• Kind of a no brainer.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5 - A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Pretty clear to me.

• Just look at Adam and Eve.

“And the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.’ Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: ‘This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.’ Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
    —Genesis 2:18-25 (NKJV)

The image of God is both male and female and is reflected in a godly union between male and female where the creative power of God, His life-giving, His self-giving and His moral nature are perfectly expressed. This is only possible in a heterosexual union.

When God created a partner for Adam He created Eve—not another Adam. This means that perfect partnership requires some level of difference as well as a level of similarity so great that Adam could cry out loudly, ”This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh”. Sexual intimacy between a man and a woman is the normal method of male/female bonding (emotionally and physically) because it corresponds to the design of our bodies and because it is the normal means by which offspring are created.

• The Bible is against gay marriage

The Bible makes it quite clear what marriage is. Marriage is between one man and one woman. Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:6-8
    Remember that the Bible is against the act of homosexuality, not against the people. Also, look at the way the human race was created, we were created as man and woman. Not man and man or woman and woman.

Posted by: JATW
  • The Bible's Bubbling with Bigotry

There is enough reason previously stated by others here and by me in the comments. This holy book is explicitly homophobic (as well as sexist and xenophobic and favoriting) and the many forms of acceptable marriage are exclusively between men and women. There is not one positive thing in the bible pertaining to the LGBT community.

• Yes it is

Despite what some (very nice) Christians may think; the bible is quite anti gay, but to be fair its also:
    Anti-polyester
    Anti-murder (sometimes)
    Anti-women talking in church
    Anti-boiling a goat in its mothers milk
    Among other things
    So, its not really a nice book in any way, shape or form... Too bad really

• As Mister_Man already posted, the verses are clear and need no "interpretation".

The bible is a guidebook on how to be a bigot. Murder is the penalty for not just homosexuality but all sorts of ridiculous stuff.
    -Premarital sex. Kill the girl. Deuteronomy 22:20-21
    -If someone tells you about another religion. Kill them. Deuteronomy 13:7, and Deuteronomy 17:2-5 (Pretty much the same as Islam)
    -Disagree with a priest, you get murdered. Deuteronomy 17:12
    -Someone is a "witch", murder her. Exodus 22:17
    -Make fun of old people. You die. 2 Kings 2:23-24
    -Fortunetellers? Murder them. Leviticus 20:27
    -Hit our father? Death penalty. Exodus 21:15
    -"Curse" your parents? Death penalty. Leviticus 20:9

And on and on and on and on... I didn't even cover half the offences that warrant death. Basically, if you are looking for a reason to be intolerant of someone, pick up a bible.

• Jesus defines marriage when asked about divorce

Mark 10:6-9 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    By definition two men or two women are not a marriage. I am not judging what people choose to do in their own bedrooms here that is between them and God. I am also not against gay rights in the sense that that I believe all people should be treated with respect and dignity but marriage is something I believe is between a man and a woman not just on a religious note but on a sociological one as well. Homosexuals do not face any more relationship challenges in terms of legal barriers than heterosexual couples that co-habitat and I think we should work to remove them for all in terms of hospitalization, children healthcare etc.

• God did not write the bible people over 2000 years ago did.

People use the bible as an excuse to be homophobic and rude.
    These people are afraid of the unknown and would be homophobic with or without the bible.

Some people need to remember that the bible is really just a bunch of short story's written to deliver a message, wich were thought to be correct in the time.

Stop blaming the bible for the fault's of the people who misinterpret it.

• The Bible isn't specifically against gay marriage.

God is against homosexual activity. We as Christians need to be careful about over reacting about one particular sin and don playing other sins. Gluttony is just as big of a sin as homosexuality yet, that sin doesn't get talked about nearly as much(because people love to eat).

Is homosexual activity wrong? Yes.
    Is the Bible against gay marriage? No

With all that I have stated, I wouldn't advocate to legalize gay marriage.

• The bible does not state this and tells you to love equally!

-Men and women were not treated equally, it is saying to not treat a woman as if they were men, and even then it is a questionable translation.

-SAME AS ABOVE - Men and women were not treated equally, it is saying to not treat a woman as if they were men, and even then it is a questionable translation.

-How is this to do with Gay marriage?????

Also, the bible is against divorce and wearing two different types of clothes, which are punishable by death in the bible, and yet ACCEPTED in today's society. On top of this, God is love, and according to the bible loves everyone equally. Why should the LBGQTA community be an exception?

• People back then didn't understand homosexuality

First of all, I'd like to point out that all of the verses people have been quoting have been translated many times from many different languages, possibly changing their meaning, and they are also all taken out of context. Now onto the question.

When we ask whether the Bible as a whole condemns gay marriage, we have to look beyond specific verses. At the time these verses were written, most people didn't understand homosexuality, and they didn't realize that two people of the same sex could have a healthy, constructive relationship. They thought that the only way a man could/would have sex with another man was through rape. I don't think that these verses are condemning homosexuality itself, rather rape (which they thought was the only reason for gay sex).

Additionally, if you look farther forward to the teachings of Jesus, it's made clear that the Bible would actually PROMOTE gay marriage, if it knew how homosexuality actually worked. Jesus says multiple times not to judge anyone else, and that all people are deserving of respect. He also was known for hanging out with the outcasts and "different" people in society. If he knew that two people of the same sex could have a healthy, consensual, fulfilling relationship, I'm sure he would have been all for it.