• You don't always learn from true things

Just because the bible may not be true. Doesn't mean we learn nothing. As much as it seems unrealistic we can still learn the way of life. Hardships, trust and love. All this is taught through the bible. Some may say that the bible is not proven correct, however it is not proven incorrect either. Thus, whether the bible is true or not, all humans can learn to live.

• All the debates about textual accuracy etc. Aside, it is

I feel that those who question it's reliability skepticize from the outside, and not from the perspective of experience. Those who believe it began from skepticism and moved to faith in it's reliablity. The reliability of the Bible should not be confused with the assumption of inerrancy. I do not believe the Bible to be necessarily inerrant, but I do believe the God of whom it speaks to be, and the principles within it to be utmostly true in a practical sense. I also believe it's record of history, especially as regards the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus to be true as well.

• The bible teaches us how to live...

Even if you are not religious, you can learn from the book of God. He teaches us through His word how to live, and how to be a good person. Following His commandments, learning from the suffering of Jesus, can teach us valuable life lessons. Lean from the Bible and your life will be better, even if you do not believe in it.

• Little evidence against it

There is little evidence that the Bible is not historically accurate. All I hear from others is "it has been written down and translated throughout the years". While that is true, I'd like an example to actually prove your point. While we don't have the original manuscripts, we have copies of the manuscripts, and these are incredibly similar to each other and the Bible today. Also, the scribes who wrote the bible were very careful in there writing. If they misspelled a word, the document was destroyed and they had to start over. Just look at what happened when one word was left out of the Bible (a.K.A. "the Wicked Bible") all but 17 copies were destroyed and the printers heavily fined! Also, the Bible told of civilizations and events before they were found, such as the Hittites, Nineveh, and the siege of Lebon.

In conclusion, while there isn't enough evidence to prove that every word in the Bible is absolutely true, the lack of evidence against it, as well as all the evidence for it, proves the Bible to be at least historically accurate.

• A Source of Spiritual Inspiration

The Bible is a blessing to those who place the book within proper context. The Bible is a source of spiritual uplifting for men and women who are spiritual beings. It is also pretty accurate when considering the span of time it covered, and that no other text has been as successful.

• Historian's like to disagree with the No side.

Historian's find the bible to be beyond accurate. They used it to discover an entire empire (Hittites) and even used it to accurately recreate the blue prints for the Temple of Solomon. It has been praised for amazing accuracy in names and dates that historians would have otherwise never had.

• We have much to compare it to.

Jesus verbally supported the old testament (in the new testament), so proving the new testament reliable should be all we need. There are thousands of pieces of the new testament of various ages, and they differ almost not at all. John 7:53-8:11 is the only piece that has been confirmed to not be in the original manuscripts. I believe that the remarkably small amount of variation in manuscripts of old vs. Their modern versions demonstrates that God has been protecting it's integrity. Text varies greatly over time otherwise: we have reason to believe that Hamlet is actually only an adaptation of Shakespeare's original work.

Http://hermeneutics.Stackexchange.Com/questions/68/is-john-753-811-inspired
    http://www.Focusonthefamily.Com/faith/the_study_of_god/how_do_we_know_the_bible_is_true/is_the_bible_reliable.Aspx

• Not at all.

For one, the Bible itself isn't even written by God or Jesus, it is written by men. Secondly, the Bible tends to contradict itself quite a bit. (I went to a Christian school all through elementary), and when I was bored, I would just read through the Bible out of boredom, and even when I was a Christian, I noticed contradictions in it.

• Not even close.

Even if one were to ignore the fact that the bible was a collection of stories that were based on older myths of their region and passed down orally for decades and even centuries before being written, and that it was assembled in a COMMITTEE and edited many times over the centuries, it isn't reliable.

There is no historical or archaeological verification of any of the major stories of the bible- not even any primary historical evidence Jesus existed. Mainstream historians agree that the Noahide flood, the Adam and Eve tale, and Exodus are all myths, meant to be metaphor.

It is scientifically absurd at every turn.

So how is this "reliable"?

• No it isn't

The bible is a book of fairy tales that arent scientific or reliable at all. The stories may have morals but it isn't scientific. So far, science is the most accuret thing around. The bible isnt science. Also, it was written thousands of years ago. Information of the ancient world was unreliable. So is this.

• The bible is not a reliable source.

It can be clearly seen that the bible is not a reliable source if someone was to simply read the bible or become knowledgeable on the bible.

-There are things in the bible that contradict modern science.
    -The bible also contains many contradictions within itself.
    -The stories of the bible are stories that are passed down from generation to generation, through oral records. Saying that the stories that make up the bible are similar to the end phrase at the end of a game of telephone.
    - The bible stories are very similar in nature to Greek or Roman myths, in the way that they were developed.

• I say no because

There is no way the Bible could have stayed in the exact context it was in when it was first written. First, it was passed through villages and handwritten (your bound to run into mistakes) and it got switched from all these different languages. Also, someone could easily put words in to say what they wanted it to and then pass it on.

• Let me tell you why not...

The bible doesn't teach how to be a good person. Otherwise the people who worshiped it wouldn't have murdered and enslaved thousands of people throughout the course of its existence. (although i guess i shouldn't be too hard on Christianity alone. Almost every religion in the world has been used for that single purpose.) but i personally find no comfort in the bible whatsoever. Every time i read it, all i see are lies and hypocrisy. Some of the nicest and selfless people I've ever met are atheist. And some of the most selfish, stuck up, materialistic people I've ever met are Christians. {here's a typical scenario; there's a hot blond chick with a fake tan, showing off half her body walking around the school making fun of all the unpopular kids and flirting with all the hot guys, and she'll say shes a good person just because she reads the bible.} I think the main reason for this is because people think that just 'being christian' or 'reading the bible' automatically gets them into heaven, and they can just do whatever they want. Sssssoooooo, no. The bible is not reliable.

• There are contradictions galore

I couldn't list all of the contradictions within the Bible.
    But just a quick search on youtube of 'Bible Contradictions' will provide you with some insight as to what I'm talking about. Leaving God out of the conversation, the Bible is written thousands of years ago by several nomadic desert dwelling men spread out over hundreds of years with diagnosable schizophrenia. Not to mention that virtually every historical event in the Bible is found only within the bible, and not supported by outside sources.