Is the American Hunters and Shooters Association right in advocating for increased gun control?

• They have the right attitude.

Yes, the American Hunters and Shooters Association is right in advocating for increased gun control. The fact is not lost of them that gun related deaths are at an all time high because, despite all the laws and controls, it's still relatively easy for a criminal to get their hands on a firearm.

• Yes, they are.

They are being responsible and understand that with gun ownership comes a great responsibility and that making legislation that could save lives is a good thing. There are too many people who can not handle the responsibility of fire arm ownership in this country and I feel like anything that we can do to keep them away from guns and get them help is a good thing.

• The American Hunters and Shooters Association is right in advocating for increased gun control.

The American Hunters and Shooters Association is right in advocating for increased gun control. I think they are allowed to advocate anyway that they can. I was surprised by this because they make their money off the gun industry. To limit that or downgrade it would just be like them shooting themselves in the foot. Pun intended.

• Less gun control is needed.

Nobody needs more gun control. If gun rights are done away with the only people who will still have access to guns will be the criminals. Gun control is not the problem. When these random shootings occur, these weapons have almost never been obtained legally. Statistics have proven that if we increase gun control, crime will go up. It is much safer when citizens have legal access to guns.

• Not Sure What Their Position Is

I am not certain why the American Hunters and Shooters Association would want to advocate for increased gun control and I believe they should rethink their position. Many people believe further gun controls will send us down a slippery slope which will lead to the banning of all firearms in the future. Why an association based purely on hunting would want to advocate towards such a goal, is beyond me.