Is the current education system fair to all students?

Asked by: Taggie16
  • Dr Bryan Ng

Dr Bryan Ng from singapore has come to look for me and he told me this:" Education is very fair for everyone, regardless of race, language or religon and we hope not to see anyone saying that education is not fair as the truth is that education is fair to everyone.

• My Teacher said so

They said that it is fair to play favoritism and i am not agreeing with them. It should be fair instead of fair already so I think that education is fair to everyone except the poor people. Some people think that education is not fair to everyone but is only to the poor.

• The same tests won't help everyone.

There was a famous image that went viral where a teacher tells a bird, elephant, duck, and a turtle to climb a tree. Our current education system is similar to that. Some people are visual learners, some need simpler terms, and some need a more challenging idea. I think that we'll prosper more if the education system conforms to all kids.

• Not even close

The current education system doesn't work for students in poor-socioeconomic conditions, namely Hispanics and Blacks. University quotas and assistance to these groups helps, but its only a start. Furthermore, Asians are significantly discriminated against at the elite college level, where they are disproportionately rejected compared to whites, despite outscoring them across the board.

• Hell not fair

The education system allows students to only learn as a whole and students are not getting individual help. Teachers often teach the test which forces student to memorize instead of learn. If you don't do well on the ACT you don't get into a good college and if you can't afford to take the ACT more than once or even at all then you might not succeed as much as someone who can, even though you have the potential. It's also not fair that a lot of schools charge fees just to apply to them. Poorer students may be restricted to the schools that they apply to. I strongly believe that America needs to improve its education system to make it more fair and accustomed to every type of student.

• Definitely not fair

• I can't imagine why anyone would say yes.

Money is very unfairly distributed across poor, innercity schools and rich suburban school (like mine). It is ridiculous to claim that this system is fair, and it puts a massive disadvantage on children who are already at a disadvantage in almost everything in their life. Why would anyone select yes? Well, maybe if they changed the meaning of the question.

• Time!!!!!!!! TIK TOCK

The education system in the United States isn't all that bad. But it does in many cases waste students time. Time is the key component to improvement and it feels like towards the end of high-school, students are rushed to pick their future with only four years of curriculum! Absurd!

• The system is garbage

We waste so much time in school and we learn things we don't even need to know yet we're forced to learn it. What if I want to be a mechanic? I"m being taught stuff that I will never use in my life and yet I"m forced to learn it anyways before persuading what I actually want to learn. We should be allowed to choose want we want to learn. The system is broken dude

• What if your just not smart

Im a 13 year old boy and i think it isnt fair because its seems to me that i am forced to learn and i cant i have ADHD and i cant focus and school is to hard for me. I practice every day on math but just cant do

• Fuck school bro

Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it

• Early universal paper tests are unable to measure the brilliance of late bloomers or those who are not academically inclined

Universal paper tests are only fair to a subset of students who are academically inclined or who have developed this inclination early in their lives. These tests are unable to measure the brilliance of talented individuals who are not academically inclined or who have abilities which can only be measured by other forms of tests, tests which are currently absent in traditional curriculum.