• Yes, television is bad for us.

Overall, television is definitely bad for us, because it decreases our reliance on the imagination. When people read books, they have to picture the action in their heads, the appearances of characters, etc. This engages more of the brain. Similarly, back when people listened to radio programming (like sitcoms, westerns, etc.), they had to be more active participants in the entertainment. We could also argue that it has desensitized us to various things, like violence and foul language. But, at the very least, it has definitely caused us to be more passively involved in our entertainment.

• TV is not bad for us.

TV is definitely not bad for us. It could be bad subject to certain conditions. I believe it could be harmful for young children that are simply suggestible. But overall, TV is very efficient appliance which provides many information and entertainment. We just neet to know how to use TV correctly.

• Television, in moderation, is not bad for us.

There is some evidence to suggest that watching a moderate amount of television helps people relax. It also stimulates creativity. So, in healthy doses, television can actually have a positive impact on us. It is only when we spend too much time watching television that it becomes something that it turns into a bad habit.

• No not really.

Television only becomes an issue when we watch it too much and do not maintain our health and exercise. The key is to watch it but not become absorbed in it, get up and go outside, or enjoy a new hobby. It is okay to watch some, but that does not make it bad.

• No, it helps us communicate.

No, television is not bad for us, because it has opened up the world to us. Television has allowed us to witness some of the most amazing events in history, for example landing on the moon. Television has allowed us to grieve together as a nation, as we did after September 11 and as we did after JFK's assassination. It has brought us closer together as a people.

• Television Is What You Make It

I do not believe television is inherently bad for us. I believe there are a plethora of options for television viewing, from great films to documentaries, and more. I believe a person can get a lot of information from programming, but can also spend time watching shows for pure entertainment. Either way, I do not believe it to inherently bad.