Is television a negative (yes) or positive (no) influence on children?

• I think so because

With all these new stupid kid shows coming out on Nick, cartoon network,Disney, etc. it's teaching kid to be just as stupid as the characters. Back in the day it was OK because people thought less of fart jokes and making fun of people as "funny", and more on show development.

• Kdkdodo,did,d,mc,d,mmmmk making. Jkkm

I fund. Dhdhruenenun. Don't g f f. T t. R rr. R r rr. R r r. R r f f. F. F f f. F f f f f. F. F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f g h. G g. C

• Kdkdodo,did,d,mc,d,mmmmk making. Jkkm

• Not that good

I think that there is not a lot of good that comes from the tv channels in this country today. I think that it is having a bad impact on kids, and that we need to do more to make sure that they are not shown a lot of bad things.

• Television is a negative influence on children

Television is a negative influence on children, and couldn't have been any more over the past 20 years. Since the early 1990's, television shows, movies, and reality shows have gone from bad to worse. They are showing more drugs, violence, sex, language and more bad influence that our children don't need to see. What our children need to see is honest people doing good things in the world, not fake celebrities and horrible movie stars.

• Doesn't Have To Be Bad

I do not believe television is either inherently negative or inherently positive as an influence on children. I believe television is what you make it. There are programs for all age groups and there are a variety of education programs as well. If you make the right selections it can be positive, if you make the wrong selections it can be negative.

• I think it is negative.

The world has become a safer place and all of that, but I think during the developmental years of a child's life, television is a detriment. They have to be out and doing things, making those connections in the brain. Building an athletic base. You know, they have to go out and be humans.

• Yes, television is a negative influence on children.

I think that there is more for a child to gain and learn from not watching television. But that doesn't mean that any negative effects a child may get from watching tv cannot be counteracted by good parenting. A child should learn about the world from school and his or her parents.