Is the current and next generation of parenting a fail/going to fail?

Asked by: BurningSnoMan
  • Personally I think it will...

The current age of parenting makes absolutely no sense. Here's why...
    Alright so if you're a gamer like I am we have all met a little kid on the internet before right? On games like Halo, Call of Duty, whatever. Thing is, most of the games that we as gamers play nowadays are rated M (Mature 17+) for a reason. But the parents of this age apparently don't know how to read. This is only the beginning of my rant on this topic.
    I can give an example of a bad parent of this age where video games Are not involved.

• The world has changed to an unbelievable mess

I am in this next parenting generation, and I believe that the way that our present is shaping us, we will be unfit to look after the coming generation. People have become so carried away with electronic devices that people would constantly be on there instead of looking after children. But this does not always happen. One thing is though that people these days have started to get involved in sexual matters at much younger ages, meaning that a lot of parents will be younger and less mature than what they should be. It would be extremely hard to cope with the life of a younger citizen while looking after a child, which may even lead to abortion and abandoning. Please unless you have an idea to stop society, support the coming generation to prepare.

• No it will not.

Throughout thousands of years older generations have always complained to the younger generations that "kids arn't respecting their elders". If this has been goin on for thousands of years than human civilization would have destroyed itself. I believe that these generations of parents were just like any other generations of parents.

• Every generation looks at the younger generation and wonders how the world will survive. Why should our generation be much different.

Although parenting is a big deal, it is only one of the factors in the nature of our culture.

Research supports the idea that gender ratios greatly effects the divorce rate AND nature (conservative & traditional vs. Wild and liberal) . North America is headed towards a time of conservative and traditional morality if this research holds true.

Socialist practices like universal day care and social services meddling in families will become less supported because of the call for financial cutbacks. This tends to make people less indulgent of bad behavior in children and youth.

The more struggles we have the more serious we get about prayer. Prayer works.

The idea "children should be seen and not heard" is missing from this social media generation. The backlash against this will certainly come. Youth are learning even now to be careful what they say in a public forum.

gordonjames says2013-05-28T16:23:22.433
Good question, but it is a little vague.
Do you mean globally, or just in one area / culture / country?
BurningSnoMan says2013-05-28T16:42:59.330
In The U.S.
BurningSnoMan says2013-05-29T20:38:50.143
What's funny to me is that the two highlighted Video games like that's the only cause that I'm talking about.... Fail.
GeekiTheGreat says2013-06-03T15:06:18.353
"Personally I think it will... The current age of parenting makes absolutely no sense. Here's why...
Posted by: BurningSnoMan"

Because that is what you started to talk about BurningSno. Since you started to talk about video games on your question, we all assumed it was about video games. Don't be a moron.