• Asdf asdf asdf

Asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asd fasd fas dfa sdfasd fa sdf asdfasdfasd fasd fasdfasd f asd fsd f sd f d f f f f f f f f f f f f f fa sdf f a sdf f as dfa sdf asdfas df asd fas f as df

• Asdf asdf asdf

• Its right people

I am writing an essay so i need this to be right. Also if you say its not true then your saying millions of other people are wrong too. Like JFK. You wouldn't want that so say its true. Or you will be struck down by the lord our savior.

• Fulfilled Prophecy unlike any other religious or non religious text!

The most convincing other than Jesus’s own acknowledgement of Scripture is the pinpoint accuracy of the prophecies. Because we have the Dead Sea Scrolls we can verify that many of the predictions made about Jesus, Israel, and the Jews were declared before the specified events occurred. A few examples are Psalms 22:16 that describe Jesus’s suffering on the cross “16 Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.17 All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. 18 They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment (NIV).” This verse was written hundreds of years before Jesus was crucified. Micah 5:2 predicts the birth place of Jesus “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me, one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times(NIV).” Isaiah 66:8 foretells the recreation of the nation of Israel in one day, “Who has ever heard of such things? Who has ever seen things like this? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children (NIV).” This prophecy was fulfilled on May 14, 1948. These examples are not even the most specific, there are hundreds of other fulfilled prophecies in the Bible that are more specific, some down to the exact year and locations.

• Why wouldn't it be true?

In my opinion no-one would have taken the time and effort to write a whole library of books which all agree with each other despite being written at different times that show no truth. Many people today accept letters and scriptures from different people in the past without question, however why isn't it the same with the bible? The fact that people have written the same thing over thousands of years suggest that it must be reliable. How could they have known what others have written after them and still manage to get the same sort of story and moral. Even if you don't believe the bible is reliable then just take the contents of it and use it for the good of the world as it really shows the correct morals of life.

• It Applies to Everything.

If you can find a book that applies to everything, then you are looking at the Bible. If it says something about every single thing there is, then there is not much evidence that it isn't true. If you do not agree with my argument, then you are welcome to take anything and say the Bible does not say anything at all about it and debate with me about it.

• It does, in certain ways.

Theologians have stated that the main purpose of the Bible is to spread teachings of morals. It's not a history textbook, yet a book of parables to inform us about right and wrong. For instance, the story of the Forgiving Father: Basically, the son had run off and wasted all of his money on junk, and he ended up being poor with nothing to eat or live in. He returned to his fathers house, and his father welcomed him back with open arms. The son was sorry for his sins, and the father had thrown a big party because his son had returned home, THE END. The moral of the story is that if you are sorry for your sins and what you have done, you will be forgiven. It also teaches the importance of being a forgiving person. The Bible is important for teaching morals, but the Theologians have stated that the Bible does not contain a large emphasis on history.

• It's been proven

The Bible has been proven to be correct time and time again. In fact, there has never been anything to prove the Bible false. Not one shred of evidence against it. (Credible proven evidence.) It is historically accurate, scientifically accurate, morally accurate, and socially accurate. It has, and will, continue to stand the test of time.

• Of course, why would it not be!

The bible is a very reliable source of information. The bible tells us about when Jesus walked the earth and how the prophets handled their lives. If we read the bible we are doing what The Lord has asked us to do. If we follow the bible we will have a successful life.

• Yes, Read it.

Of course it is a great source of knowledge. The Bible was written thousands of years ago, don't you think that it is funny how Every thing that it says will happen has ALREADY happened and or WILL happen? If you want real knowledge, read the book of Proverbs, it has many quotes that make complete sense and can help you with many of your problems.

• Lol, of course not!

Using The Bible in an argument is ridiculous. Especially when you're trying to prove that God exists. Using The Bible to try to prove that God exists is like trying to prove Superman exists with a Superman comic book. It's pointless and just doesn't work, man! I don't know, that's just me.

• I am sorry, but no

Ok, first of all, a credible source means that it can be backed by others at that time period and seems trustworthy. If one thing in the bible was inaccurate, then whats to say that the whole kabuki is either? As a modern day high school student, i believe that religion is great (it can really help people through tough times), however, is not scientifically credible. I feel uncomfortable not agreeing to this text, but if we are to keep society running and improving we will have to avoid putting religion- ANY religion- into what we do as a species. Incorporating bias viewpoints and denying the results of modern day science is definitely a step backwards for the innovation of the human race.

• No, the Bible is a religious work

No, the Bible is not a reliable source of knowledge. The Bible is a religious text meant to inform those of Christian belief on how to live their life and love God. Historical knowledge and scientific knowledge are reliable because they are not influenced by religion and therefore less prone to bias and inaccuracies. The Bible has a definite agenda and therefore is not a reliable source.

• Matthew Can't Count

Matthew Can't Count
    At the end of chapter 1, Mathew adds up the linage of JeZeus, but it's not 14, 14, 14, but 14, 14, 13. Tested against 1 Chronicles 3, it's actually 14,18,13.
    IRONY: Christian tradition deplores the oral law. It is the work of the Devil's children (the Rabbis, the Jews), yet using the number 14 as a proof of divine origin is from the oral tradition. In Talmudic numerology, 14 is the number of kingship. Laughable.

• Of course not

The bible says that bugs only have 4 legs, that the jews were enslaved in egypt which by proof of modern science is false, the man known as jesus (who's real name was mistranslated) was born in the winter time and came back to life, that the earth was created in seven days, that the first people were only 2 people and that they procreated from there, that an ark smaller than the titanic held every species in current existence. I could go on but I think you get the point that the bible was wrong once or twice and is nothing close to a reliable source of knowledge.

• Absolutely not.

Not only does the Bible make various assertions which are contrary to modern scientific knowledge, but it also possesses internal contradictions within the text itself. Moreover, the Bible also introduces various doctrines which are utterly opposed to modern-day morality, such as the acceptance of death by stoning for the most insignificant of "crimes," such as working on the wrong day, sleeping with the wrong person, or saying the Lord's name in vain (so much for free speech.) It's somewhat disturbing to know that billions of people believe their God was justified in having a man violently pelted with stones until he died simply for picking up sticks on the sabbath (Numbers 15:32-36). All this, of course, isn't even to mention the fact that the original New Testament manuscripts are hopelessly inconsistent in their content and riddled about with forged writings, fabricated accounts, and exaggerated events. In my opinion, the assertion that the Bible is a reliable source of knowledge is laughable, at best.

• No, just read it and see...

If you read the bible, any version from Gutenberg to King James, the contradictions are overwhelming; despite what the single yes vote on this opinion says. The Moral ideals expressed are varied, contradictory and very often, simply not moral; despite what the single yes vote on this opinion says, he quoted one that is relevant and realistic, there are a few more but morality comes far more from our instinctive empathy than it does from a thousand year old book. Historians have checked much of it's content, and virtually nothing form the old testament stands up to criticism, and marginal evidence which with some massaging, can be be attributed to some elements of the new testament; in that there may have been a person named Jesus who existed some 2000 yrs ago and had followers, but nothing to support that he was the son of any god or a messiah. Indeed the bible was compiled by many authors over decades and centuries, which only goes further to its incredibility and unreliability. In conclusion it contains virtually no historic fact and the quality of writing is sketchy at best. May I suggest Google instead.

• No,

there are over 700 contradictions in it. It has been translated perhaps too many times to count, and it has constantly been proven wrong with science. It is just chosen by Christians what parts to believe and what parts not to. I don't think Noah's ark, a ship smaller than the Titanic, could hold more animals than it. There is little to no historic evidence of it really even happening.

• I don't really think the Bible is a reliable source of knowledge.

Simply put, I believe that the Bible was written by religious zealots. I feel that as the times have changed, it is no longer relevant to our lives. This is not to say that the Bible has no merit, but I feel that people can learn more without it. You can still follow God and not read the bible.

• No, Absolutely Not

The Bible is a book written by man to convince people of the time to follow a rule set that was important to follow at that time. In consequent years, it has become increasingly less important as science has surpassed that of the time. It has also been re-"interpreted" by many rulers throughout the years, rendering the text less reliable.