Is the 2006 Kennedy-McCain Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act (CIRA) a Good Piece of Legislation?

• Immigration Reform is Needed

There is no such thing as perfect legislation, but the McCain immigration policy would have helped out to give millions of illegal immigrants and legal path to citizenship in order to restore their dignity and their ability to support their families in this country. There could always improvements, but path to citizenship is the way to go.

• No, comprehensive immigration reform is not the answer

The problem with any kind of immigration reform is that they all try to satisfy all parties involved. In my opinion there is no way to do this. If true immigration reform is to be implemented, there must be sweeping, systematic changes to the current immigration system. Although I disagree with amnesty, I feel that it is the only way to allow immigrants to come forward and be allowed legal citezenship.