• Unhealthy television shows

Too much TV can affect a child’s social skills immensely in a negative way. Children who do not get out of the house for at least an hour or two a day will be more likely to become a depressed teenager. Children who watch violent TV and play violent video games are twenty-five percent more likely to act out violent behavior in real life. Children who do not develop good social skills in their younger life will have a harder time in the workforce when they are an adult.

• Yes it is

No one ever claimed that watching TV was healthy, but doctors are only now discovering just how bad it can be.
    Evidence from a spate of recent studies suggests that the more TV you watch, the more likely you are to develop a host of health problems and to die at an earlier age.
    In a new analysis published this week in the Journal of the American Medical Association, researchers combined data from eight such studies and found that for every additional two hours people spend glued to the tube on a typical day, their risk of developing type 2 diabetes increases by 20% and their risk of heart disease increases by 15%.
    And for every additional three hours the study participants spent in front of the TV, their risk of dying from any cause during the respective studies jumped 13%, on average.
    Health.Com: The worst habits for your heart
    "When put together, the findings are remarkably consistent across different studies and different populations," says Frank Hu, M.D., a professor of nutrition and epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health, in Boston, Massachusetts, who coauthored the analysis.
    The increased risk of disease tied to TV watching "is similar to what you see with high cholesterol or blood pressure or smoking," says Stephen Kopecky, M.D., a cardiologist and professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, who was not involved in the research. The new analysis, he adds, "elevates the importance of the sedentary lifestyle" as a risk factor.
    "[TV watching] is not a good behavior for you no matter where you are in life, whether you're young or old," Kopecky says.
    Health.Com: 10 signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes
    Extended TV watching has reached epidemic proportions, especially in the U.S.
    Around the world, people spend more time engaged in this pastime than in any other activity except working and sleeping, but by one estimate the average American spends no fewer than five hours a day in front of the TV -- more than Europeans and Australians.
    "That's a lot," Hu says.
    The connection between TV and disease isn't a mystery. TV watching eats up leisure time that could be spent walking, exercising, or even just moving around, and it has also been linked to unhealthy diets, including consuming too much sugar, soda, processed food, and snacks -- foods, perhaps not coincidentally, that are often found in television commercials.
    Health.Com: 25 junk foods you should never eat
    What's more, some studies suggest that prolonged sitting, over and above its impact on eating habits and exercise, may cause metabolism changes that contribute to unhealthy cholesterol levels and obesity.
    "This is really the couch-potato syndrome," Hu says. "These are extremely sedentary people who spend several hours on a couch watching TV. They're very passive and their energy expenditure is very low, even compared to other sedentary behaviors like sitting and reading, or sitting while driving."

• Tv Crazed Children

There are underlying messages in most TV programmes children watch - most of them revolve around violence. Its not safe for a child to watch in excess. The children are watching their favourite characters be attacked by others. For example ' Tom and Jerry' the cat is chasing the mouse and attempting to hurt him? The children have a sponge-like memory - it can be easily shaped. How do we know that one day the children will believe this kind of behaviour is acceptable in day-to-day life?

• No, absolutely not!!!

Television is great electrical equipment for adults to use while they are bored. On the other hand, children watch television will be wasting their time. There are so many things they can do instead of watching television. They can learn instruments, play outside, study etc.

Furthermore it can cause great deals of damages to your eyes. Many people have bad eye sign for they watch too much television.

• Watching tv undo relationships

With their families even educational tv is bad because you spend less time with your family friends and outdoor activity. Kids should get off the couch and get outside. Plus if kids don't watch educational tv there either watching violent tv or sexual activity tv witch is very bad for children. Because they might put these things they watch on tv into practice. So that is why tv is really bad for kids

• I believe TV can be bad

If children would watch more things like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel it would be more acceptable but that just doesn't happen very often. I watch quite a lot of this program extensively over cartoons or similar things and I think it would be very good if children would watch channels like this as it would encourage them to get active and follow ideas shown to them by shows like mythbusters or the likewise.

• Keep Yourself Updated!!!!

I don't understand WHY people think television is bad!
    Television keeps you updated, People need and want to know what's happening around the world or what temperature it is, right.
    You wouldn't get the weather in the newspaper would you?
    News on television is much faster to access than a newspaper.
    I am 98.5% sure that newspapers are sent out every Sunday.
    I personally think that television is good for you!

• Its very really bad like its terrible

Certainly isn't true that every child who watches a lot of violence will become a school shooter, it just the point.Only a very tiny amount of kids actually commit criminal violence. But even those children who don't, they may become more frightened. Would you want you little girl or little boy looking at this bad show. This world is already filled with horrible people.How much television do you, or your children, watch in an average day? People spend hours watching television, which is sucking the life out of our physical and mental health. It also increases obesity. Students spend more time watching television and neglect studies and learning. The only solution to escape the enormous dangers of television is completely to abandon it.When the television is turned off, you will find plenty of time for other activities.Yes the children might not like or love the fact of cancel television, but it will get the kids to go outside and see some day light what every kid needs. Maybe some kids will go to church. Adults should encourage outdoor activities like, swimming, horse riding, archery, etc. American children spend an average of 6 hours, 32 minutes each day watching TV or using the Internet, video games, and radio.

• Its very really bad like its terrible

• Television can be violent

You can get fat for watching too much TV. You can have nightmares or something stuck in your brain forever. Emotional people would think really hard about what they saw and won't sleep because of their thinking is also bad for kids eyes.TV is a bad influence to kids because of the things above.

• No it isn't

I personally learned a lot from watching television. I think it matters what kids watch, and how much of it per day. I learned to read from watching PBS (Between the Lions and Reading Rainbow were two of PBS' best shows), not to mention other skills like basic math, grammar, etc. Added onto the channels like History Channel, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, etc, there are several ways TV can help kids out, or at least help get them interested in different things. And watching cartoons for an hour or two a day won't kill anyone, I'd spend a lot more than that watching TV some days, and I turned out just fine (or so I am told :P) I'm not stupid, I'm not illiterate, I'm not obese. People need to stop ragging on the TV. Sure it isn't the greatest way to spend your time, but it surely isn't the worst.

• It's not gonna kill children

I even LEARN stuff on tv... Yeah... Take a minute to some that in... Thanks to the Big Bang Theory... My sisters 6 year old knows what HYDROLIC ACID is. Nowadays on the kids channel they include learning stuff (which is okay with me.. /:) it is just the annoying "Got milk?" But I guess that is because I'm halfway between vegetarian and vegan

• It's not the television, it's the child.

I grew up watching cartoons and anime that were just constant fighting, involved guns and blood, sexual, etc. and I don't get into fights or have any violent tendencies, I'm not that into guns or hunting, and I've been with my girlfriend for a year and we're both against having sex so young (17). I get good grades, take college classes in high school, have a good job, preparing to get a bachelor's degree and go into the Air Force for a bit, was never much into sports but I was in track for while. I honestly think it just depends on the child, because considering what I watched as a kid and how I turned out it just doesn't add up. Even now I still watch some pretty violent, blood-filled, swearing, sexual movies/shows and it doesn't seem to rub off on me at all.

• Tv is not detrimental to children.

Right now I am 14 and on my school's debate team and I received this topic and I am glad that I received the negative side of this argument. I have personally watched television growing up and I am not just sitting on the couch being a lazy sack of potatoes watching bad television. Most television is not bad these days anyways because of the shows that are really popular are basically educational some examples are: Elementary, Sherlock, Doctor Who, and The Walking Dead. Thank you for listening to my opinion.

• There are lots of good educational shows on television.

Yes there are violent shows. I'll be the first to admit that. But there are a lot more educational shows than violent TV shows. Just because there are some violent TV shows does not mean that people should ban television. Parents should watch TV with them and block tose violent shows. The result of this that a) families can spend family time together and b) kids can get smarter and know more.

• I don't think so......

First of all kids need to have some fun life and relax and all but you should treat your child not to watch bad stuff and all for grown ups or something but I do know that they can watch it but not for 3 hours only for half an hour that is a good idea

• Television is good

Televisions are good because they provide us to a better life and make us know about what is happening around the world. Television can make a child learn different skills and tricks and also it's good for their after life. I'm strongly saying television is good for children, it's sure.

• It's not going to hurt anyone

I watch TV quite often but I still have enough time to watch TV. I went to my friends house the other day and her 3 year old was watching TV and she was talking to the TV because Dora the explorer was on. Anyone it has been invented. So you can't just take TV away from kids. Yes, I am only eleven, but I am not overweight and I enjoy exercise and now because of my exams I hardly will watch TV until the end of term.

• Tv is a bad thing

Why would people spend so much time watching television? Children can't even focus on school work. Television has become the most common way of entertainment and amusement today. It has replaced many fun activities, like sports and reading.Television displays images and stories of bad times, every time you turn on the TV you always see something bad and all the bad show like "Family guy" is putting bad ideas in little people's heads.TV can cause a lot of bad thins. The show family guy showed an episode of the father of the family blowing up a track race and next couple of days or weeks the same thing happened in Boston.It certainly isn't true that every child who watches a lot of violence will become a school shooter, it just the point.Only a very tiny amount of kids actually commit criminal violence. But even those children who don't, they may become more frightened. Would you want you little girl or little boy looking at this bad show. This world is already filled with horrible people.How much television do you, or your children, watch in an average day? People spend hours watching television, which is sucking the life out of our physical and mental health. It also increases obesity. Students spend more time watching television and neglect studies and learning. The only solution to escape the enormous dangers of television is completely to abandon it.When the television is turned off, you will find plenty of time for other activities.Yes the children might not like or love the fact of cancel television, but it will get the kids to go outside and see some day light what every kid needs. Maybe some kids will go to church. Adults should encourage outdoor activities like, swimming, horse riding, archery, etc. American children spend an average of 6 hours, 32 minutes each day watching TV or using the Internet, video games, and radio.

• Its not bad

Its not bad for children for children per say there are many other channels they can watch its up to the parents to say what they can watch set some parental controls . Depending on the kids age set the controls higher or lower. So its not bad for children. There are lots of fun and educational channels to watch.