Is the American fast food crisis severe enough to merit legislation requiring minimum nutritional guidelines for restaurants to serve food?

• People Make Their Choices

I do not believe there is an American fast food crisis. I do not believe we need the government to require minimal nutritional guidelines for restaurants to serve food. I don't need the government to make such decisions for me. I am well aware of the nutrition value of many of these foods, I don't need a government entity to influence what I eat.

• No, it isn't.

People choose themselves to eat fast food, it isn't the job of the government to get involved and force the restaurants to be more nutritious or healthy. The government could offer incentives for more healthy fast food, such as tax breaks, but legislating limits is going a little bit too far.

• It's our choice.

No, the American fast food crisis is not severe enough to merit legislation requiring minimum nutritional guidelines for restaurants to serve food, because we should still be able to make our own choices. Choosing what we eat is one of the few freedoms that we have left, with all the other rules in this country.

• I think there is a crisis, but we can legislate that

I believe there is an American fast food crisis, and we need to address it. However, no matter how bad our diets are, we can't tell restaurants which food to serve, and we can tell people what to eat via legislation. That isn't a good use of our legal resources and would be too difficult to enforce. Also, the government can't make those decisions for us.