like color and numbers, to take care of your things, care of your family members and friends, to be organized at school. There are also different television programs that helps them to talk better and keeps increasing their way of thinking.

• Is television a bad influence on children.?

No. Television is not a bad influence on children because people are capable of changing the channel if the show they are watching is not appropriate for their child. I believe children should be allowed to watch what they want. Also shows usually bleep out the bad words or mean things people say on their shows.

• No, it is not.

Television is not a bad influence on TV. TV can educate, and engage children with interesting pictures and colors, along with cute story lines to make them want to watch more, or to entertain them while they learn. The only bad influence would be if the parents let the children watch inappropriate shows at young ages.

• Of course not.