• I believe that it is.

First, I'm a Christian so, I do believe that Heaven and Hell exist. Heaven is a place of peace for those who believe and are saved in The son of God, Jesus. As for Hell yes I do believe that Hell is a "torture chamber" that is meant to punish those that reject Jesus and his followers, and it is a place that sinners go when they don't accept Jesus and don't ask for forgiveness of their sins and don't turn away from their sinful lives. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this opinion.

• Yeap it is.

What is a torture chamber? A place in which torture is occurring. What is torture? The act of inflicting pain as a punishment. Why do people go to hell? For not repenting sin and being immoral in the eyes of the deity. So, people go to hell as a punishment where pain in going to be inflicted onto them.

• Yes hell is a torture chamber

Hell is on earth. Y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y yy y yy y

• Pretty much seems so.

Those who don't believe, no matter their justifications, will apparently be condemned to an eternity of pain and suffering, purely for punishment.
    I'm unsure how such an oppressive and seemingly cruel concept is supposed to do anything but scare people into a lifetime of fearful submission.
    And God is supposed to be compassionate, how is that compassion?
    There's about as much compassion as a life under the rule of Kim Jong-un, or some other psychotic dictator.

• Yes I agree.

I personally believe that hell exists. Because if yhe continues amount of things to do with demons_death and conspiracies to do with Satan and evil I mean come on think about it _ where do you think demons come from in them ghosts and demon detection programs,and the bad thing is people die due to this problem.
    So I think its true

• Yes, it is. Or it would be if it were real.

Technically, there is no "biblical" hell, since the bible does not directly support the idea of a place of endless torture. The word "Sheol" means "grave" and was a place for disposing of dead bodies. Our modern idea of hell is thought by many scholars to have come from the Greek/Roman concept of Hades. I know this from extensive study from my days as a mainstream Christian planning to attend bible college.

• More like a palace of suffering.

When most people picture heaven, they imagine it as being all about clouds, halos, wings, and harp music. When they picture hell they usually imaging it as being all about fire, demons, pitchforks, and such. This is because the bible speaks of heaven above and hell below. When we look up, we see clouds. When they look below, the see the source of volcanoes. This is how they get their images. The problem with these images is that they exist in the real world and not in the plain of existence that god is on. If heaven was on our plain we would see it but we can't so must be in a different plain. The same would be true of hell. You also would not have your mortal body but be either a spirit or the embodiment of an immortal soul. Seeing that no matter how good a physical heaven would be, eventually it would become less so, and eventually become so unbearable you would rather stop existing. Ever gone on a thrill ride or watched a great move that was so good you wanted to do it again? You may enjoy it the second time but a little less. Then if you do it again, even less. The same would be true in heaven because no matter how interesting it is to start, eventually it would bore you past the point of torture because, after all, it would be eternity.
    If heaven was a place that people would want to spend eternity, it would probably just be the simple feeling of bliss. No thoughts, memories, or any other feeling but bliss. Ever done something and had the time of your life? That feeling you had when you felt nothing could get any better? At that moment, where you thinking about anything? No, it was only when other things popped into your mind that the bliss stopped.
    In contrast, hell would be eternal suffering or misery.

• How can you feel pain when you die?

Our sensitivity to pain is based on our nervous system, not soul (if you can prove that it actually exists). When we die, our entire body shuts down, including the nervous system, meaning we can't feel pain after death. So if pain doesn't exist after we die, Hell can't. Why can't Hell exist? Because a place of torture after death won't work.

• Their is no such place as hell

If you all read the Bible, this hell or Gehenna was not a spiritual place of torment. It was a place outside of Jerusalem use to burn dead body, Jesus use that place when talking about the end days as a symbols of horrible things would be like. The Bible does not SUPORT the hell theory in any ways. Read the Bible and think about yourself.

• LDS Opinion (courtesy of lds.Org)

Hell
    An English translation of the Hebrew word Sheol, hell signifies an abode of departed spirits and corresponds to the Greek Hades. In common speech it generally denotes the place of torment for the wicked, although it has been often held, both in the Jewish and the Christian churches, that Hades (meaning broadly the place of all departed spirits) consists of two parts, paradise and Gehenna, one the abode of the righteous and the other of the disobedient. Gehenna, or Gehenna of fire, is the Greek equivalent of the “valley of Hinnom,” a deep glen of Jerusalem where the idolatrous Jews offered their children to Moloch (2 Chr. 28:3; 33:6; Jer. 7:31; 19:2–6). It was afterwards used as a place for burning the refuse of the city (2 Kgs. 23:10) and in that way became symbolic of the place of torment (Matt. 5:22, 29–30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33; Mark 9:43, 45, 47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6). Expressions about “hell-fire” are probably due to the impression produced on men’s minds by the sight of this ceaseless burning and are figurative of the torment of those who willfully disobey God.

In latter-day revelation hell is spoken of in at least two senses. One is the temporary abode in the spirit world of those who were disobedient in this mortal life. It is between death and the Resurrection, and persons who receive the telestial glory will abide there until the last resurrection (D&C 76:84–85, 106), at which time they will go to the telestial glory. In this sense the Book of Mormon speaks of spiritual death as hell (2 Ne. 9:10–12). Hell, as thus defined, will have an end, when all the captive spirits have paid the price of their sins and enter into a degree of glory after their resurrection. Statements about an everlasting hell (Hel. 6:28; Moro. 8:13) must be interpreted in their proper context in the light of D&C 19:4–12, which defines eternal and endless punishment.

On the other hand, the devil and his angels, including the sons of perdition, are assigned to a place spoken of as a lake of fire—a figure of eternal anguish. This condition is sometimes called hell in the scriptures (2 Pet. 2:4; D&C 29:38; 88:113). This kind of hell, which is after the Resurrection and Judgment, is exclusively for the devil and his angels and is not the same as that consisting only of the period between death and resurrection. The one group are redeemed from hell and inherit some degree of glory. The other receive no glory. They continue in spiritual darkness. For them the conditions of hell remain.

• No hell is not a torture chamber

Hell is not torture chamber the bible hardly describes hell hell is fire that doesn't go out Jesus never said anything about torture but hell is still a place of suffering we receive Jesus Christ as are savior forgiveness of sins will be cleansed from us I thank god is a great god who is loving and caring hell is a place of everlasting fire nowhere in the bible it says torture chamber

• It's not really a torture chamber.

I think Hell isn't necessarily a place of torture and eternal fire, but your ultimate threshold of suffering. In Layman's terms, hell is basically a realm of your worst nightmares that you have to live through, for what I believe to be a certain amount of time, so it could be anything really.

• I don't think so

I am a Christian, so I believe that there is Heaven and Hell. I do not believe that Hell itself is a torture chamber, but rather it feels like torture because of the total absence of God. In Hell God completely stays away, so just the knowledge that you could be with him is what makes people suffer.

• I do not believe so

I am not aware of any credible section in the Bible that actually suggests that Hell is a "torture chamber". I see the environment of Hell as being a barren wasteland that may seem hellish in a sense. Much like how Shintoism describes their afterlife. The only reference of Hell that actually describes it in the Bible is in the Book of Revelations when it is likened to a pit of flames or lava. The people who go to Hell are unrepentant sinners and people who will not accept salvation. I believe anybody who leads a moral good life and is able to accept salvation and be truly repentant when judgement comes will be saved.

• I don't think so.

I believe that our God is loving and kind and extremely forgiving. I think it is a little suspicious if our God through his creations he made to be imperfect into a horrible unforgiving place. I also, even though I am Christian, don't believe in Hell for the reasons I gave above.

• Hell is not a torture chamber.

Hell is a literal place (location is up for debate) where souls who have rejected the Savior go. There is suffering but any ideas of devils torturing people cannot be found in the Bible. Luke 16:23 and Mark 9:44 show us that hell is torment and fire. Consider also that hell itself is cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14) which burns with fire and brimstone (Revelation 21:8) where there is eternal torment (Revelation 20:10). So if your question is if there is any suffering in hell, then the answer is yes. But if you are asking if people are being tortured by devils then no.