• Love Is Not Real

"Love" is a term that defines the altered understanding of relations. Humans, animals, most all living things develop a connective response toward one another. A bond starts to form amongst one another. But "love" is a concept that only man would be foolish enough to develop. We view "love" as a dedicated, undenyable, unbroken attachment between people. But, in my opinion, I believe it to be nothing more than an insipid yet effective method of ficticious happiness. We devote ourselves to the idea of "love" to give hope to the thought that we can be fully satisfied by this happiness we have found within this other person. It gives a sense of purpose and a sense of socially justified motivation. "Love" can motivate someone to get through the day. "Love" can keep one fixated or distracted on this overly pursued happiness. All "love" is is a glorified, overly credited joy that we all wish to exaggerate to help us in our own personal ways, whether we see it this way or not. Realistically, relationships and bonds can form. But a society that pressures everyone to find an abundant amount of happiness solely within another person can ultimately end in either disastrous heartbreak or a questionable bond that was most likely rushed. If people didn't see "love" in such a idealistic perspective, there wouldn't be as much emotional anguish when someone that you seemingly shared a bond with has severed that bond, whether intentionally or not. And this comes from a 18 guy that's never been in a relationship. I've viewed many relationships from the outside. And this is the conclusion I've come upon. It may be wrong, but I've watched bonds slowly diminish to nothing after months of just barely standing each other. The reason those relationships hang on until they finally come to a realization seems to be simply because they thought it was "love". But love is an illusive concept created to phycologically benefit humans.

• Yes, it is a human feeling.

Yes, the concept of love is real, because it is the concept of a human being caring about another. Love is something that humans are capable of feeling, even though humans cannot ever love perfectly, because they are not perfect. Love is putting a person's needs and wishes ahead of your own. Humans can do that.

• Yes, it is

First -- what exactly is love? I think it means different idea/ concept to every individual. In that way, the concept is real, but it's unique to everyone.
    Second -- if you think about love and try to analyze and rationalize it, it's actually not a concept, rather than state of mind -- love is total acceptance of everything -- total peace with everything. People who have been in love (if you think you are, you are not) know that they are unable to find even a smallest flaw in the target. I say target because being in love is not just being in love with a person -- the target might be anything, from a person to an experience, to a car, to a sound, etc. Being in love is total acceptance. Love is total acceptance. (Bible and other holy scrips ask us to love each other). The opposite of love is not hate, but not accepting (it leads to desire and to other "sins").

• Yes the concept of love is real.

Yes, I do truly believe that the concept of love is real. I think that all people are capable of feeling love, and that the feeling of love is something that can last forever. Many couples have been married for very a very long time, and I think that proves that love is real.

• Yes. The concept of love is real.

The concept of love is absolutely real. Everyone in this world experiences their feelings slightly differently, but all concepts of emotions are very real. Loving someone is a wonderful feeling and it would hard to say any emotion that strong and powerful is not a real concept. All of our emotions are very much real.

• Of course the concept of love is real.

The concept of love is too real. When a person falls in love, they feel happy. When that love is not returned or is rejected, it causes the person to go into depression. I know because I've been heartbroken before and the feeling is horrible, it makes you wonder what to do with your life. If love wasn't real, then it wouldn't be able to produce the sensation of happiness or the horrible feeling of sadness.

• Yes, it is.

• Yes, the concept of love is real.

It is true that the concept of love is real. For example, the way I feel about my wife is not like any way I feel about anyone else. Also, the fact that you can care about someone more than you care about yourself definitely defies human nature and therefore should be explained by love.

• Love Is Not Real

• Love is not real.

I've thought before that I was in love. It's not real, we're all afraid of dying alone so we cling to someone. Animals don't experience "love", they just reproduce to keep their species alive. We get fixated on a person, we become obsessed, and we call it love. Why is it necessary? We'd be better off without the pain we feel when they date someone else, or the nerves we feel when they walk past us. It distracts us from what we really need in life.

Yes, I am fresh out of a bad breakup.
    Yes, I am "heartbroken".
    Yes, I felt ecstatic when I was with my girlfriend (I am gay)
    But love, or this idea of love, always ends. Some people just keep up the act that they are still "in love" for the fear of being alone.

• Scientifically speaking, probably not.

I feel that love is just a false feeling that the brain washes over the body. Personally, I think that the only reason why ''love'' even exists is it allows humans to reproduce, and therefor thrive. It's all about survival, hormones, natural selection, and false images the brain displays. I guess that's the same with feelings in general as well. It's all about maintaining a mentally and physically healthy lifestyle so in the future , a human can reproduce and pass on their genes.

• No, The concept of Love isn't real.

I don't think the concept of love is real, it's just something talked about and a word used to TRY and express how people feel about eachother. There is no love, its a combination of friendship, attatchment and perhaps attraction? We are constantly having this idea of love through movies and novels, I bet no one has experienced the love seen in the movies!

lucygoldsbro says2013-04-09T06:22:52.730
I think there is such thing as 'love' but its not like its shown in movies or books, etc. You can feel love- the chemical reaction that goes on in your body. But there is no such thing as a 'soul mate' or anything like that.