• The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Wastes Water as Well as Time!

Donating the money would serve folks who have ALS more! Money is required to spur the developments and the research; dumping water on your heads does nothing!

Let's see how many folk dump water on their heads during the winter months later this year!

I bet as soon as the temps drop near freezing no one will dump ice water on themselves.

Its easy to dump water on yourself during a hot summer.

• Water cycle will take care of it.

The water is most of the time being dumped on the ground. The sun will evaporate it back into the atmosphere and rain back into the aquifers.

By the Pro logic, rain is a waste of water. Which is obviously not the case as it does get reinstated into the system.

• Out for the Drought

I'm from California and as some of you might ver well be aware, we're in a drought. The way most people are doing the ice bucket challenge is wasting water. As seen in many videos, they're doing it outside in a yard somewhere. Now if it were done under conditions that the water would be recycled, then I'd be more for it. This is something of a hype with people my age, to hop onto a bandwagon, not doing research on where their money is being donated to or what they're donating to for that matter. Yes, it is raising awareness, but people are just wasting water for a cause they know nothing about.

• No it's not

In the practical sense, the ice bucket challenge is a waste of water as the water is just being thrown over people and therefore it is not being used.However the Ice bucket challenge is very good for raising for a charity ALS. It raises awareness and it gets more people to donate money as each person nominates here other people. Therefore although the water isn't actually being used, it does serve a purpose and is therefore not a waste of water

• No! I Say Again, NO!

No. It is absolutely not. The challenge accomplishes a very important task for those researching a cure for the disease. Acknowledgment. Now half the world knows what ALS is and a good portion of those people are donating something for the cure. No one is going to donate to ALS if they don't know what it is. Furthermore, no one is going to donate unless they are prodded by social media and their peers to do so. It is a fantastic fund-raising tool. I am also sick of literally everyone I know making dumb little videos and posting them on Facebook, but it's for a good cause and it does accomplish something.

• Water cycle will take care of it.

• Have you heard of the Water Cycle?

All water dumped on the ground eventually gets either evaporated back into the sky as clouds, or it will be sucked into the ground. Either way, the water will eventually be put back into our system. Also, the Law of Conservation of Matter states that matter cannot be created or destroyed, only changed, so it's impossible to "destroy" water simply by dumping it on your head.

• In a comparative sense, no.

The ice bucket challenge, while it is using water, is using far, far less than, say, a couple showers, or eating a fraction of meat. It is also being used to help thousands of people. If i were to compare it to any other use of water, it would the second best usage, short of actually drinking it. As it is helping so many people, i wouldn't quite consider it a waste.

• Watch this video and see if you still dislike the ice bucket challenge

This is a video about a young man with ALS who's family members have also experienced the disease. He explains why the ALS challenge is important, and why the awareness campaign has worked so well.

I was getting slightly annoyed at the number of challenges popping into my newsfeed, however after watching the video I felt guilty for those thoughts.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=187w3X_uNNc

KJB says2014-08-22T00:48:09.970
But it raises more money.