• No, absolutely not!!!

Television is great electrical equipment for adults to use while they are bored. On the other hand, children watch television will be wasting their time. There are so many things they can do instead of watching television. They can learn instruments, play outside, study etc.

Furthermore it can cause great deals of damages to your eyes. Many people have bad eye sign for they watch too much television.

• Watching tv undo relationships

With their families even educational tv is bad because you spend less time with your family friends and outdoor activity. Kids should get off the couch and get outside. Plus if kids don't watch educational tv there either watching violent tv or sexual activity tv witch is very bad for children. Because they might put these things they watch on tv into practice. So that is why tv is really bad for kids

• I believe TV can be bad

If children would watch more things like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel it would be more acceptable but that just doesn't happen very often. I watch quite a lot of this program extensively over cartoons or similar things and I think it would be very good if children would watch channels like this as it would encourage them to get active and follow ideas shown to them by shows like mythbusters or the likewise.

• Keep Yourself Updated!!!!

I don't understand WHY people think television is bad!
    Television keeps you updated, People need and want to know what's happening around the world or what temperature it is, right.
    You wouldn't get the weather in the newspaper would you?
    News on television is much faster to access than a newspaper.
    I am 98.5% sure that newspapers are sent out every Sunday.
    I personally think that television is good for you!

• Its very really bad like its terrible

Certainly isn't true that every child who watches a lot of violence will become a school shooter, it just the point.Only a very tiny amount of kids actually commit criminal violence. But even those children who don't, they may become more frightened. Would you want you little girl or little boy looking at this bad show. This world is already filled with horrible people.How much television do you, or your children, watch in an average day? People spend hours watching television, which is sucking the life out of our physical and mental health. It also increases obesity. Students spend more time watching television and neglect studies and learning. The only solution to escape the enormous dangers of television is completely to abandon it.When the television is turned off, you will find plenty of time for other activities.Yes the children might not like or love the fact of cancel television, but it will get the kids to go outside and see some day light what every kid needs. Maybe some kids will go to church. Adults should encourage outdoor activities like, swimming, horse riding, archery, etc. American children spend an average of 6 hours, 32 minutes each day watching TV or using the Internet, video games, and radio.

• Its very really bad like its terrible

• Television can be violent

You can get fat for watching too much TV. You can have nightmares or something stuck in your brain forever. Emotional people would think really hard about what they saw and won't sleep because of their thinking is also bad for kids eyes.TV is a bad influence to kids because of the things above.

• Terrible TV ?

I think TV is bad for children because (if let) a child will stay glued to this machine forever. They aren't getting any exercise from this practice and in fact are getting obese. As well as this children may stay up to a late hour and accidentally watch inappropriate programs. Also a child may get influenced by these films and could start copying bad actions, such as swearing and hitting.
    By Saf

• It is really harmful

A child can see educational channels but watching cartoons and serials is really useless.If in the whole world children who watch discovery or any other channel related to studies then in my opinion there would be only 30%.At last it is proved that tv viewing IS harmful for growing children

• I think tv is bad

If you have noticed at almost any party there is a TV... Because it is entertaining for people.
    It is not about the Entertanment but about the ideas that kids get when they see something. For example Myth Busters, now good luck telling yourself you don't have an idea after you watch one of those shows. It just kind of lets kids see and think of there own things and might just get them outside doing something active. The best thing is that they are outside and not waisting there time, addicted to the TV.

• No it isn't

I personally learned a lot from watching television. I think it matters what kids watch, and how much of it per day. I learned to read from watching PBS (Between the Lions and Reading Rainbow were two of PBS' best shows), not to mention other skills like basic math, grammar, etc. Added onto the channels like History Channel, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, etc, there are several ways TV can help kids out, or at least help get them interested in different things. And watching cartoons for an hour or two a day won't kill anyone, I'd spend a lot more than that watching TV some days, and I turned out just fine (or so I am told :P) I'm not stupid, I'm not illiterate, I'm not obese. People need to stop ragging on the TV. Sure it isn't the greatest way to spend your time, but it surely isn't the worst.

• It's not gonna kill children

I even LEARN stuff on tv... Yeah... Take a minute to some that in... Thanks to the Big Bang Theory... My sisters 6 year old knows what HYDROLIC ACID is. Nowadays on the kids channel they include learning stuff (which is okay with me.. /:) it is just the annoying "Got milk?" But I guess that is because I'm halfway between vegetarian and vegan

• There are lots of good educational shows on television.

Yes there are violent shows. I'll be the first to admit that. But there are a lot more educational shows than violent TV shows. Just because there are some violent TV shows does not mean that people should ban television. Parents should watch TV with them and block tose violent shows. The result of this that a) families can spend family time together and b) kids can get smarter and know more.

• It's not the television, it's the child.

I grew up watching cartoons and anime that were just constant fighting, involved guns and blood, sexual, etc. and I don't get into fights or have any violent tendencies, I'm not that into guns or hunting, and I've been with my girlfriend for a year and we're both against having sex so young (17). I get good grades, take college classes in high school, have a good job, preparing to get a bachelor's degree and go into the Air Force for a bit, was never much into sports but I was in track for while. I honestly think it just depends on the child, because considering what I watched as a kid and how I turned out it just doesn't add up. Even now I still watch some pretty violent, blood-filled, swearing, sexual movies/shows and it doesn't seem to rub off on me at all.

• No, television is not bad for children.

It can be, however there are several channels that can educate children or influence them to do better things. Sesame Street and other children's shows are helpful to our society by teaching kids. There are shows that include a lot of violence and mature language but those things can be avoided and parents can block certain channels on their televisions. Besides, children can learn from mature shows and know what's going on in the real world and that there is harm and danger in the world, they will know to keep safe and parents can teach the kids about sexual predators and/or killers.

• I don't think so......

First of all kids need to have some fun life and relax and all but you should treat your child not to watch bad stuff and all for grown ups or something but I do know that they can watch it but not for 3 hours only for half an hour that is a good idea

• Television is good

Televisions are good because they provide us to a better life and make us know about what is happening around the world. Television can make a child learn different skills and tricks and also it's good for their after life. I'm strongly saying television is good for children, it's sure.

• It's not going to hurt anyone

I watch TV quite often but I still have enough time to watch TV. I went to my friends house the other day and her 3 year old was watching TV and she was talking to the TV because Dora the explorer was on. Anyone it has been invented. So you can't just take TV away from kids. Yes, I am only eleven, but I am not overweight and I enjoy exercise and now because of my exams I hardly will watch TV until the end of term.

• It would depend on the content.

There are many learning televised shows such as, Sesame Street, Dora, Diego, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, etc. So it would depend on the content that is being watched. Obviously no one is going to put on a rated "M" or "A" for a child to see. But like I said many learning experienced television run's on certain channels. My father knew a lot about a lot of different things because he would turn on Discovery channel, National Geographic, and the History Channel.

• Parents can control the amount of television a child watches.

Television can be used as an educational tool for children. Most young children learn their alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, and many other things through television. Parents are responsible for what they allow their child to see. Cable and satellite has parental controls, where the parents can control what they want their children to be exposed to, too.