Is the Affordable Care Act better than Obamacare?

Asked by: joebob77
  • Obamacare is terrible!

As you have probably heard, Obama, the creator of Obama Care and U.S. President has tried to shut down the Affordable-Care-Act. This is clearly a mistake and poor choice for all U.S. citizens. See, Obama is trying to make healthcare harder to get by providing U.S. citizens with Obama Care. This is why we need the Affordable-Care-Act, it is much more affordable than Obama Care and will immensely help our economy.

• It saddens me what people will believe.

I can't even begin thinking about the number of Americans who have no clue what they are talking about but will go ahead and argue it anyways. ObamaCare and the Affordable Care Act are literally the same thing, and I have no idea how it is possible to not know that. Too much Fox News?

• OMG I died laughing.

On the other hand, it's sad how ignorant some of our fellow Americans are. They're the same thing, but because one has "Obama" in it, it's automagically OF DE DEBIL!!!11oneone!1

I do recall an article on CNN a few months back mentioning a poll where the respondents were asked if they prefer the ACA or Obamacare. Most people chose the ACA, even though both choices were the same.

• Same as above.

You are asking a question that is pitting the same thing against itself. That is like asking who is better, Mitt Romney or the guy who lost the last election go Obama? If you want to be taken seriously, please post questions that make sense, and know what you are talking about.

Posted by: HSB
  • They are the same thing...

The Affordable Care Act (PPACA or Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) is the same thing as "Obamacare". That is just a colloquial name given to the Affordable Care Act. In other words, "Obamacare" is just slang for Affordable Care Act. Not to be mean, but that is very stupid of you to think that these two are completely different laws when they have the exact same purpose.

Juan_Pablo says2014-06-07T06:55:34.303
The Affordable Care Act IS "Obamacare"!
Formerland1 says2014-06-22T01:03:56.850
I'm in Canada so i don't care ( exept if Obama screws up our pipelines again)
CarterWale says2014-06-22T22:10:54.083
We don't want your pipelines in our country dumbass