Is the average citizen in the United Kingdom knowledgeable about anti-Irish racism?

• Yes they are.

I think that the average citizen in the United Kingdom is knowledgeable about anti-irish racism. I like to think that at least half the population thinks about politics and morals and where people stand with one another which leads me to believe that the average citizen would know at least something about the situation.

• People are very educated

People have been so inundated with talk of racism against certain groups and people over the past few decades that by today, there is no doubt about what racism looks like by people in their regions. People in Britain know what anti Irish racism looks like, the question is what are their thoughts?

• They have lived it.

Yes, the average citizen in the United Kingdom is knowledgeable about anti-Irish racism, because they have lived through it. They are aware of the tensions that still exist. They are aware that people continue to struggle today because of the problems of the past. The United Kingdom has been next door to Ireland and the racism that has occurred, and the pains of the past and present are all too familiar.

• The average citizen in the United Kingdom is knowledgeable about anti-Irish racism.

The history of the conflicts in Northern Ireland are well known to all people in the United Kingdom. It is also clear that a lot of racism and prejudice remains on both sides. In the future, all parties should agree to settle their differences so they can live in peace.

• They don't have to be, it doesn't exist.

I seriously doubt that the average citizen in the United Kingdom is knowledgeable about anti-Irish racism, for the simple fact that it doesn't exist. Sure, in a few rural areas you'd run across some old idiots. But the racism against the Irish is nothing like it was even 30 years ago.