• Yes, I believe the Affordable Care Act is unaffordable.

I think the Affordable Care Act, as known as Obamacare, is not what it appears to be. There are so many false promises that are weaved into this act designed to make the average American believe it is a great deal and will provide everyone with excellent health care. That will not happen. When more of it goes into effect on January 1, 2014 many will come to realize the true downfalls of this health care system.

• affordable care act is laughable.

Canada has a wonderful care system. It doesnt matter if you are rich or poor, they have free health care. You don't have to be so sick or dying before you can go to the hospital. I can not afford healthcare because it is still too expensive. I have to wait until I am literally on deaths door before I can go to the emergency room. It seems if we had free healthcare, we would save money in the long run.

• Yes, it is because it causes layoffs.

While the Affordable Care Act is a good idea, in theory, in reality it is has caused more problems than anything else. A spree of layoffs and employment cutbacks have been spawned by this Act to compensate for the channeling of funds from companies. This leaves less available income to support the external costs of medical care. In addition, the Act provides very little for those who need it the most (dental is a very high necessity, as left untended an issue with the teeth can throw off issues with the liver, heart, et cetera). The Act seems like more of a 'feel good' gesture than an actual solution to the problem.

• Yes the Affordable Care Act is unaffordable

Yes, I think that there is evidence in the form of a continually lagging economy that the Affordable Care Act is unaffordable. I think that the Act has done nothing to make treatments less expensive, and have instead have had the opposite effect and drove up the cost of seeing a doctor and getting medical treatment.

• The UnAfforadble Healthcare Act

I am neither Republican nor Democrat, but find myself on the side of being firmly opposed to the Affordable Healthcare Act. I am a 58 year old widow, make a good salary and pay my mortgage, utilities, auto insurance, etc on my own. Because I work hard and make a good wage I am not eligible for any subsidy - my least expensive monthly premium is almost $500 / month. I cannot afford this premium - it will put me in the category of living paycheck to paycheck and not putting anything away for my retirement - which may never happen now because of Affordable Care.

• With respect to the deficit

According to the CBO (congreestional budget office) report they estimate the law will improve the deficit.

This is from page two:
    "Estimated Budgetary Effects from 2012 to 2021: Direct Spending and Revenues The legislation will have a number of effects on the federal budget—including added spending to subsidize the purchase of health insurance and increased outlays for Medicaid, as well as reductions in outlays for Medicare and added revenues from taxes, fees, and penalties. On net, CBO and JCT’s latest comprehensive estimate is that the effects of the two laws on direct spending and revenues related to health care will reduce federal deficits by $210 billion over the 2012–2021 period (see Table 1)."

Here is a link to the entire report.