Is the cost of our major amounts of consumption too great?

• The cost of major amounts of comsumption is too great

It's my belief that the cost of our major amounts of consumption is too great. I believe this because we spend way to much money on items we consume. This is one of the main reason we are in the crappy economy that we are currently in. I believe that if we spent less, we would have more money to spend on other parts of the economy, thus allowing for more economic growth.

• Yes, I think our consumption as a society is a problem.

I think that there has to be a certain reduction when it comes to the amount of goods and resources that we as a society partake in. If we do not, then I can definitely see it becoming a problem in the future as we will run out of resources and ways to dispose of such materials.

• We have a lot of waste

I am not just talking about all the spent money that governments from around the world waste either. I am talking about all the useless products we make in order to try to get wealthy. Things that have no purpose other than to sit on a shelf somewhere collecting dust.

• Yes it is.

The cost of our major amounts of consumption are too great. We spend way to much money on the stuff that we consume, which is one of the biggest reasons why we are in an economic downturn right now. If we cut back on all of the needless spending we would be fine.

• Yes it is

The United States especially uses and buys way to much of a whole lot of things, from food to other stuff. I think that we need to reduce our costs of consumption, and that it will help this country in so many ways that it will be amazing to see.